where do we stay? which room is best?

also - how are the restaurants on site?
any characters??

do they have chairs at the beach??

can kids use floats in the pool??

please help

2br condo

where do we stay? which room is best? -

We requested a marsh view. We were in room 1512 which is a 2 br. It has a great view of the fire works on Tuesday and was close to the lodge and the pool.

also - how are the restaurants on site?
any characters??
There are no restuarants on site and there are no characters. You can walk over the bridge to an area where there are lots of places to eat.

do they have chairs at the beach??
You can rent chairs at the beach and an umbrella. It's $28 for 2 chairs and an umbrella. The price goes down to $17 a day if you rent additional days.

can kids use floats in the pool??
Kids can use their own floats in the pool. They also have life jackets available at the bar at the beach house and at the main pool.

We had a great time there even though it was 110 degrees with the heat index. I recommend that you rent bikes to get around. It's lots of fun and you don't have to worry about getting a parking spot.

Have fun! :Pinkbounc

Is that $28.00 a Day to rent beach chairs??!! Or $17.00 a day, if you stay longer? That sounds very pricey for a couple of chairs. Regular DVC resorts don't charge you for the lounge chairs!! I'm hoping you're going to say that it's a one-time charge.... :rolleyes:

If you want a chair on the beach with an umbrella it is $28 for the day. If you rent it for multiple days the price is $17 per day. We rented two chairs and an umbrella the first day and then decided just to set ourselves up at the beach house. It's not that much further and close to drinks, the pool and the bathrooms. It is pricey for the rentals, but not that far out of line from what I have paid in Myrtle Beach.

Toby said:
Is that $28.00 a Day to rent beach chairs??!! Or $17.00 a day, if you stay longer? That sounds very pricey for a couple of chairs. Regular DVC resorts don't charge you for the lounge chairs!! I'm hoping you're going to say that it's a one-time charge.... :rolleyes:

I'm wondering what you mean by a "regular" DVC resort and why you think that DHHIR doesn't fit that description???? :scratchin

The only other Disney resort that has a beach is Vero, and I believe there is also a charge for beach chairs there. There is no charge for the chaise lounges at either of the HH pools.

BTW, the chair rentals are operated by Hilton Head Island, not the Disney resort. The easiest way to avoid the charge for renting chairs and umbrellas is to pick up some inexpensive ones at Wal-Mart on the island. You can even leave them behind for another guest if you don't want to take them back home. :sunny:

Oh, okay, I get the pricing now...I guess I mispoke by saying "regular" DVC resorts. I was thinking of the pool chaise lounges. I assumed (wrongly) that Disney supplied the chaise lounges/beach chairs for free, first come-first served. Now, I get it :flower:

Just wanted to let you know that we just came back from our first dvc trip as a member. We stayed at HH and were in bld 17 room 1712. We had a marsh view and a marina view.( a little obstructed). It was on the first floor, so it made unpacking easier. The place was just wonderful. There are alot of things to do for the kids and plenty of relaxing things for the adults. Everyone was so nice. I was surprised to see how friendly other dvc members are. They are very social people. We made some new friends, and we are looking forward to maybe seeing them again next year. All in all, this was probable the best vacation we have every been on!!. Have a wonderful time. I hope you enjoyit as much as we did!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter