The grumpy CM reminded me that I forgot to mention that in my last day post…..in 7 days we only had one unpleasant encounter and it was our very last night on the way out of the park. I stopped at the photo center to see if they could find two pictures for me that never popped up. I waited behind a family for probably close to 10 min. When it was my turn, the CM told me just a minute and walked away and never came back. I saw her over behind another register chatting with other CM’s and never once looked my way. I waited a few minutes longer and finally a different CM came and helped me. While the original one just stood to the side behind other registers just talking. Not that it was that much of an unpleasant experience per se but it was the only time in 7 days that I experienced anything less than great from them. So all in all, that’s a pretty good success rate in terms of pleasant Cast Members.

Quick Disney Springs recap:
  • didn't have to wait long at all taking the bus there and back from Pop- so far our experience with transportation has been good
  • DS is crowded- make sure to have a dining reservation and don't expect a walk up on the spot- saw lots of unhappy people grumbling about that
  • World of Disney's line was constantly moving- think they only have to slow down the mass of people coming in. Checking out on the app saved us probably a 20 minute wait
  • Lego Store had a huge line that was barely moving but other than that no lines to get inside anywhere else
Oh, and folks aren't kidding about being prepared for rain! I thought I'd be safe to wear to sandals and turns out they were super slippery when it rained so from now on it's park shoes regardless of where we're going! 😂

Quick Disney Springs recap:
  • didn't have to wait long at all taking the bus there and back from Pop- so far our experience with transportation has been good
  • DS is crowded- make sure to have a dining reservation and don't expect a walk up on the spot- saw lots of unhappy people grumbling about that
  • World of Disney's line was constantly moving- think they only have to slow down the mass of people coming in. Checking out on the app saved us probably a 20 minute wait
  • Lego Store had a huge line that was barely moving but other than that no lines to get inside anywhere else
Oh, and folks aren't kidding about being prepared for rain! I thought I'd be safe to wear to sandals and turns out they were super slippery when it rained so from now on it's park shoes regardless of where we're going! 😂
I recall you posting on th DLR board as they were opening. We also decided to take our money to Florida. Just finished 2 days at Universal and yesterday in the Magic Kingdom. The rain was definitely an issue. Soaked sneakers each night. But it cooled things down so we were actually happy for the rain each day. Sort of. ;)

Last edited:

Regular sandals won’t cut it. Hiking sandals are what you want because a good pair will have decent traction and dry quickly. My Tevas are perfect even in torrential downpours like the one I ran into on 6/4 while leaving HS.

Regular sandals won’t cut it. Hiking sandals are what you want because a good pair will have decent traction and dry quickly. My Tevas are perfect even in torrential downpours like the one I ran into on 6/4 while leaving HS.

I know, we were just going for dinner so weren't geared up in park clothes and dressed nice. I was wearing Birkenstocks but apparently those are way too slippery! Or mine are too old. 😂 But lesson learned, don't bother dressing cute because the rain will ruin it!

7:15 tap in, regular rope drop not back, walking into fop now.

Never have done queue before but looks like we are close to inside at 7:30 and line still constantly moving.

Eta to clarify, first tap in at 7:15 we arrived same time as buses. In indoor queue now.

Back resting at the resort after an awesome MK rope drop morning! My son and I decided at the last minute to rope drop MK today before hitting HS tonight.

We got in around 7:45 or so and waited at the bridge to Adventureland. They let us in right at 8. We walked on Pirates, waited around 10 minutes for Big Thunder, walked on Haunted Mansion, waited maybe 1 minute for Under the Sea, grabbed a DAS for Peter Pan’s Flight, saw that Splash was finally open so we made our way back quickly over there where we waited around 20 minutes or so. Exited splash and ordered some Dole Whips, enjoyed those, then went on Peter Pan’s Flight before heading back to Contemporary. We were back around 11:10! It was an awesome morning and I plan to rope drop many more after seeing how well it went.

Thought I'd give a quick DME update- line was long but moved quickly and we were on a bus in less than 10 minutes since they're sitting each row. I could see how it'd be a longer wait if we wouldn't have fit on the bus leaving right away but still, wasn't bad.

Our flight arrives late evening to MCO so rather than waste one of our nights at BLT our plan is to stay at one of the nearby airport hotels and go to BLT next morning. My question is if we shuttle back to the airport the next morning, could we then take DME to our resort?

Flip flops work great for me, but check tread before you go. If they are old and worn down then they are slippery.

Our flight arrives late evening to MCO so rather than waste one of our nights at BLT our plan is to stay at one of the nearby airport hotels and go to BLT next morning. My question is if we shuttle back to the airport the next morning, could we then take DME to our resort?
pretty sure yes - when it asks for your flight info, just put in another flight that arrives that morning.

Back resting at the resort after an awesome MK rope drop morning! My son and I decided at the last minute to rope drop MK today before hitting HS tonight.

We got in around 7:45 or so and waited at the bridge to Adventureland. They let us in right at 8. We walked on Pirates, waited around 10 minutes for Big Thunder, walked on Haunted Mansion, waited maybe 1 minute for Under the Sea, grabbed a DAS for Peter Pan’s Flight, saw that Splash was finally open so we made our way back quickly over there where we waited around 20 minutes or so. Exited splash and ordered some Dole Whips, enjoyed those, then went on Peter Pan’s Flight before heading back to Contemporary. We were back around 11:10! It was an awesome morning and I plan to rope drop many more after seeing how well it went.

Wow! Sounds like a great morning! I may try your strategy and start in Adventureland. I'm guessing most will head towards SDMT. We might try for that later in the day. I'll have to watch wait times.

Yes, just give Disney any flight info. for the day you're wanting to use magical express.

Hi! We did an overnight Tuesday 6/22 to Wednesday 6/23 to celebrate getting our APs back! :cheer2:

Evening at HS

On Tuesday we spent the evening at HS. It was on and off raining for most the evening, actually it was more like sprinkle vs down pour cause I don't think it ever really stopped raining lol. We got into the park about 5 pm, took pictures in front of ToT and got in line for ToT at about 513. Posted time was 15 mins and while in line they opened more queue and the posted time jumped to 20 mins. We waited for the front row and were on the ride at 536. We were off at 541. The rain picked up so we ran for cover in the stores on Sunset, waited for it to lighten, and then headed to Star Tours which was posted 5 mins. We had good timing and literally walked straight onto the ride at 555. We waited in the store for a bit to see if the rain would lighten before heading to Muppets. We got into muppets and had bad timing, just missing the show. So we headed back into the rain again. Smugglers Run was posted 35 minutes so we headed over there. We got in line at 618, on the ride at 636, and off at 644. We were shook that we got on so fast considering the posted wait and how heavy the rain was! We moved onto Toy Story Land, walking on the saucers at 651 (posted 10 mins), hitting the bathroom, and then getting in line for TSM (posted 20 mins). We got in line at 702 and were off the ride at 738. The park was set to close at 8 so we quickly got in line for MMRR. We were on the ride at 809. This was our first time riding MMRR and we loved it! We didn't have any idea going what it would be like going into it and we were all excited by the technology! So fun! Def felt like a mix of ROTR and Spider Man at Universal.

We left the park straight away, no shopping this time, cause the rain was absolutely pouring in side ways! We had placed a mobile order at Ale & Compass so we drove over to the Yacht Club. The guard gate made us press the "I'm here" button in front of her, and while I understand trying to maintain security, at that time of night and with the rain, who is realistically trying to subvert the rules and park at the Yacht Club?? We were concerned about the food being prepared too fast and getting chilly, which happened back in March when we mobile ordered at Ale & Compass. Thankfully the food came out piping hot and delicious! Highly recommend their burgers and the saffron risotto cakes!! We ate at a table in the hallway to the left of the lounge and the joint was poppin due to a conference or something being held there. Grateful we had good timing with seating! 🙏 We picked up some treats to go from the market and made our way to the Double Tree for the night.

MK RD

On Wednesday we planned to RD MK. Thankfully we had learned on Monday that they were doing a formal RD so we could plan better. We parked at the TTC and were in the park by 725. We took a couple pictures on Main Street before moving to the bridge to Tomorrowland where they held us until 8:01 am. Then it was a classic mad dash to get to Space Mountain. They had an outdoor rope queue set up which caused a bit of chaos trying to bottleneck the crowd. 🙄 They had both sides going thank God and we were off the ride by 823. We went to Buzz which was posted 5 minutes and walked straight on. We rode it a second time and walked on again, albeit a little slower because people were walking slow lol. When we got off our second Buzz it was 840 and we headed over to BTMR. We got in line at 850 and it was posted 5 minutes. While in line they opened more of the queue and the posted time changed to 10 minutes. We waited for the back and were on the ride at 904 and off the ride at 910. We had a quick water break and headed to Pirates which was posted 5 minutes. We got in line at 914, the posted time changed to 10 minutes at 916, then 20 minutes at 919. I didn't record when we got on the ride but we were off at 935, so 21 minutes total from entering the line to getting off the ride. We had a Dole Whip and bathroom break before heading to Philharmagic. Both Dole Whip places, Aloha Isle and Sunshine Tree Terrace were scheduled to open at 10 but both were open early when we went at 942. Both places had only two people working, and one was a trainee, so the waits were longer than expected but the whips were delicious! We got in line for Philharmagic at 1029 with a posted 10 minute wait. I forgot to write down how long we waited and what time we got done but we headed out of the park afterwards. We did some shopping on Main Street and were out of the park by 1130.

Thoughts
Overall the crowds at rope drop weren't bad and the wait times did fluctuate a lot throughout the morning so I highly suggest continually checking the app for line updates. Our plan was to hit the rides that consistently get high wait times right away: Space, Buzz, BTMR, and Pirates and we were able to do all of them by 935 with basically no waits. We definitely could have continued on with the "2nd tier" rides with minimal waits but we were pooped from our HS evening the night before and we're FL residents so we can come back whenever.

As for the HS evening, we were surprised at how much we got done with minimal to okay waits. We've been APs since 2011, save for the covid year, and we're used to not having to wait for really anything ever, so we were definitely concerned about no FP and the post vaccine summer crowds. We focused on lowering our standards about wait times lol and knowing what amount of time was a reasonable amount of time to wait for each ride and that really made for a good experience. It also helped that none of the lines we waited in, save for TSM a couple times, were ever at a stand still for more than like 30 seconds. It really helps when the line at least feels like its continually moving. It was an excellent first trip back to the parks and we're looking forward to many more! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter