• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help me plan which parks for Marathon weekend

alon86

PHM - Feb 2022! First runDisney!
Hi - I am staying at Poly this weekend (1/7-10) with my 2 DDs (8 and 12). Last minute girls getaway!

I know it's marathon weekend (I'm not running). We were originally staying at BW but I just moved us to Poly because a room just opened up and we've never stayed there (we love MK/monorail resorts).

We fly in late on Thurs 1/6 and will stay at an airport hotel, then drop bags off at Poly early on 1/7 and head to parks
My plan was to do AK when we arrive on Fri 1/7, then check in at Poly and then hop to Epcot or MK
MK rope drop on Sat 1/8 (then pool time and back to MK because its open until 10pm)
HS rope drop on Sun 1/9, then hop to Epcot (skyliner)

Now trying to plan this from Poly given the races on 1/8-9.
I'm not worried about getting to MK on 1/8 because we will have the monorail or boats.
On 1/9 I was planning to walk to HS from BW, but now I wonder if I can take the bus from Poly that early with the road closures for the marathon?

Should I rework my strategy and do HS on 1/7 maybe? But with the hotel switch that morning, I'm not sure we will be early enough for a true rope drop.

We do have genie+ but I was hoping to do at least one of the big ILL rides at rope drop for MK and HS.

Thoughts/tips/recommendations? Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter