Help!!water Caution @wdw???????

7thdwarf/dopey

<font color = red>Disney for Dopey and Dopey for D
I live in the country and we have our own well with a house filter.. my mother -in-law who lives in kissimmiee
florida says dont drink the water at the parks or resorts
same thing with universal or you will most likely get sick.....I find this hard to believe!!!! otherwise wouldnt it have been already posted here ???
IS THERE ANY AT ALL TRUTH TO THIS ???

7th dwarf:confused:

We were at MK, IOA, USF, and Seaworld last week and didn't get sick. There is an odor to the water at MK, but they have had this for years. By the way, my wife get stomach cramps from well water, and the water down there has never bothered her or the two kids.

do not..I repeat do not drink the water!!!

we had bought brita water bottles figuring they would be enough and we would be fine. NOT

Loki was terribly ill one night and one whole day..I mean like a 105 temp and cold sweats, cramps, migranes..horrible.

wensday he had a reoccurance of this

thursday.... we are home..and oh my I am soooooo sick with stomach problems, DD is complaining as well.

We only figured out on the plane ride that it was after a day of drinking from the bottles did Loki get sick, when we were in epcot tuesday he drank from the bottels..wens he was sick. I drank some water right before we left..I'm sick, DD had a little and on the plane ride was complaining about her stomach.

we firmly belive it was the water. We are used to drinking solely spring water.

If the water is "Bad" wouldnt that mean that all the pop (tonic, soda what ever you call it) be "Bad" too?? Don't they just mix the syrup with water and carbonation???? I just assumed this but I have no idea maybe they use special bottled water???? I am very curious as we have a handicapped DS who has a very sensative tummy but the thought of buying hundreds of dollars of bottled water in the park jsut kills me. We were planning on renting a fridge and keeping cold water bottles (Filled from the tap) in there.....now I am having second thoughts:(

WOW THAT SCARED THE BACHEEBURRS OUT OF ME THANKS FOR THE INPUT . HOPE ALL OF YOU RECOVERED. I'VE READ ALOT OF POSTS ABOUT PEOPLE WHO ALL OF SUDDEN CAME DOWN WITH A HIGH FEVER AND STOMACHE CRAMPS.........:confused:

What about all the people using the Brita bottles that don't get sick ? i can't imagine if the water was really bad that the number of ill people would be astronomically high??!!!

What a bunch of garbage! One family, I repeat, ONE family comes down with FLU like symptons, and everyone thinks its the water. HMMM, let me think. They get the flu one after another, just like the incubation period so they blame........THE WATER AT WDW! Of course. This is also the state that gives us Ted Kennedy every six years.
\ps you had the flu.

The water sucks!!!!! It is full of sulpher!!

But it depends how deep the wells are! WDW the water is worse than at Universal.

But at WDW the bottled water[Z something or other] they sell is worse than the fountain water plus it makes you thirstier!!!!

And D and Ls Mom you are right the ice is tainted too,and tastes as bad or worse than the water!!

WE SOLVED THE PROBLEM BY BUYING CANNED DRINKS AND AQUAFINA BOTTED WATER IN 24OZBOTTLES!!! Aquqfina isn't bottled in Florida like the one at WDW and Universal sells Crystal Gyser also not bottled in Florida.

If you don't have a fridge in your room,put a plastic sack in the sink,and fill the sink with cans and bottles and then fill the sink with as much ice as you can get in there and don't forget to plug the sink. The cold water helps keep them cold!! Do this at night and before you leave for the day !!
And you will have cold drinks when you want them!!

listen to the original post he was warned about it to!!... Also while down there The driver from Tiffany also said the same thing... and he had been living there for 5+ years!! I drink nothing but bottled water ... so a high ammount of sulfer would throw my system out of whack!! and I have read other posts that state the water isn't the best... So its not just one family genius

I have had the flu

I know what the flu is like...this was not the flu

this is constant and extreme stomach cramps....stomach literally feels like it is "quivering" inside of me, feel better after a tiny bit of soda or food then the cramps come back with a vengence. fever is there... then breaks, comes back, breaks...over and over.

this is not the flu....

again, maybe our systems are particularly sensitive because we only drink spring water and we have excellent tap water that we use for cooking.

ps . I dont appreciate your condencention in your post.
we were warned about the water here and from many people we know..hence we bought the bottles. We had a wonderful Tiffany's driver who also tried the bottles and now only drinks out of state bottled water because of how sick he becomes when he drinks the water.
we also met a wonderful couple down there who were horribly sick because of the water on thier last trip and had bought a case of bottled water ( at this point we proudly showed our brita bottles !!!!! loki was sick 2 days later )

We have been five times in the last ten years and have not gotten sick. Last year we refilled our mug at the park's drinking fontains and drank A LOT of water. I really didn't notice much of a difference in the water. Maybe I'm used to bad tap water to begin with.

In Mexico I did get sick from the water. I drank bottled water too (evian). When I finially went to the Dr. at home (dehydrated) he said it can be from eating vegetables that were washed in the water....so I guess the same would hold true at wdw.

My sister-in-law lives ten miles from wdw and they do drink tap water. We have other relatives there too and have not been warned about the water before.

Geubux, first I find your remarks about people from Massachusetts uncalled for. There are people whose systems are very sensitive & cannot handle substances that they are not familiar with. My mother travels everywhere with bottled water even to brush her teeth, even to my house from upstate NY. However we have been to Disney 6 times & have had no problems with the water, I have no probelm with water anywhere although I do notice a difference in odor & taste someplaces. I think people with food allergies and/or sensitive stomachs should use bottled water anywhere they travel. For us cast-iron stomach types the water in Orlando is not a problem.

We got this 2 years ago with the high fever 104-105 and stomach ach for 5 days apon returning and no other symtoms and after a lot of tests the Doc who is from Orlando asked if anyone in our family is allergic to sulfa drugs or gets the runs from dried fruit.. We have 3 kids who are allergic to sulfa and they ran a blood test on us and found extreemly high sulfa counts in our systems. We had went in the summer and it was hot and we drank alot of tap water ... we had made the kids drink it so they would not get sick..LOL... We now bring small bottled water and juice boxes for the parks and buy canned soda for the hotel and we still drink fountian sodas but only 1 or 2 a day and we do not get sick because we arn't getting to much in our systems. I hope this helps someone.. I think the problem is when you drink the tap all day long and have a sulfa allergy. :)

I find that the water is absolutely horrible. My family goes to Publix and buys the big, cheap jugs. One year I got pretty sick from the water and have been avoiding it ever since. One day my family and I ate at the Ponderosa and you could even taste the chlorine off the lettuce in the salad. Bottled water doesn't have to be as expensive as you think, go to a grocery store and buy a big jug. Some stores even have machines so you can refill your jug for about thirty cents. If you are wondering if you can handle the water and leaning towards that you can't, I advise you not to take any risks. It's not worth running to bathroom all day because you either have to throw up or use the washroom. And as someone mentioned above, the ice and pop is also bad. My mum wanted an MGM-mug so she bought one with Diet Coke in it. The pop was terrible and we dumped most of it out into the sink. BTW, does anyone know if they would let you get popcorn in it instead of pop? We never thought of asking until we left the park.

Of course, it really all depends on the water you are used to drinking. I went to Greece one year on a tour with my school and we were told that we would not be drinking local water, we would be drinking "good" water. I guess it was considered good compared to tap water, but it taste quite similar to WDW water and again, I suffered the consequences and was sick and spent the day in bed when the non-sick people went to the Acropolis. (Yes, there were other sick people.) Sorry for rambling, but I think people should be warned.

We've been to Disney the last 2 June's, and used water bottles the whole trip. All the water came from the hotel or the fountains at the park. We never had a problem with it, and trust me, we we're inhaling it in the heat. I never noticed a particularly bad taste or smell from it.

After reading this post I am really scared. We are leaving on May 21st (only 10 days!!) and I was planning on using Disney water to fill up water bottles to carry with us through the park. Now I don't know what to do. We are staying at a Disney resort and will not have a car to drive to a store to buy bottled water. Help!!! Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. I certainly do not want my two DDs, DH or myself to get sick. This is our first trip since my DH and I honeymooned there 17 years ago. We survived the water back then, but I hate to take chances now with the kids. :confused:

I originally posted this as a QUESTION !!!! and so many of the replys have actually gotten insulting and down right hostile .......first , if i can i withdraw my question i wud!....
this was an honest, bonifide , legitament question!!!!!!for those of you who took it personally , ( i dont know why , unless you hold stock or something ) you shud be ashamed of yourself........ I know it wont make a difference , but if this is the type of response one gets, when one is encouraged to "ask away" ............... well quess what ..............!:confused: :eek:

I personally haven't gotten sick from the water. But then, I never noticed it tasted bad or made soda taste bad. I do think it could be sulfa sensitivity in some people - I don't have it, and never have a problem with water (though I won't drink the tap water here, it is terrible - worse than DW!)

When in doubt buy bottled drinks. It will cost more, but it will be worth it if you dont get sick.

Thanks for the info guys. My DS is allergic to Sulpha, and I would hate for him to be sick on our trip. We'll have to run out and buy some bottled water for him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter