• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I keep reading reports of tons of people cancelling trips but the resort prices sure don’t reflect that. We’re supposed to be going over Labor Day and I’d love a room discount.
There were room discounts, and in some cases still are, but if people have already snatched them up then you might have lost your chance. I know I'm staying at Poly the week before labor day so no chance at a room discount, but I knew that going in, but room prices won't reflect the current cancelations since Disney doesn't reduce prices when people cancel. On looking from the saturday of labor day weekend on though there are room discounts available, you just have to look (and they're mainly at deluxe resorts at this point, most if not all of the value and moderate discounts have already been snatched up for obvious reasons).

There were room discounts, and in some cases still are, but if people have already snatched them up then you might have lost your chance. I know I'm staying at Poly the week before labor day so no chance at a room discount, but I knew that going in, but room prices won't reflect the current cancelations since Disney doesn't reduce prices when people cancel. On looking from the saturday of labor day weekend on though there are room discounts available, you just have to look (and they're mainly at deluxe resorts at this point, most if not all of the value and moderate discounts have already been snatched up for obvious reasons).
Good advice!
@HaleyR, also check Priceline. The prices on there (transparent) are lower than what the 25% discount is on WDW for the cancelations that have been popping up. I have mid-September dates and not happy with what I booked due to slim pickings with a late in the game planning 4-day trip. Seeing all sorts of stuff starting to pop up in the last day or two.

If you have used Priceline before, you might need to be logged in to see. But I saw Coronado (blind booking) for $169 and All-Star Movies for $80 (transparent). AKL was $329 (transparent).

I'm still holding out as we've done CSR several times since 2019 and not sure I want to do Movies for this particular trip.

Edited to add, the Coronado was on HW as a blind booking, not on Priceline - from what I can tell Priceline doesn't have any hidden deals listed at the moment for Disney hotels.

Masks in stores and transportation very good. Few people wearing them outside, even in the big rope drop crowds. In lines everyone has them on, but we are seeing LOTS of noses. We have not witnessed any push back against the CM’s when they ask to pull them up but then they just pull them down again. Bc the crowds have been so low we have been able to self distance with the party in front of us, and haven’t really had creepers behind us. Thankfully lines are so short this week!
I’m replying to my own quote, bc I needed to update my assessment. My experiences up to that date was at Ep, HS, AK. The next day at MK was a whole different experience. Lots and lots of noses, and people just blatantly not wearing masks. Everywhere. No corrections from CMs other than the initial reminder at the beginning of the line. The following day (weds) at HS was much busier than the extremely slow day that we had on Sun. So it seemed like we saw less mask compliance there as well, but that might just be bc we were spending more time in the lines.

Good advice!
@HaleyR, also check Priceline. The prices on there (transparent) are lower than what the 25% discount is on WDW for the cancelations that have been popping up. I have mid-September dates and not happy with what I booked due to slim pickings with a late in the game planning 4-day trip. Seeing all sorts of stuff starting to pop up in the last day or two.

Oooo thank you! I was able to save $125 + 5% Ratuken cash back AND upgrade my room view for our last night's stay at the Beach Club mid September.

We’re going 9/5-9/8 and the current AP and Florida resident offers end 9/4. I know there is a general offer that goes passed that date

I just saw a Twitter post saying guests were getting chastised for not wearing masks on Splash as it’s considered an inside ride. (Of course this is just heresay.)

I saw the same thing. I’m guessing for rides that are both indoors and outside, they’ll make you mask up. That’s just my guess though…

I saw the same thing. I’m guessing for rides that are both indoors and outside, they’ll make you mask up. That’s just my guess though…

I think it’s gonna be more where the loading zone is. Like big thunder is basically outdoors but load and unload clearly inside .

The 4 of us eligible are fully vaccinated but I have 2 younger kids that weren’t. I was very careful about masks with them as well as hand washing. We were there 2 weeks and have been home 3 days and so far, so good.

I take this back- I am fully vaccinated, yesterday I started feeling a little bad and today tested positive for covid :( Symptoms aren't too terrible, mostly fever.

We’re going 9/5-9/8 and the current AP and Florida resident offers end 9/4. I know there is a general offer that goes passed that date
Yeah, I know, I generally don't reference the AP discounts because I never know who has an AP. I HAD an AP discount for BWI....and Poly called my name so I switched and lost all that discount goodness. I know the 25% isn't much, but it is something

And this is why on the Dis FB post I was like "this isn't going to be confusing or anything" because where do you know what to do with some of these rides? Indoor, then outdoor, then indoor again....and so on. It's just made it so much more confusing, and so much harder for them to police because now people can argue back with them about technicalities. It's not like a lot of people don't already take their mask off anyway when they leave the boarding area though.

I take this back- I am fully vaccinated, yesterday I started feeling a little bad and today tested positive for covid :( Symptoms aren't too terrible, mostly fever.
Would you mind telling me what vaccine you had and when? I’m nervous because my second Pfizer shot was almost 6 months ago.

And this is why on the Dis FB post I was like "this isn't going to be confusing or anything" because where do you know what to do with some of these rides? Indoor, then outdoor, then indoor again....and so on. It's just made it so much more confusing, and so much harder for them to police because now people can argue back with them about technicalities. It's not like a lot of people don't already take their mask off anyway when they leave the boarding area though.

I agree - it is totally confusing!

We spent the morning in MK today, 8/19. We decided not to really rope drop like we normally would because wait times have been pretty decent and we figured it would be nicer to wait for space later while we could be inside instead of waiting before park open outside. So we ended up near main street bakery at 9 when the park opened. We were able to accomplish Buzz 2x, Space (20 min wait), tea cups, dumbo 2x, ariel, waffle break, philharmagic, princess cavalcade, dole whip break, and main street shopping by 1230. We could have done plenty more rides with little to no wait but after walking 14k steps each day for the past few days, we were ready to be carted out of there XD

Mask compliance was mostly good. There was an incident in space when a couple had their masks under their chins almost the entire queue, another when the duo in the clamshell next to us on ariel took theirs off and we asked them to put them back on, and while waiting in the inside queue area for philharmagic, a man was not wearing a mask at all even though his entire group had them on. We thought maybe he had a medical excuse but nope! He put it on when he got close to the cast member 🙄🤬

Also in case anyone is staying at contemporary, they are not running any boats from MK to or from contemp, nor are they running boats between the other resorts and contemp. Took us a hot minute to get back from Wilderness Lodge today lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter