Help me with Tangerine Cafe and child on meal plan...

amsafko

DIS Veteran
We, my dh, myself, dd4 and dd2, all love trying new foods. My 4 y.o. is a very adventurous eater. We were going to go to Tangerine Cafe for a CS meal but when I look at the kids offering there is nothing there except typical kid's menu food, not Morroccan. Can I get her anything authentic from there and not be charged one of our adult credits? I know there's a lot of debate about getting children adult meals on the meal plan, I'm not trying to get one over on them, I'm just trying to pick something that will be different from the typical kids menu and let her "feed her curiousity". Thanks.

Your instinct was correct. The official policy is that children must order from the children's menu.

amsafko said:
We, my dh, myself, dd4 and dd2, all love trying new foods. My 4 y.o. is a very adventurous eater. We were going to go to Tangerine Cafe for a CS meal but when I look at the kids offering there is nothing there except typical kid's menu food, not Morroccan. Can I get her anything authentic from there and not be charged one of our adult credits? I know there's a lot of debate about getting children adult meals on the meal plan, I'm not trying to get one over on them, I'm just trying to pick something that will be different from the typical kids menu and let her "feed her curiousity". Thanks.

I assume the adults are eating something.
You should go ahead and get the Chicken and Lamb Shawarma platter for yourself. It is well enough for you to share with your 4 year old. It has both chicken and lamb shawarma, plus cous cous, tabouleh, and Hummus and a piece of Moroccan bread. It's pretty much a good sampler platter. Then you won't be charged anything for her because you didn't order anything. If after trying it, she then wants a kids meal instead of sharing, you can go back and order her one at that time using the credit to do so. This isn't putting one over on anyone. Note that on the meal plan, our desert was Baklava. The other bakery choices were not allowed. But it's still a great place. Enjoy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter