Help me with my ADRs PLEASE!

cinderanna

Mom to 1 princess
I am going in September on the free dining plan, but I have a few questions. We have never really done any character meals or TS meals before, so I am new to this part of it. So far, I have ADRs for:

Day 1: Crystal Palace @ 3:50
Day 2: CS only
Day 3: 1900 Park Fare for Cinderella dinner, have it at 4:50 but am going to try to change it to 7 or 7:30 so we can see EWP afterwards
Day 4: Donald's Breakfastosaurus @ 8:00
Day 5: CS only
Day 6: Princess Storybook Breakfast @ 8:30
Garden Grill @ 4:30
Day 7: 1900 Park Fare for Mary Poppins Breakfast @ 9:00 (we will be leaving right after this)

Obviously, we are doing all character meals, I think my DD5 will really enjoy these. And since both her and I are such picky eaters, eating at some of the other TS restaturants just doesn't make sense for us.

Does anyone have any thought on the timing of these meals? I know we will probably come back in the afternoon for a nap, but I am not sure what time. Also, do you think the 8/8:30 breakfast is too early? I want to make sure my DD has enough time with the characters as well. Thanks!!!!!

My kids were 6 and 8 when we went. They both loved Chef Mickeys! I know it gets mixed reviews, like everything else, but it was a lot of fun. We went for breakfast and I thought it was great. We had plenty to eat, and enjoyed everything. The characters were so much fun and they had all the main characters like Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Chip n Dale, Goofy and maybe others, I can't remember. It was great!

I think your times look great and you picked some of my favorite meals. 8 or 8:30 is fine in the morning, most kids are on the Disney clock at WDW, which is awake and jumping on the bed at the crack of dawn.

3:30 at the Crystal Palace is perfect as long as missing the (not all that great) 4pm parade is ok. I like to linger over a late lunch on days we don't want to spend the time on a real break.

Plan on 1.5 hours a meal just to be safe. Last year during free dining it took a little extra time to be seated and to complete the meals. Some TS took us 2+ hours, but never a character meal. Those are about an hour from the time you sit down, that is how they rotate the characters. Still give yourself time in case of a wait to be seated.

Always speak up if you miss a character, they will come back to you. This is easier for them than trying to wait for people, so the do not mind.

I would not push Park Fare past 5:45 anything later increases the chances of waiting to be seated. I would rather linger over the meal...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter