help in finding disney item

James_Wright

Earning My Ears
hi,

found forum and hoped someone might be able to help me.

im trying to find a specific disney toy for my other half, namely "Disney's Beauty and the Beast Magic Talking Mirror".

First i checked ebay both .co.uk and .com but surprisingly to no avail, ive tried google but seem to come up with zip, does anyone have any handy tips/stores/places where i might have a chance in finding this?

any and all help would be greatly appriciated.

many thanks

James

I have not seen this item in years.

My DD has one that we purchased when the film came out on VHS. It still works and was one of her favorite toys as a child.

I would suggest using the ebay search email notification option. This way, if one is listed you will receive an email as soon as the item is listed.

Your only other option is to do yard sales and thrift shop searching. I have found many great Disney items in thrift stores and they are usually in good shape.

hi,

found forum and hoped someone might be able to help me.

im trying to find a specific disney toy for my other half, namely "Disney's Beauty and the Beast Magic Talking Mirror".

First i checked ebay both .co.uk and .com but surprisingly to no avail, ive tried google but seem to come up with zip, does anyone have any handy tips/stores/places where i might have a chance in finding this?

any and all help would be greatly appriciated.

many thanks

James

Did you ever find one? I've been trying for quite a while to find it for my 2 year old.

many thanks, will do as you suggested..doubt you're willing to sell yours haha

*well worth a try*

DD will not give up any of her Disney toys from her childhood (she's now 16). DS has a similar item from The Lion King. It's a pond with Simba looking down into it and has 5 sayings in the character's voices.

Hi James,

Did you find the talking mirror yet. If not, I have one that you may be interested in.

Charlotte

I figured out who the manufacturer was (Thinkway Toys), wrote to them and asked if they had any plans to re-release this toy. Unfortunately, they do not.

agnes!

Hi James,

I'm pretty sure this is the mirror and it works great. When you press the button there are five seperate pictures that light up each with their own saying. They are:

Candle "We invite you to be our guest"
Clock "You look splendid today"
Beauty "Show me the beast"
Beast / Beauty "I love you"
Teapot + cup "Lovely, now look in the mirror"
"Yeh, it's safe"

I am not good at attaching pictures but will get my daughter to help with that and send one asap.

The copywright on the back reads: DISNEY
PAT-PENDING
THE FROMM GROUP INC.
JUST TOYS N Y LIC.

I will be home all day today so you can respond back anytime.

Bye for now, Charlotte

Hi,

I tried to send you a message through your email address but it told me that it did not recognize the name I typed in in the CC area. I typed in James Wright but did not work.

Will try again.

Charlotte

that looks like the exact thing!

i dont know why the email wouldnt have sent.

i apoligise for my lack of reponse but for whatever reason my internet at uni has been down for the weekend..

mrj_wright@hotmail.com should work.

reply back if you have any problems.

many thanks

James

Congratulations!!!

I still have been looking for one of these for my 2 year old and can't find it! If someone else "uncovers" one, please let me know.:wizard:

congratulations?

unfortunetly the chuckette person who informed me she had one and was ment to email me didnt, so alas i am still looking...if anyone knows where i could get one please help me.

many thanks

James

I don't know if you'll get this in time or if you're even still looking for it, but I was looking for it a few minutes ago when I found this forum. One of them is on e-bay but will only be up for a few more hours. The other is on Live Auctioneers. I can't get them because I just started a new job so I don't have the money right now, so I'm e-mailing you the direct links to the e-mail you posted in another message. I can't post the links here because I'm a new member.

Good luck!

just curious as to if you were able to get your hands on one or if i should give up the search now. Unless someone out there has seen this item and would be willing to sell it. Please let me know too!

Hi
I am new here. I know that this thread is old, but hope someone reads this. I am looking for the 1992 Beauty and the Beast Talk 'n View hand mirror. I have a search set up for eBay, and almost bought one, but the talking function wouldn't work. If anybody knows where I can get this item. I would really appreciate it. I live in Canada.

Susan

Welcome to the forums. As for myself and alot of us. Ebay is the #1 to go when searching for older items. If you have a smart phone you can install eBay and save your mirror seach with a notification sound enabled on it. So if it does go up, you will be first to know! Such a handy feature and I have gotten numerous hard-to-find items this way! Enjoy your stay on DisBoards!

- MaterializedHaunt :hmghost:

Hi, I have set up that search for eBay on my computer as I don't want a cell phone. I found a set that is new manufactured in 2010 or there abouts. I am bidding on it now. Saw it for sale on another site for $80. Not in my price range. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter