I carried a sling style bag with me, holding it out in front of me and did not keep it on my back going through the scanner (this was something one of the security people at the first entrance we made suggested). It also had the zipper in the strap for small items but I did not keep anything there. I had sunscreen carabiner clipped to one of the rings of the bag and our reusable metal straws to another. In the bad were the usual water bottles, snacks, ponchos kind of stuff. I also had in my hands in front of me my cell phone and an umbrella the couple times we took one. Never had an issue with needing additional screening, so I got lucky! I don't think there is any way to know what will or won't set it off.

Tried that too--set it off and over to the table I went. Clearly your bag didn't set it off or you would have been asked to step aside. Once the buzz happens--the screening security person doesn't try to figure it out--off to bag check to be told it is your eyeglass case, your camera, blah, blah, blah.

For those that have been in the parks this week how has mask compliance been?
Masks in stores and transportation very good. Few people wearing them outside, even in the big rope drop crowds. In lines everyone has them on, but we are seeing LOTS of noses. We have not witnessed any push back against the CM’s when they ask to pull them up but then they just pull them down again. Bc the crowds have been so low we have been able to self distance with the party in front of us, and haven’t really had creepers behind us. Thankfully lines are so short this week!

It varies, depends on who is around you. Better compliance in Epcot lines, probably due to most being inside. AK lines were so so, especially outside lines...at Kali party in front of us kept taking off, behind us kept on. At Epcot, maybe 25% had masks on outside while walking around, like our party did, the rest had them off even while close to each other during fireworks and while leaving. Bus compliance good so far. We're fully vaxxed and just happy there is more mask usage than before they mandated it again.

Did not see the frontier/adventure side. But we walked the length if the mine train/pooh area and tomorrowland and crowds were pretty light. I would have been comfortable seeing the fireworks there but we already did that (i.e. watched fireworks without projections) the night before so figured if we couldn’t watch from in front if the castle we should just leave to avoid a long post fireworks wait for the bus.
Are they allowing people to watch HEA from the flagpole area? And it also sounds like watching from "behind" in Fantasyland, etc might be a better choice if we wanted to avoid the crowds at the hub?

They also make silicon tips you can put on the ends of the metal straws, it's my preferred way. I don't like the flexibility of a full silicon straw and I don't like the mouth feel of a metal this way I get the best of both.

This is what we have - love them! And different colors means you can also keep track of everyone's drink.

We got back Sun. night. To us mask compliance was so-so. Pretty good indoors (although we always saw noses out,) but in outside ques I'd say it was 70%ish wearing them the whole time. I think if you're going during cooler months that'll be better. We had an entire family not wear masks at all in the line for Everest intil they went to load and the cm told them to. One morning at Peter pan a family made it all the way to load and didn't have masks. They tried to tell the cm theyd just cover their face with their shirts. Eventually another cm came over and told them they'd have to go get masks but they could come back in the fastpass line. - It was a bit annoying because they totally stopped the line. They didn't load anyonfor about 10-15 ships.

On transportation masks were better, although I will say I got on a few times forgetting to put my mask on and the driver didn't say anything. I always remembered shortlist after sitting down and put it on, but it was a bit odd because some drivers/captains wouldn't let you on until you masked up and others seemed to forget a about it. Outdoors walking around we didn't see a lot of masks...even in the sea of humanity waiting for fireworks.

We got back Sun. night. To us mask compliance was so-so. Pretty good indoors (although we always saw noses out,) but in outside ques I'd say it was 70%ish wearing them the whole time. I think if you're going during cooler months that'll be better. We had an entire family not wear masks at all in the line for Everest intil they went to load and the cm told them to. One morning at Peter pan a family made it all the way to load and didn't have masks. They tried to tell the cm theyd just cover their face with their shirts. Eventually another cm came over and told them they'd have to go get masks but they could come back in the fastpass line. - It was a bit annoying because they totally stopped the line. They didn't load anyonfor about 10-15 ships.

On transportation masks were better, although I will say I got on a few times forgetting to put my mask on and the driver didn't say anything. I always remembered shortlist after sitting down and put it on, but it was a bit odd because some drivers/captains wouldn't let you on until you masked up and others seemed to forget a about it. Outdoors walking around we didn't see a lot of masks...even in the sea of humanity waiting for fireworks.

Bought the mask lanyards from Amazon before our list trip, because I ALWAYS forget to put it on--- made it so much easier to remember ! :))

Probably the most vital purchase for my trip from last week was that lanyard. Once I got those on my masks and my kids' masks it was a game changer.
My kids are in the rainbow loom phase and have started a little cottage industry selling custom ones for $3 (no I am not soliciting any business!). We have pretty strict masking requirements where we are, so it's very helpful to have a lanyard.

We went to Epcot and Hollywood Studios today. Masks were worn properly while inside for the most part. It was nice to see. We are not using Disney transportation nor are we eating inside of any restaurants, so I cannot speak to compliance there. There is ZERO social distancing. I try to self social distance, but people are in their own bubble and do not read body language so I have had to kinda just deal with it. My entire party is fully vaccinated, which helps with my anxiety.

We rope dropped Epcot. Walked onto almost everything. Crowds seem light. It is also super hot (hello August in FL). No real waits for F&W booths. We hopped to HS and waited about 15 min for ToT and 20 min for RRC. We did take the gondolas for that and had our own compartment. After HS, we Ubered back to the Treehouse Villas.

I did not notice any trash overflowing and only a few had sanitizer dispensers were out of sanitizer. Weirdly, all the dispensers around RRC were out and that is one place you NEED hand sanitizer as there is no way to NOT touch shared surfaces.

Let's talk about the THV. Best Kept Secret of Disney. They are amazing. Individual, separate, large enough for 6 adults to have their own sleeping surfaces. We can be loud, the college age children can play their more spicy music without offending anyone, and we can wash all the sweaty clothes at the end of the day. I love them so much we are considering a SSR DVC add-on!

One thing I did not see was too many strollers or young children. There were some, but not like in the past. Perhaps they are in school, perhaps parents are not traveling with them since they are not yet approved for the vaccine.

We went to Epcot and Hollywood Studios today. Masks were worn properly while inside for the most part. It was nice to see. We are not using Disney transportation nor are we eating inside of any restaurants, so I cannot speak to compliance there. There is ZERO social distancing. I try to self social distance, but people are in their own bubble and do not read body language so I have had to kinda just deal with it. My entire party is fully vaccinated, which helps with my anxiety.

We rope dropped Epcot. Walked onto almost everything. Crowds seem light. It is also super hot (hello August in FL). No real waits for F&W booths. We hopped to HS and waited about 15 min for ToT and 20 min for RRC. We did take the gondolas for that and had our own compartment. After HS, we Ubered back to the Treehouse Villas.

I did not notice any trash overflowing and only a few had sanitizer dispensers were out of sanitizer. Weirdly, all the dispensers around RRC were out and that is one place you NEED hand sanitizer as there is no way to NOT touch shared surfaces.

Let's talk about the THV. Best Kept Secret of Disney. They are amazing. Individual, separate, large enough for 6 adults to have their own sleeping surfaces. We can be loud, the college age children can play their more spicy music without offending anyone, and we can wash all the sweaty clothes at the end of the day. I love them so much we are considering a SSR DVC add-on!

One thing I did not see was too many strollers or young children. There were some, but not like in the past. Perhaps they are in school, perhaps parents are not traveling with them since they are not yet approved for the vaccine.

How was Uber experience from you resort to the parks? Any waiting? Responsiveness?

We are planning on Ubering from the airport to the resort (Poly) and not using ME. Also was looking at using Uber to avoid using the buses. I'd be okay with using boats (if availalbe)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter