• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Here now - 5/9--5/11

ewasilau

Mouseketeer
Just a quick update - we are having a blast and I would like to thank everyone for the advice over the past few months.

My advice - get up early, be flexible and refresh, refresh, refresh!!

Some things have gone better than expected, others not quite as we wanted, but overall has been great! We arrived at 12 noon on Wed after an early flight and got a great room at YC, all our requests granted (near elevator, near pool, not ground floor) - AND our room was ready!
Used FPs and saw Indy at HS, then got 4th and 5th FPs for ToT and RnR. Could not get on TSM though - line never went under 75 min.

On Thurs, missed EMH RD at AK but werew in park by 8:10. Rode Navi in 10 min, planned to use FP for FoP later but wait was only 30 min at 8:30 so we went for it! Took barely 35 min! So rode it again later with FP, as well as several other rides.

Today, tackled a very busy MK and again missed EMH RD but again in park by 8:10 and did Space right away. Between then and 3 pm we did 11 rides (incl all mountains, Space 2x and were last ones off before it broke down, PP, PoC, HM, Buzz, 7DMT) and had lunch at Skipper Canteen (awesome!), including 4th and 5th FPs for IASW and Speedway/princess combo. Now back at YC at pool with 6th FPs for Test Track at 5:45....

I am having a blast refreshing for FPs!!

Also, its not technically busy season but all sides of all rides so far are open and tons of CMs seen being super efficient.

Hope everyone else here also having as much fun as we are!

I find refreshing for FPs quite thrilling. "What's going to be there next?" It is exciting and fun. Just remember the backup phone battery! :) I can refresh to my heart's content and not worry about losing juice.

I think I said, "That's it!" out loud when FOP came up. I was at the front of the quick service line at Yak and Yeti and it appeared just as I was waved over. I was not moving until I confirmed that puppy. The CM was annoyed with me ... but FOP!!!!

OP glad you're having a great time! Enjoy!

Glad you're having such a fun time!
I agree on the "refresh" thing. Got SO MANY good FPs last trip and hoping for many many more on our upcoming trip at the end of the summer.
We also have arrived a bit after 8 for EMH more than once. Why is it SO HARD to get there before the gates open? LOL.

Just a quick update - we are having a blast and I would like to thank everyone for the advice over the past few months.

Some things have gone better than expected, others not quite as we wanted, but overall has been great! We arrived at 12 noon on Wed after an early flight and got a great room at YC, all our requests granted (near elevator, near pool, not ground floor) - AND our room was ready!
Used FPs and saw Indy at HS, then got 4th and 5th FPs for ToT and RnR. Could not get on TSM though - line never went under 75 min.

On Thurs, missed EMH RD at AK but werew in park by 8:10. Rode Navi in 10 min, planned to use FP for FoP later but wait was only 30 min at 8:30 so we went for it! Took barely 35 min! So rode it again later with FP, as well as several other rides.

Today, tackled a very busy MK and again missed EMH RD but again in park by 8:10 and did Space right away. Between then and 3 pm we did 11 rides (incl all mountains, Space 2x and were last ones off before it broke down, PP, PoC, HM, Buzz, 7DMT) and had lunch at Skipper Canteen (awesome!), including 4th and 5th FPs for IASW and Speedway/princess combo. Now back at YC at pool with 6th FPs for Test Track at 5:45....

Also, its not technically busy season but all sides of all rides so far are open and tons of CMs seen being super efficient.

Aww...what a great report!

Wow you’ve done so much! We’re also here now at the Yacht Club for the first time and couldn’t love it more. We also rope dropped animal Kingdom on Thursday which was great because we didn’t have a FOP FastPass otherwise.

Glad you’re having a great trip too!

We left today and had a marvelous trip, aside from the crowds during and after Happily Ever After when a man with a stroller knocked down my 5 year old and didn't even stop to see if she was okay (she was). She's tiny and it's crowded so I can understand not seeing her (she was standing right beside my sister, so it's not like she was standing off by herself or anything), but how do you knock a child over and not at least pause?

Other than that, I found the crowds to be very manageable. We only waited a significant time for TSM.

MsGlasslipper...how are crowds?

My son was in AK yesterday (first day of his trip) and he said the crowds were ridiculous there. There was a post yesterday by another DIS member warning to stay away from AK yesterday. My son said in all the years we've been, even in the middle of summer, he'd never seen AK that crowded. Based on the app and wait times, he thought all the other parks looked okay. I'm interested to hear how it goes for him today. I forget where he is today, maybe HS and MK.

MsGlasslipper...how are crowds?
The only time the crowds have really felt significant to me was last night in Magic Kingdom. Rope dropping AK for EMH was the best thing we could have done. We stayed until about 1, then headed back to the resort until 7 or 8. Then again, the weekend is starting, and I know Friday nights in the Magic Kingdom can be particularly significant, so that could be part of it. Going to Epcot for our last Park day today - will report back. Lots of school and cheer groups wandering around the parks - more than we’ve noticed in the past.

The only time the crowds have really felt significant to me was last night in Magic Kingdom. Rope dropping AK for EMH was the best thing we could have done. We stayed until about 1, then headed back to the resort until 7 or 8. Then again, the weekend is starting, and I know Friday nights in the Magic Kingdom can be particularly significant, so that could be part of it. Going to Epcot for our last Park day today - will report back. Lots of school and cheer groups wandering around the parks - more than we’ve noticed in the past.
There were a bunch on Saturday and Sunday the 5 & 6 too.

Oh also, the security lines at MK last night around 6/6:30 were longer than we expected. Typhoon Lagoon was a breeze yesterday though, even though we got there around noon!

Oh also, the security lines at MK last night around 6/6:30 were longer than we expected. Typhoon Lagoon was a breeze yesterday though, even though we got there around noon!
Yeah...a vlogger named Spokesmayne was doing a live stream from Typhoon Lagoon the exact same time you were there on Youtube! They started around noon and streamed for a couple of hours. Check it out as you may be in it!

P.S. Yes...Typhoon Lagoon seemed empty even though it was such a warm day.

Yeah...a vlogger named Spokesmayne was doing a live stream from Typhoon Lagoon the exact same time you were there on Youtube! They started around noon and streamed for a couple of hours. Check it out as you may be in it!

P.S. Yes...Typhoon Lagoon seemed empty even though it was such a warm day.
Ha cool! Will check it out. So many people seemed to be walking around with go pros- wonder if I saw him!

Sounds amazing and gives me great hope for our last minute trip!! Thanks and how many in your FastPass party?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter