Help with bank/borrow

R

ralloyd

We've never banked/borrowed in the same year and I have a question that I hope you can help with. We're planning on using points for DCL in June of next year. We banked some of this year's points, and want to use the banked points plus all of 2002 and borrow a few from 2003. Our use year is Feb., so the way I understand this is that if we want to borrow from 2003, we'll have to wait until after Feb. 2002 to make reservations. Am reading the info correctly? I'm afraid if we wait until Feb, we won't be able to get our reservation. Please tell me I'm wrong!?!?Thanks in advance

Rurh Ann:confused:

In order to borrow from your 2003 Use Year- the trip itself (NOT the date you call) will have to be between Feb. 1, 2002 and Jan. 31, 2003.

The only important factor is the date of the reservation and what points are available at that time.

Good Luck!

You can make your DCL reservation 11 months ahead of your departure date. As long as the points you need will be available when your cruise begins, there will be no problem.

When you can make a reservation has nothing to do with banking and borrowing. Maybe this will help a bit with the confusion:

Feb 2001 points can be used for a stay (or cruise) between 2/1/2001 and 1/31/2002. If you bank these points into your 2002 use year, they can be used for a stay (cruise) between 2/1/2002 and 1/31/2003.

Feb 2002 points are good for a stay (cruise) between 2/1/2002 and 1/31/2003.

Feb 2003 points are good between 2/1/2003 and 1/31/2004. If you borrow them into the previous year (2002), they are good between 2/1/2002 and 1/31/2003.

So you could potentially have three year's worth of points to use in your 2002 use year whcih goes from 2/1/2002 through 1/31/2003. Your June 2002 cruise falls within your 2002 yuse year and assuming you need less than 3 year's worth of points, you can just go ahead and make the reservation 11 months ahead of your desired departure date. That's the earliest (11 months) DVC members can reserve a cruise on points.

Enjoy!

Thanks Doc and Carol!! I will now be able to sleep tonight knowing that I can call MS in tomorrow (OK, Tuesday) and make our ressies! I didn't think I was reading it right and was starting to panic (which is the excuse I'll use for spelling my name wrong in my original post!). Thanks!

Ruth Ann

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter