HELP!!! will mickey wedding ears fit FH?

Bozley

Earning My Ears
My FH & I are getting married in October & we are honeymooning at WDW. I wanted to get the wedding ears for both of us, but he has a hard time finding hats that are big enough for him. I am worried that it would it be a waste to order them if his doesn't fit. Does anyone have any ideas for what he could use instead?
Thanks!
Bozley:D

There is a thread marked "Rides and Bridal Headband" that may help you out.

Someone on that thread mentioned her husband was unable to wear the groom hat because it was too small. His solution? He made groom and bridal ears using baseball caps from Davids Bridal. Attatch ears onto the caps and da ta! You have a Mickey Mouse ears groom cap that will fit your husband! If you want to match, get a white baseball cap, attach ears and a veil.

Diznee25

Even if your husband's head is too big for the hat, they sell this headband with a small Minnie bride head coming off of one antenna, and a small Mickey groom head coming off another antenna. So he could get something like that, too. Or wear the groom pin. Or a groom t-shirt.
Cheers!
Heather

my DH was the one who made the ears for us...and it worked perfectly!! we received lots of compliments from CM's too. they all wanted to know where we had gotten our ears and were shocked when we said that he made them.

they were very easy to make too...he took a pair of ears i had from a previous trip for the size of the circles. he cut them out of that foam stuff you can buy at any craft store. i think he made each ear 3 thick and then glued a strip around the edges of each ear to smooth it out. he also attached each ear to a small strip of the foam before glueing it to the hat. that helped it to keep it's shape. and then he attached a bit of tulle to the top of mine to create a veil. since we were married down there in orlando (not at disney though) he also made me a set of ears on a headband so that i wouldn't have to take my hair down but still be able to wear bridal ears. for that, we just bought a plain headband, wrapped it in white ribbon/material and then he did the same thing for the ears as he did on the hats. we also found a little veil and attached it to the headband...it worked wonderfully!!

give me a bit and i'll see if i can post a few pictures...

I bought the groom ears thinkinh thsy wouldn't fit my DF, but they fit perfectly! I was shocked! He too has trouble finding hats, but it fit him. And if it doesn't fit you have great ideas here!

Sarah

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter