Help! Need to Cancel Ressie and Re-Book!

Ajax

Mouseketeer
How do I go about this? I made a 'Resort Magic' reservation online via the WD Travel Co for POFQ from 12/30/02 thru 1/3/03, complete with a $200 deposit. From reading posts on this site and doing the math, I've found that if I book a room only for those dates and buy 5 day park hopper passes, I'll save over $300.
We don't need the 'length of stay passes', because our flight leaves at 11am on 1/4/03. And the 'resort magic' perks don't interest us.
So how do I go about cancelling my first ressie, and re-booking for a room only without botching up the whole shebang?

Thanks for your help, folks.:)

i would think that if you just called them up, explained to them that you want to cank the package and purchase park hopper tickets instead, they would be very helpful. :) give it a try, and let us know what happens!

I always use CRO, WDTC has some sort of cancellation policy I think. May depend on your dates though. It still may be worth the penalty(if there is one) to cancel. Also remember you can drop the first or last day of your stay with a length of stay pass:D . It almost always is a MUCH better deal to book things seperately. Good luck.:)

Originally posted by BibbidiBobbidiBoo
...Also remember you can drop the first or last day of your stay with a length of stay pass:D ...
Not if you book your UPH's as part of a package from WDTC or CRO you can't. The only way you can get a day dropped from the UPH is to purchase them at check in at the resort.

First I would call CRO and get a room-only reservation for the dates you want; since you are traveling over the busy New Year's holiday you want to be sure there are still rooms available for your dates at your resort.

Then just call Travel Company and cancel, you are well outside the dates when any cancellation penalties would apply and you would have your $200 deposit refunded to you.

Wait until you arrive to purchase any park passes, no need to get them now.

Enjoy your trip! :D

Since your trip starts during holiday season, you may have been charged holiday season rates for the entire reservation. Usually when a stay spans 2 seasons, it goes by the date it started. Value season starts 1/1/03 with much lower rates. I would check into that. If they do want to charge you holiday season rates for the entire stay, you should be able to split the stay into 2 reservations and get the lower rates starting 1/1/03.

Thanks for the advice, everyone! Here's what I did-

I called WDW Travel Co, and asked to make the following changes to my ressie-

1) Delete the 'Resort Magic' option.
2) Delete the Mears Transport option.

The CM I spoke with was very accomodating, and did as I asked. She then gave me the revised rate for the room only, which was the same as a quote I received from CRO earlier in the day.

I kept the cancellation insurance, because although we're 99.9% sure we're going, something might crop up. $100 is a small price to pay.

I then ordered 5 Day Park Hopper passes online, and booked a Tiffany Town Car for our trip in & out.

All in all, making the changes saved us around $225. If I wasn't such an insurance freak, you could add another $100 to that figure.

I figure that $225 will just about cover lunch at Chefs of France, and dinner at Le Cellier on New Years Eve!

Thanks again!:jester:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter