*Help Needed* Special gift for terminally ill mother

DisneyFairytale

DIS Veteran
Hello everyone!
Been a while! I really need to keep back in check a lot more on here!

I would really appreciate some help with something I have started to get working on. I will try to make this as short as possible and try not to let my emotions take over despite me typing this with a lump in my throat.

So here it goes. My mom, who also happens to be my last parent, was recently diagnosed yet another serious health problem. Having said that she has been living very well, functions on her own and lives an outstanding life despite the bad luck she has had(not bad luck is the right word, I believe everything happens for a reason).I pray every day she will continue to do well and thank God everyday for every extra day I have with her. She is in all sense of the term my hero.

I would like to plan a trip for us to Disneyland. The only way I could afford it would be right after the new year but I would like to give her that "Gift" during the holiday season.

This trip is going to be a mother/daughter trip, and an incredibly special one(what Disney trip isn't tho really). I need your Disney Expert opinion as to what would be the best and most special way to give this to her? something really well planned out, thoughtful?

I have zero ideas on this. All suggestions and help VERY welcome.

Thanks again :flower3:

I am so sorry to hear about your mother. I hope you have a very magical trip.

I thought the author of this trip report did a spectacular job of unveiling her surprise to her mother: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2205375

As for my own ideas...I am a scrapbooker, so I would probably make up a scrap book of past trips and have it under the tree as her present. The last page could be a note from Mickey telling her to pack her bags that she is going to Disneyland.

Happy planning and have a wonderful trip. :goodvibes

OH waw, what a great idea! I just started scrapbooking as well! thank you soooo much for the link :love: I am absorbing everything on the other thread. What a great idea she had with all the planning, waw.

Thank you so much for the idea! I'll get working on this project :hug:

So it's official our girl's trip has been booked! and the best part? she knows nothing about it!

She works for herself and my 2 brothers work for her. Both of them know and will manage to book her work schedule so she has that 1 week off. I have our flights and hotel booked for a departure of January 6th to January 14th!

I took the idea that was sent and started to work on a scrapbook. Going to try to get it finished by mid december for her birthday (her birthday is Dec 21st). Going to plan it out so she gets that scrapbook of old Disney trips together on that day with the end pages telling her she is heading out there 2 weeks later.

I absolutely cannot wait. Going to be so exciting for us to share that. Tho I have zero scrapbooking skill whatsoever, this scrapbooking project is so exciting knowing what the end result will be. I can't wait. Just 7 weeks to go until she gets the news :yay:

Hugs to you - I lost my dad 6 months ago and it is still very hard. You are doing a wonderful thing and I know the 2 of you are going to have a blast! My mom and I go on lots of girl trips together - this weekend we took my dd10 to Denver to see the musical Wicked. Take lots of photos during your trip and be sure to make your mom an album when you get home - she will absolutely cherish it!

Thanks a million everyone. I worked on the scrapbook and put it together. I booked the flights and the hotel and off I went. Thank you soooo much for the advice everyone, I wouldnt have pulled it off on my own! :worship:

Thank you soooo much. I managed to get her a Disney cake and gave the book tonight with the last few pages decorated to tell her she was going on a Disney trip for her birthday :cheer2:

Here is the video. Excuse the clothes :laughing: we were at home between family. We are originally from France and French is our first language so I hope you can still watch the video. She didn't understand right away what was going on, but despite the language barrier, her face said it all :woohoo:

Thank you so much guys, thank you thank you thank you :hug:

The best part of the video starts around the 2 mins mark when she gets near the end of the book. Again my apology for the language barrier, what a great moment it was :goodvibes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SsPJ3izmeA

That's so sweet! It did take a while for your mom to get it but she looks so amazed when she realizes that she's going in January! What a great gift!

What a wonderful video. Thanks for sharing.
It looks like your surprise worked perfectly. Great job on the scrapbook.

Have a magical trip. :goodvibes

No thank you for checking out the video! and thank you for the kind comments on the scrapbook. It was my first time every making one(very new scrapbooker), so I really appreciate the kind comments :goodvibes

Every time I watch the video I get a little emotional myself. It's a well deserved gift for her.

That was a very sweet video. My mom has stage 4 breast cancer and is undergoing chemotherapy and I just teared up to see your sweet mom.

I hope you have a very magical trip and fill up some of the rest of the scrap book pages with pictures of you two together. What a beautiful memory you will create and the pictures will mean the world to you and your family.

I love the French and English mixed together. It's great that your family is so bilingual - and I could even understand a little. :thumbsup2 It made me smile and brought tears. Thanks for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter