At 825 we are in the front of the line about to be moved closer to temp screening. This is like behind us. Again it’s 825 for an offical 10am opening. And for some reason disboards always loads my pictures sideways
Oh boy, I won't be doing that. That's crazy.

I read here and follow bloggers and look up park info constantly leading up to our trip. I know y’all are saying you have to have a plan but I have wry young kids that will only be interested in MMRR and Slinky for the most part. Everything else will just be bonus. How do you plan a HS day without waking at the crack of Dawn for pre RD rides and still have a good day because my babies wouldn’t do well getting in line at 730 or be able to make it all day in the park and we have reserve for lunch currently and I have a late reservation at Beaches that I’m trying to find an earlier seating.
We also have young kids, so no Uber to the gas station for us. Assuming you’ll have a car, be in line for parking by 9:00. We lucked out and got there right as they started allowing cars to line up at 8:50something (vs loop around), so we were maybe 30 cars back. They will open the parking lot around 9:15. Don’t dawdle - speed walk your way through temp check, entry and straight to MMRR. Then straight to Slinky. Watch the clock for 10 to make sure you can try for a BG. Hit Aliens and Mania. Then the rest of the day is just a “bonus” We actually went back to the hotel at that point and swam until our BG was called, because lines were too long for us. When we returned around 2:00, wait times were more reasonable (but still longer than we were willing to wait for MMRR and Slinky).

I am wondering something about the DHS crowding. When they figure 25% capacity, they must not take into account the areas of the park that are closed. If they took out those areas, then numbers would go down. With that park being as small as it is, I think they should have taken that into account.
The other thing to consider is that DHS has a smaller footprint and less attractions currently open. 25% of capacity have a much greater space to spread out in in AK and Epcot and even the MK. DHS is just smaller by nature which to me always makes it feel more congested.

I had a 7:35 ADR there and decided to switch it to a 7:10 at Ale & Compass for that very reason. You can do mobile order at Boardwalk Bakery tho
You can walk to HS from YC? Hmm... I also have a 7:35 at Trattoria and thought I would have enough time, but maybe I will reconsider...

How long do you have to get back when your BG is called? I'm guessing you drove back since you had a car?
It used to be 2 hours, but I’m pretty sure it was 1 hour this time. You can see when they are getting closer to your group, so we went back shortly before our group was called and walked in the park right before they called our group (we were 53). We had driven that morning but were checking into Riviera that day, so when we returned to HS in the afternoon we took the Skyliner. But driving would have worked, too.

Generally speaking, have Slinky Dog or Smugglers Run wait times been higher during the day? We are hoping to ride MMRR prior to 10am next week, and then trying to decide our next move from there. We have a 10:15 Oga's reservation (only time I could get), so my time before that will be limited. I thought it would make more sense to do Smugglers Run due to proximity, but if it would be doable to knock out Slinky Dog and make it to the ADR on time, then I would prefer to do that. I don't mind waiting 45-60 minutes in a queue later on in the day, but anything longer than that we'd likely pass on.

So it’s 909 and we are first in line for Mickey Minnie runway railway. However.. they have folks outside of the ride with signs for ALL rides stating “you can get in line but it won’t start operating until 10am” so idk the early rides may be done with. We shall see.

So it’s 909 and we are first in line for Mickey Minnie runway railway. However.. they have folks outside of the ride with signs for ALL rides stating “you can get in line but it won’t start operating until 10am” so idk the early rides may be done with. We shall see.
Oh wow! Let us know how that goes. That would be a game changer, for sure.

Here now.

Crowds... Maybe not helpful to say, but whether or not it seems crowded this week probably depends on your comfort level and/or how risk averse you are. Most of the time, we felt there was PLENTY of room to remain far enough away from others. But in a few choke points, we felt crowded and unable to stay as far away. But we were moving and only took about one minute to get past the logjam.

Wait times... overall good. I did notice high wait times on many attractions on MDE at various times throughout the day, but we just kept checking and went when times dropped (with a few exceptions).

Monday, Oct 19th - Animal Kingdom

At rope drop, we went on other rides first before Pandora.
Safari: 15 minutes posted - walk-on.
Everest: 20 minutes posted - waited 16 minutes (glad we did this early, it was down the rest of the day).
Dinosaur: 25 minutes posted (jumped to 45 right after we got in line) - waited 25 minutes.
TTBAB: 15 minutes posted - walk-on to the "lobby" and just had to wait about 10 minutes for the next show to start.
Picked up mobile order lunch at Satuli Canteen around 12:30 (waited maybe 5 minutes after clicking "I'm here").

It started raining pretty heavily, but fortunately we were sitting under the covered area eating. It let up to a sprinkle by the time we finished eating.

Flight of Passage: 80 minutes posted (decided to chance it taking less and it looked like some people got out of line because of the earlier monsoon) - we waited 55 minutes and didn't mind... always rode it with FP before and we really enjoyed seeing the rest of the queue. It didn't seem like an hour to us because we entertained ourselves in line.

Gorilla Trail: not crowded at all, got a great view of the whole family (including baby) sitting right next to the glass because it was raining lightly again.

When we exited the trail (around 4pm) the monsoon started again and we got soaked. Navi was posted as 35 minutes, but we opted to leave early instead of standing in the rain. We also skipped the Tiger trail because of the rain, but we'll be back at AK on Saturday.

Heading out for a relaxing resort day now, but will provide a summary of Tuesday (DHS) and Wednesday (EPCOT) when I have some more time tonight.

More details to come, but just a quick comment... we rode Millennium Falcon before 10 am on Tuesday (walk-on), then got a ROTR BG (BG 9) at 10am and rode MF again at 10:05 (20 minute wait) before getting called for ROTR.

We'll be at DHS again on Sunday. It'll be interesting to see how things change because we were considering Slinky at RD that day.

More details to come, but just a quick comment... we rode Millennium Falcon before 10 am on Tuesday (walk-on), then got a ROTR BG (BG 9) at 10am and rode MF again at 10:05 (20 minute wait) before getting called for ROTR.
Yeah up until 10 all the reports I read said similar things but they are being pretty direct today that nothing will start operating until 10am. I asked at mickeys “are other rides operating early” and they said “all rides intend to start at 10am”

So we are in line for r
ilway and they have stopped people from getting in line saying the queue is full

930. We are still first in line for railway. If other rides are starting early I’m gonna be annoyed lol! Guess I could be at work..

Ive said this on several threads now but if you're getting an adr or mobile order for the sole purpose of being able to be dropped off and not really interested in the food, being dropped off and walking from the speedway station is your closest bet
That would be me. I will be solo and the thought of being dropped off at a gas station give me anxiety. (Have to manage my triggers.) Great suggestion though. Thank you.
I never have time to walk the Boardwalk, and I bet it’s absolutely beautiful at 7AM. Just checked out the selection at Boardwalk Bakery. I didn’t know they had breakfast sandwiches. Canceling my Trattoria ADR. 😁

That would be me. I will be solo and the thought of being dropped off at a gas station give me anxiety. (Have to manage my triggers.) Great suggestion though. Thank you.
I never have time to walk the Boardwalk, and I bet it’s absolutely beautiful at 7AM. Just checked out the selection at Boardwalk Bakery. I didn’t know they had breakfast sandwiches. Canceling my Trattoria ADR. 😁
why does it give you anxiety?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter