Help me pick please - going in 8 days for a week (no time to plan)

Thanks @crazylady so much! The studio does look really small, especially since the DH will be working (2) days out of the week. I want him to be comfortable and happy.

The DVC rental situation is really confusing to me. I would love to take advantage of a great deal, but I don't think I have the time to figure it all out. Maybe next year... lol.

CBR might be a good choice. It's a bigger room, and it's within walking distance to the Rivera - so I could walk around there on the days that he's working (espresso time, anyone?)

Thanks for your reply, I truly appreciate it :love1:

The Deluxe Studio is a bit bigger. You might have been looking at the Tower Studio which is small.

If you are comparing SSR, BRV and BCV studios, they are all nearly identical. Just the furnishings and colors are a bit different. All of these studios have tubs, but it is a standard bathtub with the shower in the tub. CCV studios are smaller than BRV studios.

If you decide to check out the confirmed reservations on the DVC rental sites, be aware that you will not be able to modify the reservation. Resort, price, size are pretty much fixed.

Hands down Swan/Dolphin. I'm a huge fan of YC, it's my favorite resort on site and I've stayed at just about all of them except WL, AoA, POFQ, Riv., and SS. We have even caped at Fort Wilderness in our RV. While I love YC, I don't love the prices so the last 5 years or so, we have been staying at Swan/Dolphin. I just stay at whichever one has the best prices. I love being able to walk to both HS and Epcot. I love being close to the other Epcot resorts. I love the pool, can't beat having someone bring you a refreshing adult beverage or food or a soft drink. The new bar area in the Dolphin is great. I love all the little courtyards for early morning coffee.

I vote for the Swan since you can walk to Epcot and HS. The Epcot resort area is my favorite. On days that DH is working, you can easily go to Epcot and shop around world showcase or take the skyliner to the Riviera resort to check it out. :thumbsup2

I just went to the Marriott website and checked the rates. There’s a place to enter a corporate or promo code. Just enter QWH and the Disney Passholder rates show up. I was looking at the last week of September and the rooms ranged from $145 ton$185 per night. You can’t beat that!

@UA DVC Member - I did what you said (thank you, btw), and boom - the same price as the Pop - are you serious ?!? Amazing find, thank you! 💜 :thanks: 💜

As PPs have said, the DVC rental agencies have confirmed reservations, meaning people made reservations and can't go, so the price may be marked down. But these are non-refundable, so proceed with caution.

@Best Aunt - that's the pitfall I was worried about, but that's golden information... thank you so much!

Staying at the Swan, YC or BCV would mean you could walk to Epcot and DHS. Staying at the Contemporary would mean you could walk to MK. If you're at Riviera or Caribbean Beach, you're not walking to a theme park.

I don't know if you're the person to ask, but do you happen to know if I stay at the Swan (and have my AP), and book through the Marriott site, do you think I will have a problem getting park reservations (aka - do they consider that a resort stay even if it's booked via the Marriott site?)

I only ask because when I went to try to price it with the code on the MDE site, the SWAN and the DOLPHIN say I have to buy a package.

Sorry if I'm overasking, you might not even know. Thanks for your time and info, by the way, I am very grateful
🤗:grouphug:

@Best Aunt - that's the pitfall I was worried about, but that's golden information... thank you so much!

I don't know if you're the person to ask, but do you happen to know if I stay at the Swan (and have my AP), and book through the Marriott site, do you think I will have a problem getting park reservations (aka - do they consider that a resort stay even if it's booked via the Marriott site?)

I only ask because when I went to try to price it with the code on the MDE site, the SWAN and the DOLPHIN say I have to buy a package.

Sorry if I'm overasking, you might not even know. Thanks for your time and info, by the way, I am very grateful

Try asking the Swan experts here:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...olphin-resorts-information-questions.3264274/

do you happen to know if I stay at the Swan (and have my AP), and book through the Marriott site, do you think I will have a problem getting park reservations (aka - do they consider that a resort stay even if it's booked via the Marriott site?)

I don't think it matters how you book your hotel, only where you book.

The Disneyworld website says:
  • Annual Passholders can make theme park reservations for up to 3 days at a time, and for their length of stay if staying at a Disney Resort or other select hotel.
The Swan fits in the "other select hotel" category.

https://allears.net/2020/06/19/news...l-have-access-to-new-park-reservation-system/
As Best Aunt suggests, you can ask on the Swan and Dolphin thread . . . or you can look to see if others have already asked on that thread and been answered. Post 10,994 on page 550 may be relevant, although it doesn't refer to an annual passholder per se.

While there might not usually be wiggle room, there might be some with the rentals happening within the next week. So many are still asking for full price ($18-19/point) but I bet you can negotiate and pay $11-14/point.

I checked David's - no confirmed rentals for your exact dates. There is a $10/point for a 2 bedroom Beach Club Villas for 9/19-9/27, darn it, just one day difference on both ends! But dang, $10/point but there are 314 points...maybe, just maybe, there is availability to modify on both ends...that is, of course, if you want a 2 bd.

For another broker, there is an AKV Savanna Studio for 9/18-26 for $16/point, smaller room, more price, exact dates.

I feel like there's a third broker? Paul's? Ugh, I wish I could remember the name...

But good luck with whatever you decide!

We stayed at the swan a couple of years ago and loved it. The rooms are spacious and clean, not really themed much but still so nice. Location was fantastic too! Also, you just can't beat the value of staying there for that price! Have a great trip!

You might have to do wait list for entire 7 nights 9/19-9/26. Not sure if you will get 7 nights together it as don't have much time.
SSR have 6 nights
BLT,CCV DAK-Jambo has 5 night
You should not wait. You could always move between if things open up.

Thank you to everyone - you've made this experience so much less scary (not a lot of time to plan). I'm so excited!

DH saw the prices, and he wanted CBR... so he wins, of course. But it's close to the Riviera, so we'll have plenty of opportunity to explore it. Just need to figure out which neighborhood to request that's the closest to the Riviera for the walk (and that skyliner station, if that is possible).

Thanks everyone, I will put a trip report up for sure somewhere on the forums. Yay, only six more days!

(PS - I'm going to have to start watching the DIS Unplugged DVC show to get my footing. You've all made it both interesting and much less scary. Thank you!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter