• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help me convince my kids to fly into SNA instead of LAX

If my flight arrives at LAX 7:20am is it reasonable to make it to my my reserved ground transportation for Disneyland Resort Express by 7:50am?

Nope. Not a chance. You will wait at least 30 minutes for your luggage. The walk to the bus can be long as well. You will have to do the next pickup time.

So I've been reading this thread and its getting me worried about my trip in May. I'm flying with my family (3 little ones) and we chose LAX over SNA because it saved us $1000 because of the dates we choose in order to not have to pay weekend rates at GCH. Our flight is super early though, and we will arrive at LAX 7:20am. We plan on using the Disneyland Resort Express for our ground transportation. Will this be a high stress situation with 3 kids? Is it worth it to switch to SNA?

Don't switch! $1000 is A LOT of money. We typically use SNA but flew in and out of LAX for the first time a few weeks ago and it was fine. I was quite worried considering all the "avoid LAX" sentiment on the board, but we booked it because it was cheaper and from a better departure airport for us. After using LAX, I really don't understand all the complaints. Other than the distance to DLR (which was a bummer, but we knew that going in), it was fine! Security was quick, airport was clean and easy to navigate, etc. We rented a car so can't speak to using the Resort Express, but made it in and out of the airport with 2 kids, 2 carseats, a stroller, and luggage with no issues.

Don't switch! $1000 is A LOT of money. We typically use SNA but flew in and out of LAX for the first time a few weeks ago and it was fine. I was quite worried considering all the "avoid LAX" sentiment on the board, but we booked it because it was cheaper and from a better departure airport for us. After using LAX, I really don't understand all the complaints. Other than the distance to DLR (which was a bummer, but we knew that going in), it was fine! Security was quick, airport was clean and easy to navigate, etc. We rented a car so can't speak to using the Resort Express, but made it in and out of the airport with 2 kids, 2 carseats, a stroller, and luggage with no issues.
Glad to hear that. We are the same, I really wanted to fly out of the newly commercial little airport that is ten minutes away from us, rather than fight traffic to get to SeaTac, an hour south through rush hour. Hoping LAX isn’t too bad for us.

Thank you so much for starting this thread and I hope you are eventually successful but if it means anything at all everyone helped convince me to switch from LAX to LGB (Long Beach) for my flight on May 19th. Thank you everyone for your great input.

Thank you so much for starting this thread and I hope you are eventually successful but if it means anything at all everyone helped convince me to switch from LAX to LGB (Long Beach) for my flight on May 19th. Thank you everyone for your great input.

I did the same thing:). As I read through this thread, I realized that my flight into LAX on a Friday evening at 5:00 would be a potential nightmare. I hadn’t given it a thought before. I was able to change our flights to SNA without any fees and I’m very grateful for the input I gleaned from all of the posters.

Thanks to all!
:flower1::flower::flower1:

I’m the OP. I do take a bit of offense at your tone, to be honest. If you read the thread, and the update I posted, you’ll notice that, when given the options and reasoning, DD and DSIL happily said, “Oh, hey, I see what you mean! Cool, SNA it is.”
No need to make derogatory remarks. They’re not stupid.
Honestly, I didn’t make it through the whole thread. I am happy for you.

Glad to hear that. We are the same, I really wanted to fly out of the newly commercial little airport that is ten minutes away from us, rather than fight traffic to get to SeaTac, an hour south through rush hour. Hoping LAX isn’t too bad for us.

I am doing the same thing in August. $187 RT out of Paine Field to LAX. I had to do it. I always fly into SNA or LGB but I figure I'll be less stressed on this end without having to go to SeaTac and I'll just have to deal with LAX. I'm not going to lie, I'm a bit nervous about LAX but the money talks!

Yay, I'm glad it helped others as well! It did work out well for us; I posted an update on the original post: the kids were happy to have additional info and happy to switch to SNA. Problem solved.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter