Help! Where should we eat our LAST morning breakfast?

Sunshine1987

Mouseketeer
We are taking my parents for their first ever Disneyworld trip. I am trying to decide between the following 3 restaurants for our last morning (which will be Sat, Nov 4th). We have only been to Kona (which we love) but not to the other two. I listed below what I thought were the pros and cons for each but I would love to hear anyone's thoughts or suggestions??

1900 Park Fare -
+get to visit Grand Floridian
+characters
+strawberry soup
-very loud
-I heard this restaurant has poor service
-crowded

The Wave-
+get to visit The Contemporary
+food (the sweet potato pancakes and cheesy grits sound delicious)
+not crowded
+reasonably priced buffet and bottomless mimosas
-no characters
-no Disney ambiance

Kona-
+Kona coffee
+food (love the macadamia pancakes)
+we are at the Polynesian already (staying there our last night Fri to Sat)
-kind of loud
-we've ate here before so it isn't new for us (but would be for my parents)
-no characters

I'm a huge fan over Kona. Food is good and sort of a tradition with our family. I like that I can jump on the monorail for one last trip around after. I have noticed over the last few years that the menu seems to be getting smaller. But the Tonga Toast is still a staple and my fiancé likes it.

1900 Park Fare has something for everyone but it is buffet-style. I try to limit those types of dining experiences to only 1 or 2 a trip. ( It just gets to be so much food ) Another plus is the characters and lots of photo ops.

I haven't been to Wave yet - I'll be interested to read what others think of this one.

If visiting the Grand Floridian appeals to you and your parents, maybe consider the Grand Floridian cafe? It doesn't get as much attention as a lot of other restaurants, so it's usually pretty quiet and the food is very good.

Probably not what you want to hear, but you really can't go wrong with either Kona or the Wave. Both have amazing food and would offer a great send-off. If service matters I'd go with The Wave since Kona is notoriously bad, but otherwise the sophies choice that is sweet potato pancakes vs. tonga toast or key lime benedict vs the samoan prevails.

I am leaning toward Kona or the Wave instead of 1900 Park Fare. We are doing Hoop De Doo Friday night and I think a lower-key (and less expensive) breakfast may be better. I haven't looked at the Grand Floridian Cafe. Will look at that one as well. Thanks for the suggestions so far!!!

Ditto on Boma! I know it's not on your list but it's totally worth the drive. It's become our departure day thing to have breakfast there.

Any of those would be great! We prefer to eat large during the beginning of the trip (buffets and the like) and taper down to quick service at the end! On our last morning, we usually eat at the QS location at our resort and then head to the nearest park until it's time to head back to catch the bus. So if you're already at the Poly my vote would be Kona. Enjoy!

question, what time are you leaving?
Are you using DME?
any time restrictions?
Are you at the poly?

of those choices, I would pick Kona most likely. I like their breakfast, it is low key and a lovely way to close down a vacation.

Kona.

Poly is supposed to be a relaxed, tropical vibe, so you can't fully enjoy the resort if there's a need to rush off to another resort.

Not to hijack this thread but we have a 7:30am Boma breakfast reservation on our departure day, and our flight leaves at 10:30 am from mco, we have a rental car, we do have tsa pre. Is this enough time? Will be too rushed?

I second Whispering Canyon Cafe. Trails End buffet is also great.
We did enjoy 1900 PF breakfast but not as much as dinner.

Not to hijack this thread but we have a 7:30am Boma breakfast reservation on our departure day, and our flight leaves at 10:30 am from mco, we have a rental car, we do have tsa pre. Is this enough time? Will be too rushed?

Depends
weekend or weekday (if week day, factor in rush hour traffic)

Which airline, for example jet blue is advising customers to arrive 3 hours before flights due to construction delays

I like getting to the airport early and being stress free on departure. others push the envelope to get every last bit of fun :) I would leave for the airport by 8, depending on my airline

neither is wrong, but I never want to run through the airport

Depends
weekend or weekday (if week day, factor in rush hour traffic)

Which airline, for example jet blue is advising customers to arrive 3 hours before flights due to construction delays

I like getting to the airport early and being stress free on departure. others push the envelope to get every last bit of fun :) I would leave for the airport by 8, depending on my airline

neither is wrong, but I never want to run through the airport
It is a weekday, Monday, and SWA. Do we really need 3 hours with tsa pre? I also hate runningthrunthe airport!

We have no time restrictions that last day. We are driving and can leave whenever we want. We only drive 3 hours the day we leave Disney and then drive the remainder the last day (my dad won't fly). But we are already eating at Boma on a different day (I LOVE AKL and LOVE Boma - and Saana - and Jiko :)).

I have read all the suggestions and now I am debating between the WAVE and Grand Floridian Cafe. I really want my parents to see the Grand Floridian but the more I read about 1900 Park Fare, the less I want that to be our last experience. The food at the Wave sounds good.... but the Grand Floridian Cafe looks so much prettier (in the pics anyway-I have never been to either).

So now I am trying to decide between the Wave or Grand Floridian? (and Kona is still on the backburner).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter