Help me pick a plant....

ScrapHappyMama

Mouseketeer
Hi all…. Just looking for some advise for what would work well in the back of one of my flower beds. I am in SW Iowa, Zone 4/5. This particular bed is in the front of my house, facing west with full afternoon/evening sun. I want something pretty, and about four feet tall, because there are windows there that I don’t want to block, but need some vertical interest in the back of the bed. This bed has phlox (lavender color) and Stella D’Oro daylilies in the front, and there is a struggling potentilla that I hope comes back. (I planted two last year, the other one didn’t make it) Then I fill in with annuals, usually geraniums and vinca. Any input would be appreciated!!

How about Shasta daisy 'Becky'? Grows to about 4 feet tall. Pretty white daisy, I think hardy to zone 4a.

have you thought about coneflowers? I have some that grow small. I just bought some centranthus, which I like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter