• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help... another stroller question

lijory

Earning My Ears
My DH and I have be arguing on whether or not to bring or rent. I feel we should bring ours, but he keeps saying rent. My question to everyone, are the rentals still made oout of plastic or are they fabric and do they recline?? Has anyone rented a single very recently and how was it?? Thank you!!! Linda

The stollers at WDW parks are jogging type made of a mesh material they don't recline but have sort of a pocket to sit in...the cost is $7 for a single and $15 for a double and you get 1 disney dollar if you turn it .....

I prefer having my own stroller...I like the storage area and cup holder...though you do have to fold it up and get on a bus when you go to the parks some dads hate doing this...I prefer to save the money and live with a little planning about getting on the busses with a stroller..

We always bring our own. (we have a 2 year old and a 9 month old) Our double has big hoods and the backs recline to 3 different positions. It really comes in handy when one of the kids needs a nap. The main thing I don't like about the disney strollers is that your child's legs stick straight out, so if it's raining they get wet. Also the seat has no padding or comfort... they couldn't be used for an infant. (JMO)

if youre going to be using a stroller daily, then you should bring your own. the bulkiness for shuttles and stuff is set off by the long lines for stroller rental early in the day.

how old is your child? can he make it through a saturday at the mall without a stroller? if so then maybe you can do without and only rent on the odd days your child needs it.

Check out this link for picture of all the strollers and more info: Link.
I recommed taking your own stroller.

thanks for all your input. my ds is 4 1/2 and still enjoys siiting in the stroller sometimes when we shop at the mall. the pictures of the strollers on the debs site look plastic, not very comfortable. i think i will bring my own!!! linda

If you have a young child and are staying at a resort like POR or CBR you will want your stroller becuase there is a lot of walking at the resort as well. We have a combi travel- it was 70. but if folds like a dream weighs 10 pounds and has a carry strap- it wokrs awesome for the parks. My frined borrowed mine for her 5 year old on her last trip. I prefer to have my own. We do rent for the big kids if they are tired.

Which is to rent, but not from Disney. There are several off-site rental companies in Orlando that rent strollers for considerably less than the parks charge, and you have the advantage of having it for out-of-park situations as well.

These strollers are normal strollers, the sort that are owned by individuals, not institutional models. The services will deliver them to your hotel, though there is usually a surcharge for delivery.

If your DH is adamant about not wanting to bring yours, then perhaps you should try going without, and then if it becomes obvious that your kids are not going to manage without one, then call one of the services to get a stroller. If I were going to go the rental route, I'd go with an outside company; if I'm going to pay that kind of daily rate, I want the thing 24/7. (Of course, I'm the Stroller queen, I have one kid and 8 strollers; so I'm not real likely to rent unless I'm on the other side of the transaction . :D ))

Do the math. You didn't mention your trip dates, but if it is summer, your kids will probably poop out pretty quickly on walking; they all do in the unfamiliar heat. The walkways are all white concrete, and most WDW park days involve at least 5 miles of walking. Assuming that you manage without a stroller perhaps 25% of your park days, how much money are you going to end up spending? If your DH is grousing because he doesn't want to deal with an awkward stroller on busses, then perhaps for the same amount of money as you would be spending to rent, or less, you could get a more travel-friendly model of stroller, especially if you have any children's resale shops in your area where you could get a used one. You can always sell it after your trip.

We rented in Feburary. Double strollers every day. All but MGM were the plastic kind - which were way better than the fabric one that didn't recline and didn't look comfortable.

The kids found the double quite comfy. We didn't wait in line for strollers, arriving at the park at opening, we paid at "stroller express" and then just dropped into line to get the stroller after getting through the turnstile.

The disadvantage was toting the kids when the stroller wasn't available - that monorail ramp at Epcot is long - and the stroller station is way the heck past the turnstiles. The advantage was that we didn't have to lug a stroller through the airport - ugh! Since ours are two and three, that means bringing the double stroller (which is a pain in the back end) or two umbrella strollers (which the kids don't find comfortable for long).

(I'd wish I'd known about the non-Disney stroller rentals - that sounds like the way to go!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter