Help with Delta airline tickets rules ?

Nathan's Grandma

Disney Dreams
I am not sure if anyone can help or not but I am hoping.

Our son and daughter-in-law got married right after 911. They did not go on their honeymoon because it was in the Cayman Islands and all of us worried parents were not comfortable with them going. They did get an extension to use their tickets before July 9, 2003 after many letters and phone calls. They are both terrified of flying also.

We are going to disney July 12 with several members of our family and they just called Delta to see if they would let them extend the tickets for one week. The lady she talked to did not seem to have a problem with them doing that until she looked at their ticket. She said that they could only use it for international flights only.

Any ideas on how to get Delta to change their minds?

Sorry it is so long.

Kathy

Keep trying through Delta. Like Disney the amount of help you get depends on the person you talk to. Some know ways to circumvent the system. I can't believe they wouldn't let you trade an international ticket for a domestic ticket.

You may very well be out of luck.

I have found them to be EXTREMLY unflexible about the use of International tickets for domestic flights. I currently have a $500 voucher from them that can only be used internationally. I have called, written letters and gotten nowhere!

You can not exchange an international ticket for a domestic ticket. Ticket issuance falls under different governmant regulations, it is NOT the airlines fault.

I told my daughter-in-law what you said. According to what I read there is a charge of 150.00 and the tickets are only 190. from Dayton.

They were going to fly stand-by with vouchers from her aunt and I insisted on paying the 800.00 for the tickets because it was their honeymoon. They just feel terrible about it us being out of the money.

Kathy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter