Help me out guys?!?

FEEBEE

Mouseketeer
I am starting to think more seriously about my PS (Feb) I have always stayed offsite and have never done any of the resort restaurants. I am taking family (parents) for their first ever trip to WDW in fact the US, it will be our 5th.

My dilema.........I want somewhere really special for our first Dinner, I really want to impress as it has taken lots of convincing on my part to get them over there! I know they will love it but I want to make a good impression on our first night, and give thema big dose of Disney Magic!!

There will be Me 28 DH 33 DD's 8 n 6. My Dad 48 his wife 36 and my sister 10.

Choices so far....

O hana
Boma
Chef Mickeys

My thoughts re that these are all moderarely priced (cant stretch to V & A!!) and suit families.

hope you can help.

Dinner and a show Hoop De Do Review great show good food and a whole bunch of fun.:earsboy: :wave: :earsgirl: :sunny:

I think Boma's and Chef Mickey's are good choices. Boma is my absolute favorite restaurant and the AKL is a beautiful resort to look around. Also consider 1900 Park Fare at the GF. It's similar to CM and it would give you an opportunity to check out that resort. Let us know what you decide and have fun planning!

I just posted about our first meal at Ohana and that was great!! We were seated shortly before the fireworks at MK started, and they dim the lights and put on the MK music for the display. We thought it was a great way to experience the restaurant. The food was delicious, and although it's an all you care to eat and the menu is set, there was enough varitey to please everyone. There is also entertainment while you eat; games for the kids, and there was a girl playing a small guitar- it was great overall, and we really enjoyed it, and we could definitely see that it could be enjoyed for children of all ages to adults of all ages!

If you want a loud fun experience with lots of noice, singing and Characters then I would vote for Chef Mickey's. I don't know about Boma's or Ohana's but I have heard they were nice!

I think Boma's is a good choice (seem to be leaning towards buffet style) - the architecture is nice and the food is very good as well

Another good choice is Artist's Point at the Wilderness Lodge - very good food and a stunning lobby and atmosphere

Enjoy your choice!

Thanks
jaysue

Unless you want characters, my advice is to go with Boma. Lots of food choices (quite a few for the adventurous) and as already posted, the AKL is worth a trip all by itself!

After dinner, you can wander out back and sit in rocking chairs around a campfire or walk through the animal viewing area. The details and decorations in the lobby are just awesome and defy description. Even the gift shop is fun to see.

Enjoy yourselves - whereever you go!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter