Help give dh tips on surviving the kids without me! YIKES!

SandraC

Longs for the feeling of sandy salt water in her k
Hi! Last April 2001, we (dh, me, dd 7, ds 15 months at the time) figured we'd split up some time at WDW, dh and dd might to go BB, while ds and I stroll around MK. Never happened. We stayed together ALL THE TIME! It was nice! This April, kids are older and there are a few things I thought about doing ALONE! DH also would like time to tour the area ALONE! I can handle the kids just fine without DH, but last year ds was a real mamma's boy ~ he was great when I was around, but cried a lot when I was just in the bathroom! So I'm wondering if you all have tips for dh surviving the kids (especially ds alone!) THX S

How about taking off in the evening, while he puts the kids to bed early or while he takes the kids to the resort for a swim, you could take off by yourself (enjoy the WS). Maybe if he's at the resort, he will feel more at ease. If he's alone with them in the parks, maybe he could just concentrate on one thing- like just fantasyland or just toonetown.

Have you considered getting a sitter for your son, or having your DH drop him off at one of the kids clubs. Then DH can be with DD and you would get time alone...

Another idea is have DH take kids to DD where they can take the kids to a movie and to the Lego store. Your DD would probably like DQ, but your DS may be a little young. They can also have icecream at Ghirardelli's...

Or he may just like to take them to AK where they can look at animals together....

There is always minature golf (where your DS can help DH golf). We had a blast one afternoon playing both courses at the Summer/Winter course by BB.

Hope you get the relaxation you are looking for!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter