Help San Antonio fans

wld

<font color=blue>Enjoyed an anniversary dinner at
Well we didn't get the Menger after all, they were all filled up before we got our reservations in. Took the hospital a while to decide if we could go or not. Darn it.

But I need help. One of the Hotels is the La Quinta near the convention center, one is the Hampton Inn and if we book separate from the convention I'm looking at the Westin Riverwalk. What do you think? Any other suggestions?
We need to be close to the convention center, close to fun stuff, and a good hotel to hang by the pool. (My sister is coming with us but not to the convention part.
I appreciate your help fast. We leave June 6th.
Thanks all.

Sorry you didn't get the Menger. I have never stayed there but would love to. It's so full of history and is supposed to be haunted. I can't help you as I'm not really up on my SA hotels,but I'll bump this in case someone can help you.

I've stayed at the Westin Riverwalk before and it was wonderful. We had a great room, good service from everyone at the hotel and there was a ton of stuff to do right there.

The Westin is by far the nicest of the three, but it's not within walking distance of the convention center. The LaQuinta & Hampton are regular moderate type properties but are much closer. The are not however right on the Riverwalk. Have you considered the Marriott Riverwalk or Rivercenter? They are both very nice, on the riverwalk and close to the convention center.

You could also check out the Crockett Hotel which is currently managed by Holiday Inn. This hotel is just behind the Alamo instead of next to it as the Menger is. You would just need to go through River Center to get to the convention center. I've never stayed there but I've heard it's nice: http://www.crocketthotel.com/ We have walked through the attractive lobby and also by the pool which is on the small side but very pretty.

By the way, wherever you stay, be prepared to possibly pay a lot for parking if you have a car. You might want to check that when you make ressies.

I'm a little confused as to why we can't walk from the Westin Riverwalk. The site says it is 3 blocks away. Bad neighborhood, traffic blocks? Did check out the two Marriotts. Rivercenter is in our price range too and sounds nice.
Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter