Help with getting rid of cable

Cut our cable about 10 years ago, then DirecTv about 4 years ago. Switched over to a Roku box, running Netflix, HBO, PBS, etc. Set up digital rabbit ears for local news. Never have regretted it.

We watch baseball, not hockey, but I suspect that the NHL would have a service like the MLB: pay $29 for the season?

I have Directtv and regret it. I travel a lot and with comcast I could upload shows, watch and then upload new ones for the trip home. DTV you have to be home near the DVR to upload programming. Lots of time it wont upload or the app crashes.
Our Directv has a "Cloud DVR" which we can watch on our computers & phone. Can you get the app?

Our Directv has a "Cloud DVR" which we can watch on our computers & phone. Can you get the app?
I can watch live on my phone if I have internet access. I can download shows from DVR but you have to be next to DVR to do it. Comcast I could upload anywhere.

We currently have Comcast and are having major issues with the screen freezing, being extremely pixelated and DVR not working correctly. Many calls to Comcast, many times of unplugging and plugging back in, doing a reset from them and nothing is helping. So we really want to get rid of it, don't want to go back to Directv. However we are a hockey household and have to have a way to watch games. We have been trying to look into it but it seems the only way to get our local games is with cable/dish service. Sling looked promising with the other channels I watch but I couldn't find out about our local sports station. Everything seems to be all the ESPN channels which we don't care about. It's all so confusing and frustrating as we watch hockey and not much else. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! I just don't think we can do what my husband wants to do!

Hockey person here as well - hockey is the reason we got cable, and pretty much the only thing we watch. I've been looking into Sling TV + the sports package, plus a subscription to NHL.tv. That apparently allows you to watch pretty much all hockey games except a few. Here is a good article I found that explains it: https://www.howtogeek.com/307282/the-cheapest-ways-to-stream-nhl-hockey-even-if-you-dont-have-cable/.

However, it looks like this combination might be more expensive than cable for us, so I'm still trying to figure it out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter