Help me choose. a third day in MK or a day at Wizarding World ?

OP95

Mouseketeer
Hi all
i am planning my trip which is in 30 days ! And currently struggling to choose the above. On my previous trip I rushed both of these parks and spent a day at MK and only a quick glance at Wizarding World. I currently have one full day at MK and a day for MVMCP and so far. The extra day would be a day before I have a wild Africa trek at park open so would like to think what would be the least tiring. As a big fan of both this is difficult to choose but would like to hear your thoughts on what I should do.

Any help would be appreciated!

Last edited:

I agree with sticking with Disney.

It’s simpler and maybe on a future trip you can commit a couple of days to UO and HP.

There is so much to see and do in the WW, stores to explore, food and beverages to try, spells to cast, shows to watch and rides to ride… you’ll enjoy having a couple of days there to enjoy it all.

And MK has the most rides and places/things to see and do so more time there will help you not feel rushed.

Have so much fun!!!

I agree with sticking with Disney.

It’s simpler and maybe on a future trip you can commit a couple of days to UO and HP.

There is so much to see and do in the WW, stores to explore, food and beverages to try, spells to cast, shows to watch and rides to ride… you’ll enjoy having a couple of days there to enjoy it all.

And MK has the most rides and places/things to see and do so more time there will help you not feel rushed.

Have so much fun!!!
I totally agree.

I will be the one dissenting voice. We love doing a day or two at Universal once we feel saturated with DW. It is a breath of fresh air. Especially if you have pretty much knocked out the big stuff at DW. But, that's just a preference thing. We really don't need to do Pirates or Thunder Mountain more than once in a trip.

It's much easier to just stay put in your hotel, even if it's on DW property. You don't need to move to a closer hotel. Yes, the ride share/taxi will be an added expense, but I think it's worth it.

Good luck!

Another vote for Universal. After a couple of days in the same theme park, things may get a little stale. :-)

Ideally, I'd recommend staying at Disney and make another 3-day trip just to see Universal. However, if you're not returning to Orlando for another year or so, then by all means go see the Wizarding World, no matter how short a time you have.

I can take Universal or leave it, as I’m not into those screen rides, but my grandsons love it. They (and my daughter) are huge Harry Potter fans and insist on the 2 day park-to-park ticket so they can ride the Hogwarts Express. If the cost of a 1 day park-to-park ticket isn’t a factor, I’d do that. (I happen to be a passholder at Universal too, although I only got it for the great room discounts as you get free express passes at the premium hotels, which are much cheaper than deluxe Disney resorts).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter