Help...........!!

Wellard Stallard

Groovy DIS Chick with Attitude
As I am still fairly new at these discussion pages and still learning!! Can someone tell me about PS - yes I know what it stands for but what I would like to know is, I will be in Florida for 3 wks in October. Do you make your PS once you are there or do you arrange it before you go. Is there anywhere in particular I shouldn't miss - any details at all would be gratefully received. This will be our first trip and I seem to be the only one planning everything. From what I have read so far, planning is a MUST as we want to see as much as we possibly can. These discussion pages have been so helpful (I've also read Brits Guide to Orlando) - I feel like I've already been there! We have also got the 10 day world pass and want to know also about the Character Breakfast - where do we have it? (Garden Grill, Epcot - Restaurantaurus, AK or Hollywood & Vine, MGM) Do we also book that as soon as we get there? Please help there is so much I would like to know.

Many thanks

Paula
:confused:

Hi Paula,

I like to make my PS's before we leave - as much because it adds to the excitement as anything. If you are pretty flexible you will be able to make a PS for most places once you get there, but it's nice to know it's already done.

we are going to the Hollywood and Vine for our 10 day breakfast - but I think they all look good, although the Garden Grill is no longer serving breakfast.

if you do want to make some PS's, then the number is 001 407 939-3463 - (I use an access number 0870 794 0000 to make the call, so that it is cheaper. Dial the access number first, then the 001 407 number)

There are so many restaurants that picking any as a don't miss is really hard - have a read of your guidebooks, and also the restaurant boards and see which really appeal to you.

Bev

Hi Paula :wave:

As Bev says some make them before they leave the UK, others leave it till they get there.

A lot would depend on the time of year and which restaurants you want to eat at.

We have some fantastic info here on the Dis about the Restaurants and Eating in WDW. On the home page, on the left hand side, click on the link for Dining/Restaurants and you will find lots of help there. One of the exclusive features of the Dis, is the Dining Database - check it out, you can find out what menu is available at which restaurant etc. etc.

Here is a link to the PS info that you will find there too - this is really helpful. Once you decide on which restaurants you wish to eat at, you enter your holiday dates into the Caluculator and it will let you know if how soon you can make your PS (Great if your going at a busy time!)

PS Info

I hope this helps you - but if you need any more help, just shout :D :D :D

Paula, have you looked at all the information available to you on the DIS Home Page?

DIS Home Page

Select the topic you want information on from the left hand list and then choose from the drop-down menu.

Under 'Dining/Restaurants' you'll find PS info as well as a calculator that will work out when you can ring to make them.

Have fun researching then come back and post lots of questions here.

EDIT - Snap(ish) Jan :p

Hi

We make our PS's before we go - its another point in the count down for me :D

I must recommend Donalds Breakfastaurus at A.K - we loved it there and on our first day there this year that is where we are heading back.

Is there any restaurants you want to try??

Kaylee

Originally posted by BevS97
Hi Paula,

if you do want to make some PS's, then the number is 001 407 939-3463 - (I use an access number 0870 794 0000 to make the call, so that it is cheaper. Dial the access number first, then the 001 407 number)

Bev

:bounce:

thanks for that number Bev - it'll save a fortune !!

just hope calls do only get charged at the UK rate otherwise work will go mad !!

:)

thanks

neil

neil - I've been using it at work for a couple of months now and haven't had any complaints yet!

Originally posted by BevS97
neil - I've been using it at work for a couple of months now and haven't had any complaints yet!

kewl, thanks for sharing the number - just hope we can use it long term - most of these numbers only last a few weeks to get you using their service and then start charging for it

well we arrive in orlando on the sat 21 sep 2002 in the afternoon and we want to goto Magic Kingdom on our first day on the sunday........

i thought i might surprise my girlfriend and the other women in the group by booking the character breakfast for the sunday so i've been trying to find out which restaurant in MK we can book using our complimentary breakfast that comes with these 10 day world passes........

i called virgin travelstore and the muppet i spoke to couldn't tell me anything cept to call the states - so i did (using the acces number bev supplied) and the lady there went off to call their ticket helpline and then came back and said she would have to call me back with that info - i gave her my e-mail addy and mobile number.......

i will keep you updated when i hear anything

neil

:smooth:

On our fist visit last year I made our PS from home before we left. It was nice to know everything was planned. Especially as we used our breakfast PS the 1st morning we were there.

We went to Animal Kingdom for Donalds Breakfastsaurus which was was great. I can definately recommend this to you. The food was an all you can eat buffet which set us up for the rest of the day.

In Magic Kingdom the Crystal Palace does a breakfast with Winnie the Pooh & Friends. We went there for dinner ( haven't tried the breakfast yet!). Again a buffet, we really enjoyed our visit. I'm sure there are lots of people here on the boards who can tell you about their breakfast.

:jester: :jester: :jester:

well still no news.........

was rather hoping i would get a message on my answerphone on friday nite....

fraid not

:(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter