Help. I'm here now. Won't give me housekeeping $ because of TA

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG. So you actually think I said that I was entitled? If you read what I wrote, I said since I was turning down housekeeping, that I should/would be entitled to the $10 per day on a gift card. That being said, I checked in on Tuesday (the first reservation, which I made using my AP discount which was for two nights). I was concerned that I could stay in the same room for second reservation which started on Thursday. Both were booked under standard rates. He then said that I would get the $10 gift card for the first reservation (Tue-Thur).....but would not be entitled to a gift card for the second reservation (Thur-Sun. which would amount to $20). I honestly wasn't sure why, but was anxious to get to my room after all that driving, and I was extremely relieved that I wouldn't have to change rooms. On top of it all, the TA rate was $30 higher per night than the AP rate.
Please don't say that I claimed I was "entitled". That is extremely hurtful.

Last edited:
Here's the background. I've been coming to Disney yearly for about 28 years. For the last five years I moved closer and now am a short car ride away (albeit NOT a Florida resident). I now come about 2-3 times a year. Sometimes I book on my own, sometimes I use a very "good" TA. They've gotten rooms for me in the past called "Agency Exclusives". NEVER EVER once did they ever say anything about a convention rate. AND to top it off, the rate I just paid for this last stay was quite high.....certainly not what I think a convention rate would be.

Regardless.....I am going to address the TA tomorrow because after getting my folio, they credited me $20 onto my account and labled it something like "Customer Complaint".....which I am now upset about. I don't need that on my "Disney Permanent Record" (I'm sure they have one, LOL).

And last,but not least, I do want to thank the people who chimed in with advice. It is sincerely appreciated. :flower: However, there were one or two people who I believe were downright rude. It wasn't necessary. And I didn't need the $20. To me, at first I was curious about why I wasn't getting it, which after some research turned into a quest for the principal of the matter.:mic:

There's nothing your TA can do about this. I'll go out on a limb and say I'm 100% positive there is nothing in the quote they sent you that told you a housekeeping GC was included with your stay. Just as there would be nothing in a WDTC room-only or package price quote or confirmation. This is a resort program and is given or not given at the resort's discretion. People came on this thread repeatedly to try to help you figure this out and to let you know you were on a convention rate and were ineligible for the program. Even after receiving this information from the front desk and various people here, you persisted in complaining, hence the "Customer Complaint" label. Your quest for the principal of the matter was actually you persisting in trying to get something you weren't entitled to. I'm just a little confused as to why you would be miffed at a TA who got you a discount on a room? Perhaps next time just book at rack rate so you can get your $10 per night?

OK, I called the front desk. I am here for 5 nights. It is a combination of two reservations: the first one I made on my own for two nights, and the second reservation was made through the TA for three nights. So bascially, I should get three Opt out credits. I"m not looking for four, and I'm not looking for five. I'm looking for what I am entitled to, which would be one for the first reservation and two for the second. Total of $30 (or three )

OMG. So you actually think I said that I was entitled? If you read what I wrote, I said since I was turning down housekeeping, that I should/would be entitled to the $10 per day on a gift card. That being said, I checked in on Tuesday (the first reservation, which I made using my AP discount which was for two nights). I was concerned that I could stay in the same room for second reservation which started on Thursday. Both were booked under standard rates. He then said that I would get the $10 gift card for the first reservation (Tue-Thur).....but would not be entitled to a gift card for the second reservation (which would amount to $20). I honestly wasn't sure why, but was anxious to get to my room after all that driving, and I was extremely relieved that I wouldn't have to change rooms.

Just referencing your own posts.

Am I the only one who gets "Service Yourself?" I pay just $15 a night and they leave a gently used toilet brush and vacuum right outside the door.:earboy2:

OMG. So you actually think I said that I was entitled? If you read what I wrote, I said since I was turning down housekeeping, that I should/would be entitled to the $10 per day on a gift card. That being said, I checked in on Tuesday (the first reservation, which I made using my AP discount which was for two nights). I was concerned that I could stay in the same room for second reservation which started on Thursday. Both were booked under standard rates. He then said that I would get the $10 gift card for the first reservation (Tue-Thur).....but would not be entitled to a gift card for the second reservation (Thur-Sun. which would amount to $20). I honestly wasn't sure why, but was anxious to get to my room after all that driving, and I was extremely relieved that I wouldn't have to change rooms. On top of it all, the TA rate was $30 higher per night than the AP rate.
You said you were "entitled" multiple times.

Here's the background. I've been coming to Disney yearly for about 28 years. For the last five years I moved closer and now am a short car ride away (albeit NOT a Florida resident). I now come about 2-3 times a year. Sometimes I book on my own, sometimes I use a very "good" TA. They've gotten rooms for me in the past called "Agency Exclusives". NEVER EVER once did they ever say anything about a convention rate. AND to top it off, the rate I just paid for this last stay was quite high.....certainly not what I think a convention rate would be.

Regardless.....I am going to address the TA tomorrow because after getting my folio, they credited me $20 onto my account and labled it something like "Customer Complaint".....which I am now upset about. I don't need that on my "Disney Permanent Record" (I'm sure they have one, LOL).

And last,but not least, I do want to thank the people who chimed in with advice. It is sincerely appreciated. :flower: However, there were one or two people who I believe were downright rude. It wasn't necessary. And I didn't need the $20. To me, at first I was curious about why I wasn't getting it, which after some research turned into a quest for the principal of the matter.:mic:
There's your disconnect.
Your very "good" TA was not sharing the full details of your booking with you.
Should they have? That can be up to debate I suppose.
TAs aren't really required to disclose 100% of the particulars of the details of the rates they have booked someone under that are between the agency and Disney, just those that are between the guest and the TA or the guest and Disney.
So, I hope your addressing of things with the TA are to ask them about what they booked you under, and explain that you would prefer they disclose your booking info in detail in the future. So you are more prepared in the future.

There's your disconnect.
Your very "good" TA was not sharing the full details of your booking with you.
Should they have? That can be up to debate I suppose.
TAs aren't really required to disclose 100% of the particulars of the details of the rates they have booked someone under that are between the agency and Disney, just those that are between the guest and the TA or the guest and Disney.
So, I hope your addressing of things with the TA are to ask them about what they booked you under, and explain that you would prefer they disclose your booking info in detail in the future. So you are more prepared in the future.
Good points.
I guess it depends on the definition of "details". Anong other restrictions, it's in black and white that the exclusives can't be combined with other offers.
Anyhow, it's been an interesting discussion overall. Bottom line, guests have to choose how they spend valuable vacation time. Time is money at WDW.

I referenced your own words. :confused3
If that is hurtful to you perhaps you should check your own posts.
Have a good night.

I wanted to chime in and say that noting the account as a complaint may work in your favor. If anyone pulling up the account sees there was an issue, they may be especially prompt in handling future concerns so that you end up being a satisfied guest. In my experience Disney bends over backwards to make your stay magical and does not want guests leaving upset.

Well, perhaps my language/grammar was incorrect with the use of the word entitled. And no, I"m not going to address the issue of the money with the TA. What I am going to ask is if they booked me in with a convention. If so, then moving forward, then they at least should tell me. Right? Full disclosure so that I don't run into that again. And no, I never meant to state that I was entitled. Bad choice of word of my part. What I guess what threw me off was why would I "get" the discount on one reservation Vs. the other. It was NEVER explained to me at the front desk. And trust me, the money was NEVER the issue. It was a "rule/regulation" that was unknown to me and also, I never in a million years would have thought that I was bunched in with a convention.

Well, perhaps my language/grammar was incorrect with the use of the word entitled. And no, I"m not going to address the issue of the money with the TA. What I am going to ask is if they booked me in with a convention. If so, then moving forward, then they at least should tell me. Right? Full disclosure so that I don't run into that again. And no, I never meant to state that I was entitled. Bad choice of word of my part. What I guess what threw me off was why would I "get" the discount on one reservation Vs. the other. It was NEVER explained to me at the front desk. And trust me, the money was NEVER the issue. It was a "rule/regulation" that was unknown to me and also, I never in a million years would have thought that I was bunched in with a convention.
As has been said over and over again here, you were NOT “bunched in with a convention “. There was no convention. You had a TA exclusive rate. Reread.

You keep bringing up the fact that it was a convention rate like it’s a negative thing. :confused3

This is one of those threads that has snowballed, lol. Everyone is acting like it's common knowledge that convention rates aren't entitled to the gift card. I mentioned upthread that I stayed at POR last June on an agency exclusive rate and got the giftcard. We didn't even ask for it, it was offered to us. Someone else mentioned upthread that the policy of convention/agency exclusive/whatever you want to call them rates not being eligible for the giftcard was only enacted 6 months ago so it's not surprising there are people who are confused. Sounds to me like this is just another Disney policy that isn't entirely clear, kind of like the parking fee policy. Sometimes you are charged for your car, sometimes you aren't, and no one really knows how or why or when they are going to charge you, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter