• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help with 3 day trip with WDW newbies

ericaann94

Mouseketeer
Need help on how to successfully pull of a trip that includes to newcomers to WDW and without making me want to chop of my feet.

My boyfriend and I have visited WDW three times in the last two years so we have seen/done a ton.We are bringing both our moms this trip (both haven't been in 15+ years) but can only swing a short trip due to bf's work schedule.

Any advice on how to successfully pull off a short trip and making sure they have fun without wearing ourselves down?

TYIA

My first suggestion my seem off-the-wall, but...

Before you go on the trip with the Moms, you want to ALSO have planned on the dates for YOUR next trip (in the future) with just your BF.
That way, it will take the pressure off trying to "herd" everyone to do "everything" in the Mom's trip.
You'll know that whatever you have to miss, you'll be making up in your NEXT trip.

I would skip HS. Focus on the other parks one per day. Make sure your plan minimizes walking. Plan some TS meals to slow things down.

Don;t be intimidated, it will be fun.

Any advice on how to successfully pull off a short trip and making sure they have fun without wearing ourselves down?

My advice would be to spend some time with them well before the trip and go over the attractions and restaurants, etc- and see what THEY want to do. If you make the trip about them, and do what they want to do- then there is no stress or pressure around the trip.

Here are a couple of quick ideas:

First, ask them if they have any fond memories they might want to revisit. Make sure at least a few of those memories are in your plan. Also ask if there are attractions they might want to skip, like roller coasters.

Second, focus on visiting a few of the signature attractions at each park. Given your three day limit I agree with pitpat that you might consider skipping HS. Unless your moms are Star War's fanatics.

Third, make your plan an easy one, no frantic rushing around. Use it as a framework that could be added to if energy is high. Take advantage of the shows and movies to create breaks.

You didn't say what part of the year you are going. If it is in the summer, make sure to plan frequent breaks to get out of the heat.
Wishing you a pixiedust: visit!

Last edited:
Need help on how to successfully pull of a trip that includes to newcomers to WDW and without making me want to chop of my feet.

My boyfriend and I have visited WDW three times in the last two years so we have seen/done a ton.We are bringing both our moms this trip (both haven't been in 15+ years) but can only swing a short trip due to bf's work schedule.

TYIA

Since they have been before, that helps a lot and it will make planning easier. I'd ask first for favorites from their previous trip. Then for each day I'd line up one thing that is a must ride, one place to eat, or a must have snack, and one thing that is a must "see" or do. After that, plan the day around the answers to those questions with time built in to simply sit somewhere and enjoy for a bit.

Thank you all for such great advice!

We are going the first week of March so hoping for lower crowds and beautiful weather.

I love disney but sometimes the stress of planning turns me into a crazy person.

I am thinking of planning a "Disney" night sometime next week so we can go over everyone's favorite attractions, restaurants ect.....

I may have to agree with @pitpat and @NH-to-FL...skipping HS seems like a good option even though ToT and rock n roller coaster are one of my favorites, neither of them are huge fans of star wars and I don't think I could pay either to to ride ToT or Rock n roller coaster...nothing else for them to really enjoy but shows and toy story mania.

I will keep you all posted with what we decide our must do's are!!

Thank you all again!!

(Excuse any typos as I am on my phone)

When you are discussing with them discuss touring styles too. Are they rope drop people? Do they understand the benefits? Or would they rather sleep in? Set expectations in advance for things like that, so that you can properly plan.

(We took my in-laws once and it was challenging for this very reason. Prime park time (and happy morning toddler time) wasted sipping coffee slowly in the condo instead of in the parks.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter