Disney might have to do it this way for years, and even after a successful vaccine, they should consider sticking with a low capacity reservation system. Of course, the only way to do so profitably would be to initiate big price jumps. I believe it would be worth it for them, and even worth it for the fans, because you're paying more, but you're also getting a higher quality vacation -- and you can experience WDW in fewer days.

A couple years from now, masks may or may not be necessary. But, let's face it, the overcrowding has been insane in recent years, and necessitated elaborate strategies and planning. Currently, you can just show up and waltz right onto rides -- the low planning, stress free WDW vacation that people have been dreaming of.

Post-Covid (and all of us are looking forward to putting the damn virus in the rear view mirror) should Disney REALLY go back to their "pack 'em in at all costs" sardine can policies?

Last edited by a moderator:
So are the buses not going to be running around an hour before park opening like before?
To be clear, under normal conditions, the Disney resort-to-park buses never started running "around an hour before park opening." (That was a very often repeated myth.)

If the park buses only started running an hour before park opening time, no resort guests could get to their before-opening ADR meals or pre-opening activities (like tours and Bibbity Bobbity Boutique.)
The park buses (under normal conditions) began running about 6:30AM, or so, every day.

However, under the current conditions, I don't know when they start operating.

I might get lynched for saying this, but what the heck, I already said it (more or less) back in April. Disney might have to do it this way for years, and even after a successful vaccine, they should consider sticking with a low capacity reservation system. Of course, the only way to do so profitably would be to initiate big price jumps. I believe it would be worth it for them, and even worth it for the fans, because you're paying more, but you're also getting a higher quality vacation -- and you can experience WDW in fewer days.

A couple years from now, masks may or may not be necessary. But, let's face it, the overcrowding has been insane in recent years, and necessitated elaborate strategies and planning. Currently, you can just show up and waltz right onto rides -- the low planning, stress free WDW vacation that people have been dreaming of.

Post-Covid (and all of us are looking forward to putting the damn virus in the rear view mirror) should Disney REALLY go back to their "pack 'em in at all costs" sardine can policies?
This is certainly not a wonderful park day for my family. I am not there and I am happy for those excited to be there but going to a Disney park just to get on and off rides is not my idea of a dream day. We like the music on Main Street, stage shows, fireworks, meet and greets. Wearing a mask in the heat of the day with so many restrictions and half the magic for my family is so sad. Our magical moments have always been meandering through the park and coming upon Mary Poppins while having a Nutella waffle at Sleepy Hollow or a picture with the Dapper Dans. Although a great start and so happy the parks are open for us it will be a while before it's worth a visit.

The DAK character and entertainment boats are a really cool idea, IMO. Not sure if practical to do if crowds were normal or even a little higher (they create a bit of a mini rush to the few viewing spots on bridges and such when you hear the commotion going by), but this seems like something they could tweak/adjust and continue to do, especially around the RoL theatre where space is abundant. It added a bit spark, excitement to the vibe which I thought was a nice touch. They definitely don’t want you sitting around watching these though - they move quickly along.

DEC5DE08-9754-4A37-B323-A220DDD14AE2.jpeg55078271-59D8-40DE-ACA2-2AD9A17B85C7.jpeg8C6C34C2-3FBC-426A-86B1-A33DA0ED6354.jpeg

For everybody there now,is there EVER a "Heavy feeling" "in the air" because of the Virus situation or is it ALWAYS a "Good Time Rock And Roll Feeling" just like always at WDW?

Thanks.
I felt like everyone was even happier than normal to be at WDW! Mask compliance near 100% at all times and distancing followed - everyone seems to just be happy to be back.

Singing? If I'm singing on a ride, the least of the other guests worries will be covid. :)

In all seriousness, strict mask enforcement by CMs is what I want to see/hear about before our September trip, and will make or break our decision to go. Everything else is just safety theater. I hope they do it.
I saw several managers in the parks who seemed to be walking around to ensure mask compliance. They are definitely making a huge effort to enforce.

More about resorts than parks, but a quick experience observation. At a compact mostly indoors resort like BLT/CR, I definitely saw almost 100% masks. At a place like Poly which is much more spread out and you have to walk quite a bit outdoors to get to your room, you see more down around the chin, off the ear, etc. Not a lot, but some. Disney isn’t the ever-present mask enforcer and spend enough time looking around the resorts and parks and you’ll find various situations that aren’t flawless, but on the whole so far it seems very good.

I'm totally greatful for those of you willing to share your experiences. Im takingvmy daughter August 3rd - she was a Graduating Senior this year - with so many things canceled for her (and many of us), I just agonized with whether or not to postpone our trip. I ultimately had decided to stay the course & move forward when I was able to make reservations for our park day. Hearing the wise tips and suggestions is very helpful.

I do have 1 silly question but ... "how long did your storms last yesterday?" ...
I hear it rains daily in August

I'm totally greatful for those of you willing to share your experiences. Im takingvmy daughter August 3rd - she was a Graduating Senior this year - with so many things canceled for her (and many of us), I just agonized with whether or not to postpone our trip. I ultimately had decided to stay the course & move forward when I was able to make reservations for our park day. Hearing the wise tips and suggestions is very helpful.

I do have 1 silly question but ... "how long did your storms last yesterday?" ...
I hear it rains daily in August
it really depends, regular afternoon storms usually last anywhere from 5 min to maybe a couple of hours, there was a tropical disturbance and that brought rainy weather last week, where it rained off and on all day. We are going through a dry stream for the next couple of days
Best advice is just to bring an umbrella or rain poncho and if you look at the radar and there's a big storm coming seek out one of the relaxation (no mask) zones and go there before it fills to capacity so you have a dry spot to ride the storm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter