Help with romantic dinner in Epcot...

poj7

Mouseketeer
Hi.

Can someone recommend their favorite romantic restaurant in Epcot? One with exceptional atmosphere would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

I think the two most romantic restaurants are the San Angel Inn (Mexico) and Le Cellier (Canada).

The San Angel Inn is beautiful - and you can request a table by the river!

Le Cellier's food is very good, and the restaurant is dark, and candle-lit.

For exceptional atmosphere it is San Angel Inn...for outstanding atmosphere/food there is also Alfredo's and Chefs de France.

Those are our favorites...or, you could walk over to the Boardwalk and eat at Flying Fish.

Another vote for San Angel Inn on atmosphere. DH and I were priviledged enough to have a table right by the river, it was wonderful!!

The last couple of years I've seen people sitting on the terraces at EPCOT enjoying a meal whilst watching illuminations. I also will be celebrating my 10 year anniversary and Birthday whilst I'm there and would love to book this if anyone has any information on how to go about it.

Originally posted by poj7
Hi.

Can someone recommend their favorite romantic restaurant in Epcot? One with exceptional atmosphere would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
poj7,
Bistro De Paris would be my choice.

-DC :)

gill.m - There are two places to sit outside and eat while watching Illuminations. You can grab your own table at the Cantina in Mexico, and eat the counter-service food (burritos, nachos, margaritas, etc) or you can make PS reservations at the Rose & Crown in England. If you choose R&C, schedule your reservation for around 7:30, and when you check in, ask for a table by the water. You might have a short wait, but it's worth it!

For my DH and I it would have to Alfredo's.

We ate there on our honeymoon, and Giovianni was our waiter. It was his first day on the job and he was wonderful. The place has great food and atmosphere.

The following year, while celebrating our 1 yr anniversary(one week early), low and behold Giovianni was our waiter, it was his last week on the job, as he was returning to Italy. Although he didn't remeber us, we remembered him(that cute Italian smile-don't tell DH,LOL!).

It is one of our magical memories!

Thanks Rhonda

I was also looking for information on the roped off area at the bridge between France and the UK, is this just for private parties?does anyone know how to book it?

Hi Paul

found this great thread for dessert at Epcot called illuminations dessert party. not dinner but romantic all the same.
check out the thread it's exactly what I was looking for.
20031117-Illuminations

gill.m - yes, that is reserved for private parties only.

Personally, our favorite view place is at the Cantina in Mexico. It seems like the wind frequently blows in the direction of England, so people tend to get "smoked out" during Illuminations quite a bit. The wind never seems to go the direction of Mexico!

We stake out a table around 7:00, and just sit and relax and watch them set up for the show while drinking margaritas and eating nachos! :)

We did the Illuminations Dessert Party last summer with a group of 20. We had the platform next to Rose and Crown. It was wonderful! No smoke blew our way. I understand you can book any of the platforms(and not just for dessert), but there are minimums to consider!
Oh yeah, I vote for Bistro...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter