I'm not really sure where to post this but I feel sure someone will know.

I see there is a (German?) caramel corn stand or shop in Epcot somewhere. Can someone just tell me- do they make the caramel corn there (i.e. pour caramel over the popcorn they've just popped) or is it premade (presumably elsewhere) and already bagged up?

I prefer the freshly made caramel corn available at California Adventure and my husband prefers the prebagged found at all the other stands in the DLR so I am trying to decide if we want to seek out the Epcot caramel corn.

Thank you!

I see there is a (German?) caramel corn stand or shop in Epcot somewhere. Can someone just tell me- do they make the caramel corn there (i.e. pour caramel over the popcorn they've just popped) or is it premade (presumably elsewhere) and already bagged up?

I prefer the freshly made caramel corn available at California Adventure and my husband prefers the prebagged found at all the other stands in the DLR so I am trying to decide if we want to seek out the Epcot caramel corn.

Thank you!
Yes Karamel Kuche makes it fresh there and bags it and it is sooooo good!

Lots of recent comments on DS feeling overcrowded -- anyone been on a Sunday afternoon? I made a Boathouse lunch reservation for our arrival day (2pm). Has anyone visited recently who could say whether a weekend afternoon was super busy/crazy?

Thank you!
Yes! In the German pavilion they make fresh carmel corn and it is DELICIOUS!!! You will find it beside the cashier in white bags at the Karamell-Kuche store.

I can't count the number of bags we buy to enjoy during our trip plus bring home although it will not stay as fresh as when it's first made.

Yes Karamel Kuche makes it fresh there and bags it and it is sooooo good!
Yes! In the German pavilion they make fresh carmel corn and it is DELICIOUS!!! You will find it beside the cashier in white bags at the Karamell-Kuche store.

I can't count the number of bags we buy to enjoy during our trip plus bring home although it will not stay as fresh as when it's first made.

oh YUM! Thanks so much ! (of course I was hoping it was freshly made!). I'll eat mine there and then my husband can eat his later!

I do the same. I take a gallon zip lock and put the caramel corn in that I plan to take home.

Last edited:

Did you notice if they were doing the custom mixes of the different flavors of chocolate, the ones where you fill a bag or box? Thanks
Sorry, I didn't notice. We were only in there for my girlfriend to find a gift for her mom.

Lots of recent comments on DS feeling overcrowded -- anyone been on a Sunday afternoon? I made a Boathouse lunch reservation for our arrival day (2pm). Has anyone visited recently who could say whether a weekend afternoon was super busy/crazy?

I went on a Sunday afternoon a few weeks ago - got there around 1pm, I guess? It was busy but not crowded like in the evening IMO. The line to get into WoD was 35 minutes (or so the CM announcing said - I didn't wait) and I waited behind 2 parties to get into the toy store (took less than 2 minutes).

I followed this thread religiously to plan for our Oct 18-24 trip. The advice here is invaluable! I won’t rehash every detail but thought I would share how things were at the beginning of each day.

Our park days were Monday-Friday, we stayed at CBR and we were a party of 3 (2 adults and an almost 3 yo)

-Monday was our Epcot day. We got in line for the skyliner around 9:45 and the line was pretty long, but we were in our gondola by 10:25. There wasn’t really any line when we got to Epcot, however for some reason our magic bands weren’t showing us as checked in to our resort and therefore weren’t working so we had to go to guest services to get that handled, which took forever. Once we were done and made a beeline for Frozen Ever After it was 11:00 by the time we got in line. We were on the ride in about 45 minutes but the time passed quickly.
-Tuesday was Magic Kingdom. We got in the bus line around 7:50 and were inside the park by 8:30. We didn’t have anything we felt we had to rush to so we rode Buzz Lightyear, Tomorrowland speedway (3 times in a row), and the Teacups (4 times) by 9:30. We did some other stuff in fantasy land and then were hungry so had a snack at Gaston’s and by the time we were done there it was 11 and things were getting more crowded.
-Wednesday was Animal Kingdom. AK was opening at 9 that day and we got in the bus line at 8. We were very lucky and jumped ahead in line because the last spots on the bus were for a party of 3 and everyone ahead of us in line had more than that. We were on the bus by 8:20 and went right to FoP when we got in the park. I didn’t keep track of timing but my husband was in line before they opened the ride and we were both off of it (rider swap) by 10:00. There was a 120 minute wait time posted when I got off of the ride so I considered it a success.
-Thursday was DHS. We were in line for the skyliner by 8:30 and were in the park by 9:15. We went right to MMRR and this was the day that they didn’t open the ride until right before 10 so we did miss out on the pre-opening benefit of DHS but the wait time for that ride was crazy for the rest of the day and we really wanted to ride it so I’m glad we got it done first thing. It was also nice to be settled in line somewhere at 10 (and we successfully got a BG) but I know that’s not a concern anymore.
-Friday we went back to MK. In line for the bus around 8, in the park by 8:30. We walked on to Peter Pan and then rode the carousel several times as walk ons. It was definitely more crowded on this day versus earlier in the week.

I just wanted to share the above to show that we didn’t have to leave crazy early to get a jump start on the crowds. We also were able to do everything we wanted at each park and other than Frozen Ever After, FoP, and MMRR we never waited more than about 30 minutes, 45 max, just by keeping an eye on wait times.

Overall I felt it was definitely worth it to go and I’d do it again in a heartbeat!

Drawing class... animator teaches you how to draw a Disney character.
DD and I would do this every trip when it was at DHS! Is there a schedule of times somewhere? Do you have to sign up in advance? Sounds like it’s over at Conservation Station?

We were there 10/20-10/27/2020. We were on the fence until about 6 weeks prior. Read many trip reports and saw lot's of pictures too.

Just some random thoughts -

JetBlue - Airport empty (it was early) went right through TSA. We were given snack in a ziplock bag and wipes in a sealed packet before boarding

JetBlue - coming home - airport empty, went straight through TSA again. We were given snacks the "usual way" and sanitizers again before boarding.

Magical Express - we did not wait more than 5 minutes. No one sat in front of us, behind us or across from us.

Mobile ordering - many places - mostly the parks - want you to really use mobile ordering. You can't go inside and sit beforehand until your order is ready.

Resort - we did not mobile order even though we could

Very impressed with all the measures they have taken.

There are hand sanitizer dispensers before entering and when exiting every ride (from what I noticed)

Also hand sanitizers in all shops - many have one entrance for entering and different one for exiting
Pool areas have sanitizing dispensers by the towels

There are makeshift sinks through the parks if you don't want to run into the restroom every minute

The "stand here" signs on the ground are everywhere for every ride. The row to your right and left have markings further apart so they are not standing/waiting next to you. When this cannot be done, there are plexiglass or plastic dividers up.

You are in your own car or there are more than two rows behind you/in front of you empty. The safari and the Land ride have plastic wall in between the rows. Some rides - like Haunted Mansion - they skip a car, etc. Just to give an idea. When you get off the ride, if you move along (sometime hard to do if you want to use hand sanitizer), the people behind you won't be on your back.

We only took the busses - we never waited more than 5 minutes - most of the time the bus was there or came right after we go to the stop and many times it was just DH and I or one or two other family/couple/group. They also have dividers up. The bus driver might tell you the number to sit in. Some don't because you have the whole bus to yourselves.

Skyliner - you have your own
Elevator sign - go in with just your group (BCV) -

There are signs everywhere and PA announcements constantly to wear your mask and cover your nose and mouth.

There is always someone here and there who is not covering up their nose. Only twice we saw a CM tell a guest to cover up. This could have been done more. Once or twice we saw a family take off their mask while waiting in line on a ride (inside where no one could see them). We just stayed back further/skipped 6 feet. We did this also when the group in front of us was more than two. Hard to stay away 6 feet so we would skip a "wait here" sign the one after - making it 8-10 feet.

Many people either forget, get distracted, are on their phone and come right behind you. If you turn around and look at the ground behind you, we found they quickly got the hint. Only once my DH and I commented that they don't get it, see it and not paying attention. We said it nicely, they picked up on it and followed the rest of the way. I am not there to start an argument with anyone. I would have let them just pass us if they did not stop doing that.

One of the restaurants - Paddlefish - gave us a small paper bag to put our mask in - this was a nice touch and the only place that did this out of the three TS restaurants we dined in.

We saw constant cleaning/wiping of benches, railings, seats, tables, etc. We saw some tables with signs - not in use for your safety, etc. We also saw signs everywhere including pool areas - do not move tables or chairs they have been placed 6 feet apart for your safety, etc.

They do count people entering a store. The only shops that had a long line outside that we saw and experienced was the Leggo store and the World of Disney shop at DS.

DS - much more relaxed and crowded. A little harder to keep your distance depending on the time/day.

You are not allowed to sit at the bar at the resorts but is allowed at DS.

Weekends are definitely busier.

Of course things might change today, tomorrow, next week. They are trying and have put a lot of thought into it. I think the CMs could be enforcing a tiny bit more but overall, we were very impressed and happy we went. We really needed it to survive the winter indoors.

It's long and I am sure I will think of something else once I post :)

Last edited:
So .. for those who have gone .. are the bus waits as crazy as expected? If we drive, should we just take our own car to the parks?

What about the Skyliner? How long of waits is that for RopeDrop to DHS or Epcot?

How are waits for things like the monorail and boat at the TTC?

Just curious how I should plan a trip in January (AoA). I may drive to the farther away parks (MK/AK) .. besides the kids have never experienced going on the boat.

Only holding a few parties per bus makes sense, but seems like it will just be horribly long waits for buses unless they have them lined up ready to go at each resort.

This is all going to change tomorrow with the changes to how BGs are obtained so current information isn’t very relevant.
You think it will greatly change the demand to get to DHS at RD? *shrug* .. If it was me .. I'd still want to get to DHS earlier than Rope Drop just to rush to get on MMRR, MFSR or SDD before the lines get long. The BG change just gives people the relaxing freedom of not having to worry about being on your phone right at 10:00 AM while inside the park trying to do something else.

So .. sure .. some people now may not worry about getting to DHS early, but at the same time with 3 other very new and very popular rides, the park will still be in high demand to get there as early as possible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter