Help me trip plan! (3 day US/Dis trip with autistic kiddo)

MayDay06

Earning My Ears
Hi all! For background we are a family of 4, 2 kiddos 9 and 11, the 11 year old is autistic. We went to Disney/Universal 3 years ago so we are semi-familiar with the parks.

We have flights booked for Jan 24-27. We are considering the following:

24: Arrive late at night. Rent car, stay at Disney Pop Century (~115$)
25: 1 day at Disney (kids will pick one park, probably MK), stay at Pop (~115$)
26: Check out of Pop early. 11 YO and DH go to Cape Canaveral. 9 YO and I Lyft to Loews Royal Pacific (299 for regular, 404 for Club). Drop off bags, 2 of us go to US. (We can use UEU this day, right?) Stay at RP that night.
27: Check out of RP, leave bags. All 4 of us go to US until ~3 pm, get bags from hotel, go to airport.

What would you change or do differently? I want the Unlimited Express to allow 11 YO to enjoy the park (he will have Dis disability pass as well). I am thinking it is worth the Royal Pacific for the UEU passes- the other option is staying at the Hilton that is in walking distance with points, and buying UEU. I'm not sure if 100$ extra is worth it for the club level for 1 dinner, 1 breakfast.

The other ting is that we rode the train last time when we went, so I am considering not getting park hoppers. I'm not sure it is worth riding the train again (for me). But of course the kids will think it is worth it!

Do you get a ticket discount when buying Hotel + tickets, or am I better off getting tickets from Undercover Tourist?

Buy your tickets and hotel separately.

So you are going to buy 2 2 day base tickets and 2 1 day one park ticket?

Staying at RP you can use express pass checkin and check out day.

I would definitely go with the onsite hotel. Just the boat ride back and forth is nice.

I don't think you would get much benefit from club level for the short time you will be there.

I would make sure to leave plenty of time to get to the airport and for any problems that might happen.

You must have park to park tickets to ride the train.

I wouldn’t do club for a park-centric trip like yours.

Yes you can do the check in process at a deluxe hotel to get your express pass keycards as early as 6am on checkin day.

The train and ability to hop is going to be up to you guys. Remember that if you don’t get hoppers then husband and 11 year old will only be able to go to one park.

I’d look at undercover for tickets. There’s is no discount because of booking the hotel.

And for Disney you’re not going to find any discount for one day tickets.

if you can afford the onsite hotels that’s the best way, if not there are passes they give you, they write the time and you go back after to get on. however if you kid is not able to cope there are GAP passes you can get, you have to see a supivisor and explain why the other pass does not work.if you ever get them then get a reference number each time you enter the park the customer serveses person will look up the case and reissue them fr that day (upto 6 i think) they are fast passes that can be used for other things as well, they work on hagrids, you can also use lifts if needed (my son walks on tiptoes, hopefully not for much longer as we are 6 weeks post surgery, fingers crossed he e]will be able to walk properly soon, 6-8 months) this means you are loaded directly into rides if you need to and can also avoid all the queues for the train.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter