Help! Need advice about HRH Club & More!

KimT

Earning My Ears
I am a WDW vetern who has just made reservations for the Hard Rock Hotel! I am excited, but also scared. We have never been there & feel quilty about not going to Disney, but wanted to try something new. Besides, Disney is becoming alittle too pricey. Anyway, we are going the week of Oct. 12. Staying in the club room. Please let me know if this was a good choice. Also let me know what I should expect at the hotel. I have read some poor reports about the quality to food that is offered for the club level. Is this true? I expect for the extra money that we are paying to have beverages available at all times - not just occassionally. I hope I will not be disappointed. Thanks for any and all advice and shared experiences!

I can't speak for the club level (never done that:( ), but I can certainly tell you that for us, HRH is an excellent choice. In fact, we discovered it AFTER we bought at VWL, and I must say, if I had gone to HRH 2 years ago, there is a chance we would not have bought our DVC. Now we just extend our FL trip to include at least 3 days at HRH (or the other properties, but HRH is our favorite so far).

I so agree with you about WDW becoming pricey. It seems like USF appreciates our business, and I just want to give it to them!

As far as expectations of the hotel, well, we were pleasntly surprised at how nice it was, but then I like that 'style'. To me, it was nicer than any deluxe at WDW (I have stayed at all but GF), but not quite as nice as a 1 BR at VWL! I won't give you the favorite answer "You are going to LOVE HRH", but it is great that you are willing to give it a try! Hope you enjoy it.

What you will REALLY love about staying at the HRH is showing your room key at the parks and going right into the express line. This perk is priceless!!

Hi!

I love Disney! We have been going to WDW once or twice a year for over 12 years now. We always stay at a a deluxe - Poly and BC are our favorites. We split our stays, always choosing Poly Concierge and if we want to try another besides BC we do. Then we do 3 nites at Portofino or HRH. We buy AP's for Disney and Universal. That being said, this is the first year we will not be doing Disney and spending 10 nites at HRH (we may split our stay and do 5 HRH and 5 Portofino). The reason is that Disney lost my reservation when they removed EE or 'surprise mornings'. Disney has certainly lost site of the "little things" and relying on repeat loyal guests, like myself, to just return time and time again - and continuing to just take away, take away, take away, all the while raising their prices.

I have stayed on the Club level at BC/YC and as mentioned, always Concierge Bldg. at Poly. Nothing compares to Chef Dick and Chef Leonard and how they spread their magic - they have a great "knack" of remembering repeat guests and the food they prepare - tons of great food with a theme every night. The food is substantial enough so you don't have to eat dinner if you choose not to. I have never been impressed with the Club floor at BC/YC. As a matter of fact, we almost purchased a DVC for the BC - but on our last 2 visits, I was disappointed to see how 'run down' the place has become - especially the pool area. I will not spend the extra $$ for the club floor there anymore. The HRH club floor is comfy, but they just have soft drinks, beer, and more crudites than 'food'. They always have cheese and crackers and some type of dip. We like the club floor (when we can get it - the kids suite books up their fast) because you can always get a supply of beverages and bring them back to your room and put them in a cooler if you have one. I think the morning offerings are the most substantial and my boys just bring back food from there to munch on when we get back from the parks. In mvho, you can save alot of $$ just on the beverages, breakfast and drinks at night alone, if you don't mind the small selection. That is why we book that floor. I don't think you will be disappointed at all - just don't expect a 'meal'. Also, I have even found a "roadie" as they call their employees, on our floor to ask for more water if I needed it.

I guess it just depends on what you have in mind. As I said, this is the first year we are not 'doing' Disney. Universal and Loew's will get our $$$ because they are going the extra mile - FOL, AP passes $99 NOT $375 and great deals on room rates.

I don't think you will be disappointed.

PDG:D

(Gosh, can I talk, huh????????????)

We just got back a week ago and stay at the club level too. I was like you, not sure if it was worth the extra money. We loved the hotel, the express with keys worked perfect, really better than I would think possible. The motel is so beautiful, clean, and pool and walk to parks are beautiful. As far as club level, I felt breakfast was the best part. It is handy, ready and waiting, and you get to the parks early. We have 5 people in my family, so I felt getting the breakfast included made up for the difference itself, as far as money is concerned. We did drink quite a bit of the water bottles, and pop too. That adds us fast. It was too busy at wine, cocktail time. Always too busy and not that great of choice, so we did not do that anymore. So I guess, you just have to weigh it out.. We really love the motel!!! You really need to go to the bathroom in the lobby area too. We did that as we checked out, my teenager was impressed!!

We stayed at the HRH club level this past weekend. Wish we could have gotten a delux room with a day bed but from what I understand there are no delux rooms on the club level. The room was pretty small for the five of us. (We've always stayed at the Poly concierge when all five of us go to WDW - day bed in room).

The lounge is fairly big. There are two rooms off the main lounge each with TV, VCR DVD, radio. It gets pretty crowded however. I am sure someone will correct me, but it seems that there are more rooms on the club level than any WDW resort concierge levels.

The one drawback at the lounge - no bathroom. Our room was a ways away especially when one of the kids had to go.

Breakfast (7:30 to 10:00) had the usual bagels, donuts, croisants(sp), cereal, toast, jellies, coffee (incl. decaf) tea, milk, orange juice and grapefruit juice.

10:00 to 5:00 - coke, diet coke, sprite, water, lemonade, iced tea, coffee.(no snacks)

5:00 to 7:00 - different each day. sometimes - one hot dish (e.g. wings, small meatballs, small hot dogs). always - vegetable tray, cheese tray, variety of dips, wine, beer, coke, diet coke, sprite, water, lemonade, iced tea, coffee.

7:00 to 7:30 - coke, diet coke, sprite, water, lemonade, iced tea, coffee.(no snacks)

7:30 to 9:30 - cookies (choc. chip, peanut butter, macadamea nut) coke, diet coke, sprite, water, lemonade, iced tea, coffee.

9:30 to 11:00 - coke, diet coke, sprite, water, lemonade, iced tea, coffee.(no snacks)

Overall, the resort is beautiful. Theming, pool, closeness to US and IOA, The cabanas at the pool (1/2 price for club level patrons) are great.

Our room had a view of the old Hard Rock Cafe and MIB.

Intersting that a paper was put at the door for some rooms only. Probably, Loew's club, AE white glove, etc. members.

Ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter