• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

help with figuring out travel time to MK

akayf

Mouseketeer
We are staying at the Contemporary and have park hoppers. Since the kids are so young still, HS is going to be a 1/2 day park for us. The day we are planning on going to HS, we also have a 4:20 ADR for BOG. Here is my basic plan of attack for the day.

Arrive at HS by 8:15 for 9 AM rope drop(since they let you in a little early usually)

We want to ride TSM(hopefully 2x), ride Star Tours, do Jedi Training, meet Woody and Buzz, meet Phineas and Ferb, meet Sofia and Jake, maybe see Disney JR show. DH and I would like to ride TOT but think it might be too much for DS(age 5). If we miss it, it's no big deal. If time permits, we'll FP or child swap it depending on the length of the standby line.

I'm planning on us leaving HS by 1 to head back to room to freshen up. I'm hoping to be back in room by 2 the latest. Then we are walking to MK. I'm thinking if we leave the room by 3:30, that will give us enough time to walk to the gate, get through bag check and make to BOG in time to check in for 4:20 ADR.

Am I allowing myself enough travel time?

It's about half of a mile from CR to MK bag check area. You've given yourself about 35 minutes get from your room to BOG (assuming you're planning on checking in about 15 minutes before your ADR, which I highly advise at BOG). I think you can probably make it in 35 minutes without much problems. However, if it were me, I'd probably leave around 3:15, just to give a little more cushion. I'd rather be early and have to mill around MK opposed to be running late and miss the ADR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter