help finding aero bed for toddlers/kids

lundve

DIS Veteran
I know I have heard people rave about these and often buy them online. However I was wondering if anyone knows of a store that sells them since our trip is fast approaching. Thanks!

We use a bed sold at Target and Toys R Us It's not an aero bed, but it was alot less expensive. It is smaller than a twin, and has a built in sleeping bag and pillow. Not quite as nice as the aero bed, but cheaper and it takes up alot less room. It comes with a pump. Our 4 year old loves it. (It has Disney Princesses on it) I would not buy an Aero bed until the kid gets a little older, They take up more room. I think the bed comes in Thomas the Train, Spider Man, and Cars if you have a boy. We have had one for over a year, and it has held up well over several Disney trips. I think the price is $30.00 or so. Good luck!

We have a toddler "kids" aero bed. Got it from AMAZON. with Prime, it came in 2 days :)
It was however 69.99. We wanted the toddler version because my kids need a rail or a bump to remind them to stay on the bed!

We also plan to get a twin at BJs for 49.99 or teh Queen at Value City.. cause it is on sale this week!
HTH

We bought a twin size eddie bauer version of the aerobed at Target. It happened to be on sale for much less than the aerobed. It's very nice, has the plug in pump and inflates in no time at all.

Here is a link to ones at JCPenneys

Not aero, but to be honest, you may want to wait to get the more expensive types because kids have a habit of jumping on them and sometimes they break. Our kids knew better than to do that, but their friends have broken two of our air mattresses.

With these ones you won't need bedding since they come with the sleeping bag attached.

DJ

Lines and Things are always running sales on them. We got ours as well at their store. Plus they always have those 20% coupons in the Sunday paper. We just used ours again when we stayed in a 2 bed at BWV. My 13 yr old DS used it and no complaints!

Good luck!

Terry O

We bought ours at Costco, and I have seen them at Bed Bath & Beyond.

i have been looking for one, but a full size. i have been to linens and things and BBB several times in the past few weeks. nothing under $150.00, except for the twin. we bought a areo queen bed from BBB in a travel duffel bag, very nice, i paid $75.00. but of course we keep it in our owners locker and could really use another for home. if anyone hears or sees a sale please post, thanks!;)

I think they are called 'Ready Beds'. If you google that you will get the company.

These are absolute junk. I bought them for all my nieces two years ago. They didn't last. Of the four I bought, only one will still hold air. They are cute and great for toddlers, but they are very poor quality.

We have a queen size outdoor Aerobed. It is a heavier material. We have tried other brands and they do not hold up. This has held up for 3 years. I got it on sale at Target for under $90. I would buy a twin Aerobed for a toddler. I have seen them pretty reasonable at Walmart recently.

These are absolute junk. I bought them for all my nieces two years ago. They didn't last. Of the four I bought, only one will still hold air. They are cute and great for toddlers, but they are very poor quality.

We have a queen size outdoor Aerobed. It is a heavier material. We have tried other brands and they do not hold up. This has held up for 3 years. I got it on sale at Target for under $90. I would buy a twin Aerobed for a toddler. I have seen them pretty reasonable at Walmart recently.

We have used a My First "Ready Bed" with our almost 3yo daughter for over 18 months, including a 2 week trip with her in it every night, without any problems. She has probably used it for 25-30 nights, and we have never had a problem.

She loves it. She does jump on it more than we would like, but we have not had a problem at all with it. In fact, we just purchased the next size up for $20 at Sam's.

It is a manual pump, but it is not that bad to pump up. Or, you can get portable air pump from Target or the like for about $25.

Bill

I would get the twin areo if you were not planning on flying down.

However those little ready beds for $20 are very small and might be a good solution for a few trips.

We have used a My First "Ready Bed" with our almost 3yo daughter for over 18 months, including a 2 week trip with her in it every night, without any problems. She has probably used it for 25-30 nights, and we have never had a problem.

She loves it. She does jump on it more than we would like, but we have not had a problem at all with it. In fact, we just purchased the next size up for $20 at Sam's.

It is a manual pump, but it is not that bad to pump up. Or, you can get portable air pump from Target or the like for about $25.

Bill

I took a look at the one Ready bed that still works. It is different that the ones that broke. The problem is the hole where you plug in the pump has a little valve that looks like it shifted position. It no longer holds the air back when you pump it in. You have to pump then hurry up and close the lid. By that time all the air escapes. The one that works does not have the little valve cover. It has a different style hole. Maybe they knew they had a problem and changed the design of the valve. If you get a Ready Bed, open it up first to make sure you have the new design. They are perfect for toddlers. I hope you fair better than us.

We love the ready bed. We had the smallest one for a couple of years and just recently passed that down to my niece and bought my daughter the next size up. She uses it for travel, sleepovers, and for play.

Recently we had it inflated for 7 nights and never needed to add more air. Even with her 5 cousins playing with it, laying on it, etc.

Jim

I've got the Deluxe Inflatable Bed w/ pump from onestepahead.com My 3 year old loves it! It's also light and we'll be flying with it on our trip to BWV next week.

I found a twin aero bed on either BBB or L&T online clearance for $49.99,
the beds are 50% off the orginal price of $99.99. i was almost tempted but could really use a full size. i bet you could even use a 20% coupon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter