help me get to Dis on $1200 or less - please!!

Ok.. I got 4 nights at the Wyndham for $33/night - total $160. I got 4 days car rental with Priceline for $13/day compact - $75. I purchased a 5 day hopper plus ticket on ebay for $197.50 and used a work incentive to pay for 2 -4 day hopper plus passes(1 adult/1 child)and airfare for the three of us(no cost). We lucked out - total out of pocket cost is $433 (=/-)... we are saving $$ in a jar for spending money. DD is doing an EXCEPTIONAL job keeping her room clean, folding towels, dusting and being a good kid... we give her change and maybe a dollar or three every day and she gets really excited to put it into the jar - fun stuff! AND SHE DOESN'T EVEN KNOW THAT WE ARE GOING YET!!!

I had carefully weighed the Marriott points/Hilton points exchange for park passes... it really is a good idea.. Marriott offers the 7 day hopper pass which is a good investment to use over 2 vacations or 1 long one.. here is the link for Hilton:
http://www.hilton.com/hhonors/rewards/entertainment.html#disney
you can also get universal studios rewards and disneyland rewards here... clik on 'entertainment rewards' at the top of the screen

Marriott has a bigger selection to offer... link is
http://www.marriottrewards.com/awards/Theme.asp

good luck!!! :D

I would just warn anyone that the value of the Park Hopper passes compared to the value of a similar hotel stay from Marriott or Hilton is not very good ...

Beckles is right - partially (IMHO)
A 7 day child parkhopper plus pass is 55000 Marriott points OR can be purchased for $250+/-
For the same 55000 Marriott points, you can stay at
Category 2 hotels for 7 nights -SELECT Courtyards or Fairfield inns across the country - near Disney, there is the Courtyard/Lake Mary

Category 3 Hotels for 4 nights (such as Fairfield Inns in marriott village or Int'l drive)

Category 4 hotels for 3 nights (Courtyard Lake Bryan - Springhill Marriott Village)

Category 5 & 6 hotels for 2 nights (CY at Downtown Disney - Renaissance Orlando)

So, yes.. you can stay for 2-7 nights for free ---and pay for your park passes... OR you can use priceline and take your chances on a 3* hotel for a good bid and get a pass for free!!

FYI - 4 nights at Wyndham Palace ON DIS PROPERTY at $33/night = $160.99.... I will gladly pay for hotel and get a $250 pass for free with those points!! AND a 7 day hopper can be used over 2 vacations since it comes with 4 plus options.. 11 days of fun!!

HiltonHonors program only offers 4 day hopper plus passes and is a better bargain for hotel.. Again.. IMHO

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter