Height of Drops on The Mummy Coaster - Stomach Drop Rate 1-10

fairytinkerbell

<font color=purple>The music in the Disney Plannin
I WANT TO RIDE THE MUMMY! BUT:

1. We are scared of coasters - don't like that feeling when ur stomach drops and when the coaster is climbing , slowly to the steep hill, and u get a sight of the
drop ahead... i could die! :faint:

2. We only ride thunder mtn rr in MK, Pirates of Carib. - that's the extent of drops we can take - barely drops.

3. Let's put it this way - I never even went on NORWAY MAELSTROM RIDE :faint:
at EPCOT - backed out of last minute out of pure fear about that backwards drop.
--- and I NEVER went on it! I just heard there was a "small drop " and wimped out.

SO ... HOW MUCH OF A DROP (S) IS IT?? Does your stomach feel it ? or is it too fast ?

Did u feel dizzy afterwards??

***BONUS QUESTION:: Can u tell me how to get to the mummy ride upon entering the park????

I haven't been on mummy yet - but as far as the Norway Malestrom goes - it's a little drop like Pirates of the Caribbean - the build up to it is just for fun!!!!!:D

I HATE my stomach to drop and it did not on the mummy. Not even close. It was an awesome ride.

You backed out on Malestrom? That ride is so much fun, and the backwards drop is only about 5 ft. POTC has a bigger drop than that.

As for Mummy, the coaster portion is in total darkness. Also, it uses a launch tube into a curtain of fog, so you'll never see the first drop. The only drop you'd be able to see is the third one (25 ft, 50 degrees), and only if you're in the front row. The drops are quick and are over before you know it. There is a backwards drop, though, but it's about the size of the POTC drop, and is over quickly.

As for dizziness, that depends on how well you handle coasters. Most people come off Mummy just fine, but a handful find it too intense for them.

To get to Mummy, just follow the giant crowd. :p Head straight when you enter the park, past Shrek, Jimmy Neutron, and Twister. Shortly after you pass Twister, head right. Mummy will be on the left. You'll know you're in Mummy territory when you hear
PA's/Casting Directors saying how all bags/loose items MUST be stored in the lockers.

You won't have to worry about climbing up the lift hill and seeing the first drop....

1. It's not a lift hill; it's a launch hill. Hold on when you see it.

2. The coaster takes place in complete darkness. The first drop is directly after the launch but hidden by fog. You'll never actually see anything. Since you don't see the drops, they're over before you've realized it. Sort of like the first inversion at RnRC. I didn't even know I was upside-down the first time I rode that.

No carry bags are allowed on the rides. This includes fanny packs. There are free lockers available to use.

I HATE ROLLER COASTERS & even found thunder mtn to be intense- but i really enjoyed the mummy ride and even got on it twice- there really wasn't much "air" feeling and the turns and drops were not the type where you feel like you may fall out -

i would go for it - at least once:crazy:

Originally posted by Robert Walker
No carry bags are allowed on the rides. This includes fanny packs. There are free lockers available to use.
Actually, fanny packs/hip packs are allowed, but only small ones.

This was instituted after much research and observation. Plus it helps reduce the congestion the first PA has to deal with. :)

I rode the Mummy 3 times. The only time you really feel a bit out of your seat is right after the launch, for a second, then at the end, but even that's not bad...the only thing is it's deeper than you think because you can't really see how far down it is (but it's very fun)

The rest of it is just turns and stuff like space mountain

I actually got by my with my oversized fanny pack and my digital camera bag. I actually thought I got quit a bit of air time in the back 2 rows. I lifted out of my seat a couple times, but then again I had my arms in the air and I was actually getting thrown around. My camera bag was moving around a lot, good thing it is leather and was strapped to my belt. No way I could have held onto it.

I rode for the first time yesterday. I nearly wimped out while waiting in line (even with FOTL staying onsite at PBH we had quite a wait just before 5pm), but I knew I'd hate myself if I didn't go through with it. When I got to the loading area and saw that the restraints were just lap bars, not shoulder cages, I relaxed a bit.

I LOVED it and rode again immediately (a walk-on this time, go figure), plus twice again today. I'd have ridden it even more, but I feel bad about those people waiting 45-75 minutes in line when I'm getting on as a walk-on. I'm a real coaster wimp, but this ride is great - no stomach losing moments (just enough 'thrill' that you feel that you've done a thrill ride - kinda like BTMR, but much better, or like R'n'R without the inversions) and the effects are just cool, not scary.

I think it's a bit misleading to say that the coaster portion is in TOTAL darkness. You certainly can't see the two drops because of what comes before them, but the twisty parts of the coaster ride are lit by various effects and you can see the track - like R'n'R.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter