Help me with the math...will free dining work for me?

wildernesslodgelover

<font color=darkorchid>LOTW charter member!<br><fo
I posted this on the Codes and Rates boards, because I am interested in room deals, but also, I need to know more about this free dining!

Ok, we usually do the FL Resident Seasonal Passes. Ours are expired right now, and we are planning on renewing them on Oct 29th...we are renting points at BWV from Sun-Thurs, Oct 29- Nov 3 (checking out on Friday.) Then, we want to stay the weekend at WL (Fri-Sun, Nov 3-5.) We may also START our trip with a stay at a resort the weekend prior to our renting points.

Ok...we do have the Disney Visa card. What kind of deals can we get...free dining? Do we have to book a room for that? Buy park passes? If we are not going to go to WDW often after our Oct trip, would it be better to buy the passes and NOT get the FL Res Seasonal pass? I am just trying to figure out what we should do. I appreciate any help offered! thanks!

ETA:If free dining is expired by the time of my trip...then what about paying for the meal plan? Can I do that even when renting DVC points? Thanks!

The free dining plan is part of a complete package--room, park tickets, dining. No discounts are available. You pay rack rate for the room.

DVC recently added the dining plan to their reservation process. You can get the dining plan even if you're renting points. Just have the DVC member ask for it when they make the reservation for you. You pay for it when you check in.

The free dining plan expires on Sept. 30, so it cannot be applied to your stay. Sorry, but it does make some of the decision-making easier.

If you're renting DVC points, you can add the dining package on to your DVC stay. The cost is $37.99/night (A) and $10.99/night (C). You can do this at any time after you have your confirmation number including at the time of check in.

The only deals for Disney VISA cardmembers right now are the free dining deal and the 0% for 6 months on packages. Note that for either one, you need to book a package, complete with room + tickets.

In all honesty, I think that you might do better with the Florida season pass/Florida resident's rates than you would to book a package with dining included.

Thanks for the responses!

1000-Interesting that I can add the dining when checking in for my rented DVC points. I did not know that!

Lisa-Thanks, I think you may be right. We do have the DDE card, also, which saves 20%.

I appreciate both your input. :thumbsup2

If you were to book a package you can buy one day base tickets and apply the price to a seasonal pass when you get there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter