• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We went to Epcot today. We walked over from the Beach Club and waited until just about 10:15am for them to open. We rope dropped Test Track. They weren’t doing the “build your car” segment. I’m not sure if that’s because it was before official park open or if it’s a COVID thing. We waited maybe 10-15 minutes to get on. We hit up mission space next with a posted 25 minute wait. We waited 15 minutes. After that, we booked it to Soarin because I know that line builds like crazy. It was a posted 35 minute wait. We waited about 20-25. The queue had a game you could log into. We’ve always used the fast pass line so I’ve never seen that before. It was a pretty fun way to pass the time. After Soarin, we went to Nemo and checked out the Seas. Then it was off to see the butterflies. Speaking of butterflies, they had the most adorable butterfly wings on the construction walls that you could use for pictures. I thought that was very cool, especially now that you can take your mask off for pics.
We had Le Cellier for lunch at 2pm and it was delicious...My steak fanatic husband was very pleased.
Test Track's pre-show is one that is not currently running.

Been here for a few days now with Table Service dining every day and today was the first time we were asked to keep our masks on until we're actively eating and drinking once we were seated. We had our drinks within minutes so it really didn't last long? Strangely, it was probably at the most spaced out restaurant we've hit yet (Hollywood & Vine in DHS). It's a miracle we're getting reservations in any of these places with such few tables. 😂 Food was so, so good though.

Been here for a few days now with Table Service dining every day and today was the first time we were asked to keep our masks on until we're actively eating and drinking once we were seated. We had our drinks within minutes so it really didn't last long? Strangely, it was probably at the most spaced out restaurant we've hit yet (Hollywood & Vine in DHS). It's a miracle we're getting reservations in any of these places with such few tables. 😂 Food was so, so good though.
Back in March, Brown Derby was the only restaurant we ate at that requested that as well.

I believe ROTR is about the only one running.
It is running, sometimes. Other times they completely bypass the entire pre-show section (like last week when they didn’t have it going on my one and only HS day)

Some one else stated Brown Derby was the only one they were asked at. Last week, The one and only place we were asked to keep it on was at Ogas. Maybe it is a HS thing?

It must be a HS thing. When we were there last week, we had to keep our masks on until we got our drinks at 50’s and Sci Fi. None of the other TS we went to at the other parks made that request. I wonder why they only do that at HS?

Some one else stated Brown Derby was the only one they were asked at. Last week, The one and only place we were asked to keep it on was at Ogas. Maybe it is a HS thing?

That's good to hear! I got a reservation to Oga's for after closing time but was feeling nervous about it. I thought about just going in to see it and asking if I could just buy a souvenir cup to go. But if people are generally keeping masks on there, we might try a drink. I still think I'll ask them if I can pay right away when I order, that way I can leave ASAP if I start feeling uncomfortable...

We went to Epcot today. We walked over from the Beach Club and waited until just about 10:15am for them to open. We rope dropped Test Track.
We walked to Epcot around 10:10 am from the Yacht Club and then walked straight to Test Track along with you. ;)

We arrived at the Mexico Pavilion a little before 11am. There wasn't any line for the Grand Fiesta ride at that time. :)

That's good to hear! I got a reservation to Oga's for after closing time but was feeling nervous about it. I thought about just going in to see it and asking if I could just buy a souvenir cup to go. But if people are generally keeping masks on there, we might try a drink. I still think I'll ask them if I can pay right away when I order, that way I can leave ASAP if I start feeling uncomfortable...
I was at Oga’s last month and everyone took masks off right away when seated. So I’d say YMMV on this.

So....universal seating like “the before times” today. I was wondering about the extremely short wait times and we went on Gringotts and they had ppl scoot down to seat every seat and I said “oh I didn’t know you were doing that” and the TM said “we just started”
Edited: wanted to add that they have 3’ distancing signs and tape but that’s not happening anywhere except the very final boarding area of hogworts where they ironically have people waiting in staggered formation at 6’ for the last two minutes before boarding and are still putting one party per car. Hagrids is listed at 45-60 minutes and we are walking on for the third time as I type total wait has been ten minutes just walking the whole time bc they are starting the que back in Poseidon theatre but the actual que is pure walkthrough. They are letting groups into the actual que to walk straight on every few minutes it’s very odd.

Last edited:
Just back from Disney, and really enjoyed our trip despite the heat. Crowds felt almost like normal for early May. During the afternoons walkways were crowded but still easy enough to navigate. Social distancing in the lines was OK, and most people tried to follow the markings, though not all. You can tell that the feeling is much more relaxed. The general worry/tension has mostly disappeared. It was the most normal Disney has felt in my four trips since WDW reopened.

My parents in their 80s both used scooters and didn’t have any trouble getting around through the crowds. The heat was a challenge, though. Dad had been planning to walk the parks, but realized the first night that he’d better not. He ordered a scooter from Scooterbug, which he picked up at bell services in the morning. It was smooth sailing after that.

I rope dropped every day, and those first two hours before the heat and crowds built were the most enjoyable. Getting out of bed was hard but well worth it!

My AP expires today, and luckily I have another one on my account that I purchased before the big price increase, so I still feel Disneyfied, lol. I will not activate it until masks are not required, so that my husband and special needs son, who cannot wear a mask, can come too.

Good luck to everyone visiting soon! It’s so exciting that more things are opening every week. It’s still CovidDisney with masks and limited dining capacity, but the feeling of moving toward normalcy is palpable. Safe and Happy travels!

Can anyone confirm that “A Celebration of Festival of the Lion King” is debuting today?

Velicicoaster is open and running all day to the general public today as a “technical
Preview”
Edited to add: I was told by the TMs that they will be running it randomly from now until official June 10 opening date. To clarify this means it may not run some days and may run a few hours to all day other days.

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me how mobile ordering works with an AP or DVC discount? Is it applying automatically, or is there something you need to do to activate it during the ordering process?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter