Help a newbie to the DDP...

ReneeLMT

Mouseketeer
Hi all

Just wondering where the best place to eat dinner in Magic Kingdom is that accepts the DDP. Was maybe thinking about Cinderellas Royal Table, but that is 2 TS credits each person correct? We have 7 adults and 1 three year old in our party.

Thanks!

I wouldn't spend 2 credits on CRT - it's been slammed by recent reviews.

You don't have to stay in MK - there is a fantastic character dinner at Grand Floridian with Cinderella and friends. 1900 Park Fare. It's a short ride on the monorail from MK and not much of a hassle, really, to leave and come back.

I find dining at MK to be limited so we do things like Kona, Concourse, and 1900 Park Fare instead.

Thank you for your advice! A few more questions, though...Is dinner at 1900 Park Fare 1 TS credit or 2TS credits? And, how would we go about leaving the Magic Kingdom to get to the Grand Floridian and would it be worth it to go back to the Magic Kingdom afterwards, say if we have ADR's for around 6pm?

Thank you!!!

ReneeLMT said:
Thank you for your advice! A few more questions, though...Is dinner at 1900 Park Fare 1 TS credit or 2TS credits? And, how would we go about leaving the Magic Kingdom to get to the Grand Floridian and would it be worth it to go back to the Magic Kingdom afterwards, say if we have ADR's for around 6pm?

Thank you!!!

Just 1 credit, so it's a better value than CRT. Just exit the front of the park, get your handstamped, and jump on the monorail to the GF. Be sure and ask the CM at the monorail station if you can ride in the front of the monorail if you haven't before - course, the limit is 4 people but a few of you could join the preschooler in the front for the ride to dinner. It's so magical at night!

I think it's worth returning if the park is open until 9pm or later - just jump back onto the monorail. Esp if you want to catch Wishes =)

Thank you all for the info so far! Again, I have one more question for all the knowledgable Disney folks out here!! Lets say my family has an ADR at 1900 park fare for 6pm, and after dinner some of my family just wants to go back to the resort, since we are taking Disney buses how would we get back to POFQ from the Grand Floridian?

Thanks again!

ReneeLMT said:
Thank you all for the info so far! Again, I have one more question for all the knowledgable Disney folks out here!! Lets say my family has an ADR at 1900 park fare for 6pm, and after dinner some of my family just wants to go back to the resort, since we are taking Disney buses how would we get back to POFQ from the Grand Floridian?

Thanks again!

I would say take the monorail back to the MK, then the bus to POFQ. Someone else may have a better suggestion, though.

Ditto what ladybugsy said. It's a piece of cake. Get on at GF and the next stop is MK, then a short walk to the bus stops.

We ate at Crystal Palace last year and DS really loved the characters and DH enjoyed the food.

A friend just got back in March and ate at Liberty Tree. She said her entire family enjoyed it. We are trying Liberty on our next trip. :Pinkbounc

I agree that there are great places to eat all around the monorail and it is pretty easy to get in/out and back to MK.
But if you choose to stay at MK we also have enjoyed both Crystal Palace and Liberty Tree Tavern, fun character interaction at both. CP is buffett and LTT is served family style, if you want to order off a menu and no characters try Tony's in MK.

Tammy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter