• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help Proposing at Blue Bayou

Drew Perri

Mouseketeer
A few of you know by now I am proposing to my LONG TIME GF at disneyland.
She didn't get to ride Pirates our first time there together because of the refurb.
Its the one ride I haven't let her watch ride through videos on or now much about,
It was my favorite ride as a kid and shares a big place in my heart, so her first time on it I want it to be perfect. I plan on doing the proposal in Blue Bayou and I want to know is it possible to specifically book your table? I've never been inside but I imagine the tables closest to the ride are the more "magical".
So 1- How can i get one of those tables?
2- Would any vets recommend a better area inside other than near the start of the ride.

Also does it cost upfront to reserve?

Any days you would recommend? I will be there 18-28 or 12-22 of OCT depending on what flight plan we book.

THANK YOU

I am sure guest services would assist. You would need a reservation regardless. The reservation does not reserve a particular table but I would think they could accommodate given the occasion to get you waterside.

It is pretty dark inside Blue Bayou given the theme. Just an FYI.

Book your reservation at BB. When you check in at your reservation time, ask for a water side table. They will tell you that the wait will be a little longer, but they seem to always accommodate that request.

Book your reservation at BB. When you check in at your reservation time, ask for a water side table. They will tell you that the wait will be a little longer, but they seem to always accommodate that request.
Thank you so much! So it dont even need to call ahead to try to get a waterside table?

I am sure guest services would assist. You would need a reservation regardless. The reservation does not reserve a particular table but I would think they could accommodate given the occasion to get you waterside.

It is pretty dark inside Blue Bayou given the theme. Just an FYI.
I was about to book, but wasnt sure if there was a charge, and I do know its darker but thats ok, the MAGIC is what i want :]

If you are okay with lunch book at 11:30. We always do that and have always gotten a waterside table.

You will need to reserve with a credit card to hold the reservation. They do not charge anything until your date of reservation. You have to cancel 24 hours in advance to not be charged the small no show fee. Call to make your reservation and ask them to note you will be proposing as a suprise on your reservation.

The pandora jewelry and the perfume boutique are close by. Take your gf by there about 30-40 min before your reservation, tell her to look around you are running to the bathroom. Go over to Blue Bayou and check in and let them know you want a waterside table for propsal.

I was about to book, but wasnt sure if there was a charge, and I do know its darker but thats ok, the MAGIC is what i want :]

There is no charge to reserve the table but they will take a credit card to hold it. The card will not be charged unless you don't show up (and don't cancel within in the time window) in which case it will be charged $10 per person.

To summarize- you cannot specifically reserve waterside but I agree that guest services or notes on the reservation might be able to help you out given the special circumstances. You can request waterside at check in as well (maybe suggest GF go look in one of the nearby stores while you check in so you can let them know) though you may have to wait a bit. As mentioned earlier, the earlier in the day you go the better luck you'll have getting waterside for minimal wait.

Congrats! That's awesome.

There's no charge to book -- at least there wasn't the last time I booked. Also: we usually get a waterside table. We simply check in and tell the CM that's what we'd like. There's usually a longer wait but not much. If you tell the CM what you have planned, I suspect they'll go out of their way to help you.

Re. Pirates: be sure to watch the face of the new pirate that's in the basket (shortly before the Pirate ship that fires upon the village). I missed it the first few times (it was added with the latest refurb). I point this out regularly to the people behind me and, so far, they've always said they haven't noticed it either.

I would make your reservation over the phone and when talking to them tell them about the proposal and request a waterside table. Then check in early with the hostess. When I was there a few weeks ago I had a reservation for 1:40. I went to the hostess stand at 12 and requested a waterside table. She asked if I would mind waiting, which I did not.They texted me when our table is ready at 12:30, which was 10 minutes before our reservation. It was a perfect table! Congratulations!

Oh by the way, I would ride Pirates before your meal. Without the perspective of seeing the restaurant from the ride, it’s really just a very dark restaurant ha ha.

There is no charge to make a reservation but if you need to cancel you just do so at least 24 hours in advance to avoid a $10/person charge. I would book soon for October so you can get your preferred time and day.

Congrats! What about adding a Fantasmic package to your BB reservation? That could be a great way to close out your night. If you do the first show you can stay and watch the fireworks together.

I just want to add that some waterside tables are better than others. The ones all the way over to the left are right by the bus station; they are loud and would not be romantic. Also the ones right next to that have their view blocked of most of the boats going by because they're behind the big boat that's in the water on the ride. Hopefully specifying to the hostess that you're proposing and mentioning you want a nice water table away from the bus station and not behind the boat would work. Although of course that gives them fewer tables to choose from and may cause a bit of a longer wait. But I think the idea above of taking your soon-to-be fiance to Pandora and then walking over to request is an excellent way to deal with this.

Awww...Congratulations in advance on your proposal. DH and I always ask for a waterside table at BB. We always check in 30 minutes before our reservation. We usually have to wait a bit, but it's definitely worth it. It's very dark in the restaurant, but very romantic. The theming is awesome. Have a magical time!

Congrats! What about adding a Fantasmic package to your BB reservation? That could be a great way to close out your night. If you do the first show you can stay and watch the fireworks together.
If I do this idea, do I need to book the time an hour before the show starts? Or the same time the show starts?
Is belle terrace just better to book the fantasmic show at since its already outside?
Does this cost to reserve?

No cost to make any dinner reservations. If you dont show up, they charge you $10. Use the app. if you get BB reservations, show up 30min early to ask for the water front table. They will take your cell number and text you when the table is ready. Great spot to propose, it will make for great anniversaries!

I looked at the package menu and a regular menu, and unless they make portion sizes smaller for the package menu which i doubt, the package actually saves you money. Is this accurate?

The benefit of the Fantasmic package is the seating. Food is usually plentiful at BB so I think you should be fine if you decide to go that route.

Definitely make a reservation at the BB before you go. Earlier will be nicer because the place will be quieter so you can be heard. Also, for proposals, CMs are used those all the time and will generally help you coordinate. I agree to call ahead (even after you book your reservation) and see if the Disney Dining CM can add a note to your reservation (they do this for birthdays etc as well) as well as request a waterside table.

Also, for the actual moment, I would probably write an extra note on a slip of paper and slip it to the CM when you check in (just have your GF stand to the side, near the caricatures or something so she doesn't notice). This will give all the CMs a heads up about what's going to happen and start their whisper network. (Yes, CMs have a whisper network for events like these) If you could, probably let them know WHEN you're going to pop the question (When you're seated? Before the meal? After?) and they will help coordinate by either giving you a better table or even guide you an empty spot where you can drop to one knee. Hopefully they'll be able to prep a success surprise for after!

And good luck! It's always magical to have a proposal at DL and I'm sure she'll be beyond thrilled!

The benefit of the Fantasmic package is the seating. Food is usually plentiful at BB so I think you should be fine if you decide to go that route.

Definitely make a reservation at the BB before you go. Earlier will be nicer because the place will be quieter so you can be heard. Also, for proposals, CMs are used those all the time and will generally help you coordinate. I agree to call ahead (even after you book your reservation) and see if the Disney Dining CM can add a note to your reservation (they do this for birthdays etc as well) as well as request a waterside table.

Also, for the actual moment, I would probably write an extra note on a slip of paper and slip it to the CM when you check in (just have your GF stand to the side, near the caricatures or something so she doesn't notice). This will give all the CMs a heads up about what's going to happen and start their whisper network. (Yes, CMs have a whisper network for events like these) If you could, probably let them know WHEN you're going to pop the question (When you're seated? Before the meal? After?) and they will help coordinate by either giving you a better table or even guide you an empty spot where you can drop to one knee. Hopefully they'll be able to prep a success surprise for after!

And good luck! It's always magical to have a proposal at DL and I'm sure she'll be beyond thrilled!
Your response made me tear up a bit, thank you so much.

You're so sweet. I used to work Storyland Canal Boats in Fantasyland and a lot of people do proposals there as well. It was always a treat to be part of that special moment and I haven't met a CM yet who doesn't love to help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter