Help me choose a hotel

If you need a two-bedroom there is the Worldmark Anaheim right across the street from the new JW Marriott. You could rent from an owner and stay there. Not sure what it would rent for but the maintenance fees would be about $200 a night. Even though I am a Worldmark owner I have never stayed there, but I hear good things. No free breakfast but you get a full kitchen.

If you need a two-bedroom there is the Worldmark Anaheim right across the street from the new JW Marriott. You could rent from an owner and stay there. Not sure what it would rent for but the maintenance fees would be about $200 a night. Even though I am a Worldmark owner I have never stayed there, but I hear good things. No free breakfast but you get a full kitchen.
Thank you! I have some free Marriott nights that I want to use up, but if we love DL, maybe we can try here in the future 😀

Do you recall how long the walks were? I’ve seen reviews that have said anywhere from 7 to 40 minutes. LOL
It takes 10 minutes if you don’t have to wait at all the signals. 15 minutes max. There is a different Springhill Suites on the other side of the parks, that one takes a long time to walk from.

It takes 10 minutes if you don’t have to wait at all the signals. 15 minutes max. There is a different Springhill Suites on the other side of the parks, that one takes a long time to walk from.
The “north” side of the park isn’t that great of an area either.

I've never been to California but if I was going to Disneyland California I'd choose something like
Budget Inn - Anaheim
Rainbow Inn
Travel Inn Motel
Calico Motel

Last edited:
Do you recall how long the walks were? I’ve seen reviews that have said anywhere from 7 to 40 minutes. LOL
For the Springhill Suites, probably 10-15 minutes to security depending on your walking pace and the traffic light situation. For the Element, about 15 to just under 20. But the Springhill Suites is on Harbor which means that there's a lot more people walking along that route and more shops along the road making the walk more interesting.

But “Cheapest” in Anaheim is not a great place to be. Outside of Disneyland, Anaheim isn't a great part of town. So i wouldn’t recommend staying at the cheapest.

But “Cheapest” in Anaheim is not a great place to be. Outside of Disneyland, Anaheim isn't a great part of town. So i wouldn’t recommend staying at the cheapest.
I’ve heard this so I wanted to make sure the walk from the Element was through a “good” part. I believe someone said you walk primarily through a shopping promenade- is this correct?

With the cheapest hotels you got to remember how much time will be using the hotel for me now I'd only be using the hotel room just for sleeping and having breakfast in hotel and most of the day be in the Disney park.

With the cheapest hotels you got to remember how much time will be using the hotel for me now I'd only be using the hotel room just for sleeping and having breakfast in hotel and most of the day be in the Disney park.
But, will you be sleeping if you have drug dealers and hookers knocking on your motel room door all night? I had a friend who didn't take my advice about where to stay in Anaheim, and that's exactly what happened to her! She had to pack up her 3 kids at 2am and move to a better hotel. If you ever decide to come to Disneyland, please come to this forum for advice on closer and safer budget lodging options.

I’ve heard this so I wanted to make sure the walk from the Element was through a “good” part. I believe someone said you walk primarily through a shopping promenade- is this correct?
Yep, pretty much anywhere across Harbor is fine, its all tourists, but when you go outside that in other directions or across the freeway it can get dicey.

For what it's worth I travel solo as a female adult 99% of the time to Anaheim and walk alone often. There are TWO ways to get to Element Anaheim. The one I recommend to feel safer if concerned is crossing the street where Pizza Press/Anaheim Hotel is and walking down THAT sidewalk. Basically it will keep Pizza Press and Anaheim Hotel , then Garden walk on your right hand side , Clementine hotel and suites at Clementine Ave you then cross the street towards Suncoast Hotel, just past Suncoast Hotel is Element.
There will be many people walking back this way due to the Motel 6 Maingate , a popular budget spot I also recommend for solo/couple travelers as well, so you won't be alone.

This path is much more traveled vs walking down the path past Grand Legacy even though I walk that one more often.

Here is a visual of the way most guests go ,hope it helps !

1679192132918.png1679192132918.png

For what it's worth I travel solo as a female adult 99% of the time to Anaheim and walk alone often. There are TWO ways to get to Element Anaheim. The one I recommend to feel safer if concerned is crossing the street where Pizza Press/Anaheim Hotel is and walking down THAT sidewalk. Basically it will keep Pizza Press and Anaheim Hotel , then Garden walk on your right hand side , Clementine hotel and suites at Clementine Ave you then cross the street towards Suncoast Hotel, just past Suncoast Hotel is Element.
There will be many people walking back this way due to the Motel 6 Maingate , a popular budget spot I also recommend for solo/couple travelers as well, so you won't be alone.

This path is much more traveled vs walking down the path past Grand Legacy even though I walk that one more often.

Here is a visual of the way most guests go ,hope it helps !

View attachment 747414View attachment 747414
Thank you so much! This was incredibly detailed and helpful!

Thank you so much! This was incredibly detailed and helpful!
Of course happy to help !
I live 6 hours away but have been going to DLR as a passholder since 2012 and usually down monthly as well so feel free to direct message me here if you need anything as I typically respond within 48 hours :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter