Reminder:

There is opportunity for so much great information to be provided here about actual experiences people are having at Disney (both good and bad) and we want that to continue but if this thread continues to veer off topic re: what should Disney do about masks or similar, the moderators will have no choice but to close this valuable thread.

Let's stay on topic and get back to sharing only actual experiences and it can stay open.

We are here now. My son and I rope dropped MK from AOA using the bus. The bus arrived to the resort stop by 6:32 am. We were to MK before 7, so we had to sit on the bus until 7. After getting temp checked and scanned, we ended up being the first ones through the castle for the day as we headed to PP. most were going to SDMT I think. We were there until 11 and rode 10 rides (Splash was down most of the time). MK was getting pretty crowded when we left. Just a note that the bus that picked us up to bring us back to AOA was not a Disney-named bus. It was called “Academy” or something similar and was parked there waiting for us.

just returned, was there april 25th - 30th. last day cheer groups arrived so, the parks felt absolutely packed. earlier in the week, not so much.

they need to crank up the distancing announcements in other languages. that seems to be an issue for some but mostly people doing the right thing. interesting observation, when mom and dad can't wear masks properly, neither can their precious snowflakes but most people following the rules and cm's on hand to remind them when they aren't. i don't understand what is so difficult about it personally.

they're using a mix of disney and coach busses between resorts and parks which is strange. they mostly run on time. i mentioned in another thread skyliner broke down one night after epcot closed and it was mayhem. total customer service fail. took some people hours to get back to the skyliner resorts. we had to walk all the way over to the boardwalk to try to catch a bus and i was rescued by a lovely family and shared their taxi.

epcot is a hot mess and i look forward to seeing that done. entrance looks lovely but the middle is still a construction site. ratatouille entrance looks all done and lovely, can't wait to see it open.

i've been to disney a few times during the pandemic but not sure i'll return any time soon, the parks and pools at resorts were just way too crowded for my liking compared to other trips in january and this past fall.

The coach busses are an emergency fix to deal with the crowds. It's a company from NJ here for at least a month. They started on Tuesday.
The coach buses worry me because the drivers will be clueless as to how to get anywhere and there are so many places to get!

honestly, i didn't experience any issues with the coach busses, drivers were super nice, too - guessing they're happy to be in florida for a month!
Same. Our driver was so nice. We were the only ones on the bus. I gave him some grapes that we had from breakfast.

If you read reviews here, you'll see you have to be up early, at the parks early, then gone mid-day if you want to maximize your experience. We've been five times since August and think we have a pretty good pulse on how it is currently. I've been very vocal about holding WDW to a higher standard and them not delivering on a few fronts during this time. CMs have to put safety first right now, we cannot hold that against them. I haven't heard anyone yelled at over megaphone, but I can say the amount of people not wearing a mask correctly or following rules is just an insane amount that Disney cannot keep up with. Full price for a less than experience is my largest gripe. No FP, no extra hours, no parades, no fireworks, limited everything including transportation, entertainment, dining, lodging, and yes, "magic" too. October could be a different story though so sit tight.

Everyone should just drop what they think 35% should look like because it doesn't look like that. It will look and feel like a normal day most of the time.
Can you give me an idea of how early the buses run in the morning and how early the parks seem be opening before posted opening time? I"m looking for recent info, I know it's been changing weekly.

For those that have park hopped, how was transportation from park to park? From reading people's strategies, I've confirmed my plan to get up early, RD, return to POP for break and head to another park late afternoon. But just in case something changes, I wanted to know how did you find transportation from one park to another?

Last edited:
For those that have park hopped, how was transportation from park to park? From reading people's strategies, I've confirmed my plan to get up early, RD, return to POP for break and head to another park late afternoon. But just in case something changes, I wanted to know how did you find transportation from one park to another?
Skyliner, boat or walk between DHS and Epcot.
Buses between the rest.

Wasn’t there a “map” posted in this thread awhile back? Like somebody made a map then drew on it where the lines are snaked so you can get a better idea? Does anyone know what I’m talking about or maybe it was a different thread.....
I don’t recall a map, but if you’re wanting FOP, markers start on the right side as you enter Pandora. The left side is for Navi. If you follow the markers on the right, you’ll eventually find the end of the line and a CM with the sign, which can be almost to Africa. I’ll also add that in December, the line started near the Pandora bridge.
Here's a sample of morning lines I have seen during my trips since WDW reopened last July. The lines are physically long but tend to move quickly. Lines also tend to shrink in length in the afternoon.

Still, I suspect Disney plans to increase theme park capacity soon, so who knows what will happen to lines and wait times.

Slinky Dog Dash:

Flights of Passage:

Frozen Ever After:

Seven Dwarves Mine Train:

Wasn’t there a “map” posted in this thread awhile back? Like somebody made a map then drew on it where the lines are snaked so you can get a better idea? Does anyone know what I’m talking about or maybe it was a different thread.....

I personally think this level of detail/analysis is a little overkill and line length can obviously be highly variable at any moment in time (and it’s just not that hard to figure things out when there anyway), but Disney Food Blog recently did a series of posts where the added that detail to Disney’s maps - that may be what you are thinking about:

MK - https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2021/03/20/the-magic-kingdom-map-that-disney-wont-print/

Epcot - https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2021/03/23/the-only-map-you-need-to-conquer-epcot/

DHS - https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2021/03/28/we-just-made-hollywood-studios-10x-easier-to-navigate/

DAK - https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2021...ow-but-we-have-a-way-to-fix-that/#more-471700

Hope that helps!

Here's a sample of morning lines I have seen during my trips since WDW reopened last July. The lines are physically long but tend to move quickly. Lines also tend to shrink in length in the afternoon.

Still, I suspect Disney plans to increase theme park capacity soon, so who knows what will happen to lines and wait times.

Slinky Dog Dash:
View attachment 572103

Flights of Passage:
View attachment 572104

Frozen Ever After:
View attachment 572105

Seven Dwarves Mine Train:
View attachment 572106
Thank you for this. How do you find where the line starts? Some of the “starting points” for the line seem so far from the attraction. I’m afraid I’ll be even further behind because I’ll be walking in circles looking for where the line starts.

Thank you for this. How do you find where the line starts? Some of the “starting points” for the line seem so far from the attraction. I’m afraid I’ll be even further behind because I’ll be walking in circles looking for where the line starts.
They have CMs stationed with “end of line here” signs. It’s pretty easy to just follow the people until you see the sign but if you’re in doubt at all just ask a CM and they’ll point you in the right direction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter