*** HELP - Planning a trip to SeaWorld!

KS929

DCL Fanatic
Sorry, I have to repost here because I got no help from the "Souther California Theme Parks Section"… :\

---

Hello Everyone!… I haven't really spent much time on this side of the DISboards (I usually hang out in the DCL section :3)…

I have always been a fan of Disney trips, but this time they decided to do something different and go for SeaWorld. I've only been to SeaWorld once and we live in the Los Angeles County (in Reseda) so we're really far from SeaWorld.

What we're planning is getting the 2-Day pass (but we're only going for one day this coming Sunday and going back sometime in December). I'm not really familiar with the shows' duration times and the waiting times for the attractions.

Does the whole park open at the same time or is it sectioned? Are all the attractions and exhibits open when the park opens or does it open later than when the park opens?

We would like to watch as much shows as we can, get into as much exhibits as we can, and ride Shipwreck Rapids and Journey to Atlantis, but we only have very limited time. We'll be at the park at around 9:45AM and leaving at around 7:00PM…

I'm in desperate need of suggestions! And if you can please help me build up a schedule for that day, I would really appreciate it!

I also read somewhere that we would need to head to Shipwreck Rapids and Journey to Atlantis as soon as they open because the lines get REALLY long (over an hour wait)… I'm not exactly sure if this is true :\

TIA! :goodvibes :worship:

The park usually mostly opens at the same time. The Sesame Street Bay of Play often opens later and Journey to Atlantis and Shipwreck Rapids (I believe. This isn't one I usually ride) sometimes open later as well. Just pay attention to the information on the back of your park map you get as you enter.

I highly recommend riding JtA shortly after it opens. When we do that, there are no lines and we can ride over and over again until we tire of it (if there is no line, they'll let you stay on and ride again one time - then you'll have to go around again). I'm not sure about Shipwreck Rapids, since I don't usually ride that one.

I prefer to do the exhibits early in the day and catch the shows later in the day. The exhibits are much more enjoyable when they aren't crowded, but the crowds don't affect the shows much (just arrive a little early). For those, we usually got to Wild Arctic, then to see the penguins, and then the sharks - however, I think the Turtle Reef is now open between the penguins and the sharks, so I would see those on the way.

The shows I would recommend seeing are Blue Horizons, One Ocean and the Clyde and Seymour (sea lion) show (be sure to arrive a little early at Sea Lion stadium, as the preshow is funny). (I wasn't fond of the Pets Rule show, and I didn't feel like it fit in at Sea World.)

If you can work it in, it's fun to feed the dolphins (at Rocky Point Preserve, not the Blue Horizons stadium). They usually do this once or twice a day - usually at 10:30 and 12:00. Check the schedule on the map when you arrive. The cost is $6 per person. Also check out the sea otters in the same area.

Either right before or after we go to the Clyde and Seymour show, we like to visit Pacific Point and see the sea lions and seals.

They recently started including the cost of riding the Skytower and Bayside Skyride in admission, so if you are so inclined, ride those. My daughters love the tide pools, where you can touch starfish. We don't usually do the little aquariums, they aren't as good as other aquariums that we have been to and Sea World does so many other things so well...

I don't really have an opinion on the Cirque de La Mer, we have only been there once when that was running and it was raining, so we saw the 'modified' version. We we unimpressed, but that may just be the 'modified' version, the regular version may be really good.

Sea World does put their schedules online, but they are subject to change.

I am not 100% about this..I heard it from somebody who went to Seaworld recently..but they mentioned that you could purchase something similar to a fastpass (different name) at SW now. This would allow you to the front of the line on the rides. I can vouch for the rides being an hour or more long during the summers..:eek: I loved the Sea Lions tonight show also. Most of the shows are really worth watching! Warning: the food is not the same quality as DLR parks. After 2 meals we decided to start waiting til we got back to our hotel to eat..it was that bad!! :sad2: The Preferred parking cost a pretty penny but it is closer to the gates, a benefit that we opted for to save our aching legs!!
Enjoy your trip!! :goodvibes

I am not 100% about this..I heard it from somebody who went to Seaworld recently..but they mentioned that you could purchase something similar to a fastpass (different name) at SW now. This would allow you to the front of the line on the rides. I can vouch for the rides being an hour or more long during the summers..:eek: I loved the Sea Lions tonight show also. Most of the shows are really worth watching! Warning: the food is not the same quality as DLR parks. After 2 meals we decided to start waiting til we got back to our hotel to eat..it was that bad!! :sad2: The Preferred parking cost a pretty penny but it is closer to the gates, a benefit that we opted for to save our aching legs!!
Enjoy your trip!! :goodvibes

Yeah… It's called "Quick Queue" but it's expensive… (Around $19.99-$24.99 depending on when you're visiting) :\

We have to put this over in the SoCal Theme Parks section.:goodvibes The Disneyland forum is strictly for Disneyland Resort-related planning. Unfortunately, perhaps not as many people view the other sub-forums (like this one) as much as they do the actual main Disneyland forum but we have certain sections and sub-forums for a reason.

I find Sea World California to not require much planning at all. It's actually a pretty small park with most of the animal exhibit buildings close to each other.

Since you are leaving at 7 you won't be able to see all the nighttime shows, but you should be able to see all the daytime ones. You can see the schedule on their website. Plan to arrive at the stadiums at least 20-30 minutes before the show since you'll be going on a summer weekend day. The shows are set up so that you can walk (albeit briskly) from one show to the next after each ends, with each show being about 20-25 minutes long. The lines for the restaurants can be LONG, so I encourage you to eat at off times.

I have to disagree with a previous poster that said they didn't like Pets Rule! I actually think that is the best show in the park, followed by Sea Lions Live. Blue Horizons and One Ocean are, well, a little "meh", at least in my opinion and in the opinions of my friends.

They just opened up a new area, Turtle Reef, where one of my friends now works, so check that out. It's where the manatees used to be. The exhibits don't take long to see at all, even when you really look at each tank. Remember when you go to Wild Artic that you don't have to ride the ride to see the animals. You can choose the "walk through" and go straight to the exhibit and save yourself a very long wait for a very average flight simulator.

I find Sea World California to not require much planning at all. It's actually a pretty small park with most of the animal exhibit buildings close to each other.

Since you are leaving at 7 you won't be able to see all the nighttime shows, but you should be able to see all the daytime ones. You can see the schedule on their website. Plan to arrive at the stadiums at least 20-30 minutes before the show since you'll be going on a summer weekend day. The shows are set up so that you can walk (albeit briskly) from one show to the next after each ends, with each show being about 20-25 minutes long. The lines for the restaurants can be LONG, so I encourage you to eat at off times.

I have to disagree with a previous poster that said they didn't like Pets Rule! I actually think that is the best show in the park, followed by Sea Lions Live. Blue Horizons and One Ocean are, well, a little "meh", at least in my opinion and in the opinions of my friends.

They just opened up a new area, Turtle Reef, where one of my friends now works, so check that out. It's where the manatees used to be. The exhibits don't take long to see at all, even when you really look at each tank. Remember when you go to Wild Artic that you don't have to ride the ride to see the animals. You can choose the "walk through" and go straight to the exhibit and save yourself a very long wait for a very average flight simulator.

I actually planned a "rough draft" of the schedule… I'm not sure if I put in enough time for each show, rides, and exhibits (nor if it's an efficient schedule), but we will only be able to watch a total of 3-4 shows (if they still want to watch the last show)…

Here it is:

9:45AM - 11:30AM -- Rides (SkyTower, Shipwreck Rapids, Bayside SkyRide, Journey to Atlantis [in that exact order])

11:30AM - 12:30PM -- Blue Horizons (12:00PM show)

12:30PM - 1:30PM -- Eat somewhere

1:30PM - 2:15PM -- Exhibits (whichever are close to where we're eating or the next show)

2:15PM - 3:15PM -- Sea Lions LIVE (2:45PM show)

3:15PM - 4:30PM -- More exhibits (whichever are close to the previous or the next show)

4:30PM - 5:30PM -- One Ocean (5:00PM show)

5:30PM - 6:00PM -- "Free Time"

6:00PM - 7:00PM -- Cirque de la Mer (6:30PM show)

^^ How is this schedule? I need tips and suggestions! :D

The time is only an estimate and doesn't have to be exactly fulfilled :)

EDIT: Thanks for your help! :D

I actually planned a "rough draft" of the schedule… I'm not sure if I put in enough time for each show, rides, and exhibits (nor if it's an efficient schedule), but we will only be able to watch a total of 3-4 shows (if they still want to watch the last show)…

Here it is:

^^ How is this schedule? I need tips and suggestions! :D

The time is only an estimate and doesn't have to be exactly fulfilled :)

Why no Pets Rule!?? I would absolutely choose Pets Rule! over Cirque de la Mer, or "Cirque de Lamer" as we call it here because, well, it's not that great! Again, I think Pets Rule! is the best show there. I am a pro animal trainer and from that perspective, it's really impressive.

Also, the ride schedule, doing all of them at once in the beginning, isn't very efficient. They are not near each other, and the lines for the Tower and Skyride won't be as long as for JtoA and Shipwreck will be throughout the day.

The only other thing is eating lunch at 12:30 is still "peak dining time". I'm not exaggerating when I say the lines are long at lunch time. I once waited 30 minutes in line just to get a piece of lasagna from the Italian place.

9:45AM - 11:30AM -- Rides (SkyTower, Shipwreck Rapids, Bayside SkyRide, Journey to Atlantis [in that exact order]) - this order should be good, I guess, as long as all of them are open. The Rapids and Atlantis lines will build faster, probably. They are on opposite sides of the park, but if you're able-bodied adults, it won't be too big of a deal...

11:30AM - 12:30PM -- Blue Horizons (12:00PM show) - this also sounds good. :thumbsup2

12:30PM - 1:30PM -- Eat somewhere. Lines can be long, consider buying some popcorn and waiting until non-primetime popcorn::

1:30PM - 2:15PM -- Exhibits (whichever are close to where we're eating or the next show). I would suggest the sharks and turtles (penguins if you have time). If short on time, I would probably grab food at Calypso Bay Smokehouse and plan on eating it while waiting for Sea Lions LIVE

3:15PM - 4:30PM -- More exhibits (whichever are close to the previous or the next show) - catch the sea lions at Pacific Point and then get Wild Arctic in before heading to the other side of the park - don't forget to see the penguins

5:30PM - 6:00PM -- "Free Time" - good time to see the dolphins, sea otters and tide pools - they'll be on your way to Cirque stadium

6:00PM - 7:00PM -- Cirque de la Mer (6:30PM show) :cheer2:

Why no Pets Rule!?? I would absolutely choose Pets Rule! over Cirque de la Mer, or "Cirque de Lamer" as we call it here because, well, it's not that great! Again, I think Pets Rule! is the best show there. I am a pro animal trainer and from that perspective, it's really impressive.

Also, the ride schedule, doing all of them at once in the beginning, isn't very efficient. They are not near each other, and the lines for the Tower and Skyride won't be as long as for JtoA and Shipwreck will be throughout the day.

The only other thing is eating lunch at 12:30 is still "peak dining time". I'm not exaggerating when I say the lines are long at lunch time. I once waited 30 minutes in line just to get a piece of lasagna from the Italian place.

Heheheh… I just couldn't manage to fit Pets Rule anywhere :\

We'll be making another visit to SeaWorld in the winter anyways… For sure i'll be putting Pet Rule for that visit…

It's also because we have to be out of SeaWorld at around 7:00PM… it's still a 2hr 30min drive back home :\

9:45AM - 11:30AM -- Rides (SkyTower, Shipwreck Rapids, Bayside SkyRide, Journey to Atlantis [in that exact order]) - this order should be good, I guess, as long as all of them are open. The Rapids and Atlantis lines will build faster, probably. They are on opposite sides of the park, but if you're able-bodied adults, it won't be too big of a deal...

11:30AM - 12:30PM -- Blue Horizons (12:00PM show) - this also sounds good. :thumbsup2

12:30PM - 1:30PM -- Eat somewhere. Lines can be long, consider buying some popcorn and waiting until non-primetime popcorn::

1:30PM - 2:15PM -- Exhibits (whichever are close to where we're eating or the next show). I would suggest the sharks and turtles (penguins if you have time). If short on time, I would probably grab food at Calypso Bay Smokehouse and plan on eating it while waiting for Sea Lions LIVE

3:15PM - 4:30PM -- More exhibits (whichever are close to the previous or the next show) - catch the sea lions at Pacific Point and then get Wild Arctic in before heading to the other side of the park - don't forget to see the penguins

5:30PM - 6:00PM -- "Free Time" - good time to see the dolphins, sea otters and tide pools - they'll be on your way to Cirque stadium

6:00PM - 7:00PM -- Cirque de la Mer (6:30PM show) :cheer2:

Thanks!… I'll see what the others think of this schedule :goodvibes

If you're going back in December, you're right, you can do the pet show then. Cirque only runs during the summer, so you won't have to opportunity to see it then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter