Call me a complainer but when 5 (!) rides are down in a park at the same time, with what people pay between park tickets and Genie+, the least they could do is open up the anytime LL to any and all rides that are still running at the time. Alternatively, give a refund. Also, not being able to PH until 2 is ridiculous.
Nope for option 1. The rides that are restricted are that way for a reason - usually low capacity. Also you don’t want everyone running over to Space Mountain during a thunderstorm.

Nope for option 1. The rides that are restricted are that way for a reason - usually low capacity. Also you don’t want everyone running over to Space Mountain during a thunderstorm.
There were no thunderstorms today. They were all mechanical issues. I’m not saying they should do this every time a ride is down. But when several rides are down for 2+ hours, give people a break.

There were no thunderstorms today. They were all mechanical issues. I’m not saying they should do this every time a ride is down. But when several rides are down for 2+ hours, give people a break.
If they opened up any ride, many with Thunder LLs would run to Pan or JC (both low capacity) and Pan’s LL line would back up into the walkway even more than it usually does. Refund of G+ is the best solution there.

EPCOT is worse. FEA went down when I had an LL for it and the other 4 headliners were excluded. Even Soarin. The only rides it was good on were basically walk on at that point. It did reopen later that day but my options were to wait or waste it on a walk on ride.

If they opened up any ride, many with Thunder LLs would run to Pan or JC (both low capacity) and Pan’s LL line would back up into the walkway even more than it usually does. Refund of G+ is the best solution there.

EPCOT is worse. FEA went down when I had an LL for it and the other 4 headliners were excluded. Even Soarin. The only rides it was good on were basically walk on at that point. It did reopen later that day but my options were to wait or waste it on a walk on ride.
Yes, they need to figure this out. Or have better maintenance on the rides. Throw us a bone because this situation under the current system is unacceptable. Refund or let the people in the affected park hop over to other parks before 2. It’s not like they don’t have the technology to know where a guest came from.

MK today was an embarrassment for the WDW company. 7 rides were down for a prolonged period of time. We went back in the evening to use the anytime LL, and tea cups broke down again, so did SM for the last few hours. Something else too, I forget. BTMR came back on around 8:30, after being offline for about 11ish hours. We kept talking about spending more time at Universal in the future. We’re headed there tomorrow, and I’m really looking forward to having EP with our resort stay.

Yes, they need to figure this out. Or have better maintenance on the rides. Throw us a bone because this situation under the current system is unacceptable. Refund or let the people in the affected park hop over to other parks before 2. It’s not like they don’t have the technology to know where a guest came from.

MK today was an embarrassment for the WDW company. 7 rides were down for a prolonged period of time. We went back in the evening to use the anytime LL, and tea cups broke down again, so did SM for the last few hours. Something else too, I forget. BTMR came back on around 8:30, after being offline for about 11ish hours. We kept talking about spending more time at Universal in the future. We’re headed there tomorrow, and I’m really looking forward to having EP with our resort stay.
I’ve never gotten anything from Guest Services but a cold shoulder with a side of condescending attitude when I’ve encountered issues like this but others have been successful in getting some sort of compensation. So, if it’s bad enough it might be worth it to ask for a LL good anywhere/what you want to ride that is open or a refund if you’ve had bad luck all day, give it a go at the main guest services center (main center because maybe where I went wrong was dealing with blue umbrellas who are deployed amongst the chaos).

What a terrible day. In the old days, you would have received some pixie dust from customer service. We received 4 free waterpark tix 10 years ago when we had an issue and had to sort it out at MK customer service. I haven't heard of anything remotely that generous in a very long time. I hope you at least get a refund on your Genie+.

Going almost 9 years without opening a new popular ride at MK certainly didn't help with capacity/wait times either.

Those aren't the only tiers that locals can buy.
Those are the tiers that only locals can buy. Anyone can buy incredipass and a large population (dvc) of non locals can buy sorcerer.

At any rate a large section of ap was blocked from going on the 4th which is what I said.

Anyone 8:30 ropedropped SDMT recently? Wondering how it went time wise. Hoping to get it done along with PPF right afterwards with little wait.

Happily came to my most magical place on earth this past Thursday (7/6). On Monday morning, woke up with a bit of a sore throat - fyi, Magic Kingdom does not sell cough/throat drops.

Still thought is was a minor sore throat. Hopped over to Studios, saw Frozen Show, hugged Olaf. Came back to our once in a lifetime stay in a Riviera grand villa - felt such exhaustion I thought I would collapse. Took to bed, freezing & slept the night away from 5 pm.

Next day, I couldn’t stop sleeping. So I called Advent Health - they have a shuttle service to & from their urgent care center to all the WDW resorts. It was free & I think they take most health insurances. Was promptly seen (it was around 5 pm and tested for strep & Covid.) And yes, like the title says - it was the damn Covid.

Doc says since I was vaxxed 4 times, my body can fight it on its own (I’m on meds that interact with paxlovid). But my body is fighting it locked in a bedroom in this beautiful grand villa that I can’t use the rest of, so the rest of the family is protected. Unfortunately my sister who shared my room also caught it. ☹️

I feel so bad about the potential people I could have spread it to that day. I am convinced I caught it from the buses (I noticed a lot of coughing) - but who the heck knows.

I’d say to be careful out there, but the only way to do that would be to wear a mask which is kind of impossible in this heat.

I had such a false sense of security coming - we were here 2021 & 2022 - never had a problem.

Just posting this as a cautionary tale. I hope this doesn’t happen to others, it’s been quite the disappointment. But hey, silver lining - I got to go on Tron & Guardians before I went down for my own personal refurbishment 😉 Oh, and we are feeling better each day!

Happily came to my most magical place on earth this past Thursday (7/6). On Monday morning, woke up with a bit of a sore throat - fyi, Magic Kingdom does not sell cough/throat drops.

Still thought is was a minor sore throat. Hopped over to Studios, saw Frozen Show, hugged Olaf. Came back to our once in a lifetime stay in a Riviera grand villa - felt such exhaustion I thought I would collapse. Took to bed, freezing & slept the night away from 5 pm.

Next day, I couldn’t stop sleeping. So I called Advent Health - they have a shuttle service to & from their urgent care center to all the WDW resorts. It was free & I think they take most health insurances. Was promptly seen (it was around 5 pm and tested for strep & Covid.) And yes, like the title says - it was the damn Covid.

Doc says since I was vaxxed 4 times, my body can fight it on its own (I’m on meds that interact with paxlovid). But my body is fighting it locked in a bedroom in this beautiful grand villa that I can’t use the rest of, so the rest of the family is protected. Unfortunately my sister who shared my room also caught it. ☹️

I feel so bad about the potential people I could have spread it to that day. I am convinced I caught it from the buses (I noticed a lot of coughing) - but who the heck knows.

I’d say to be careful out there, but the only way to do that would be to wear a mask which is kind of impossible in this heat.

I had such a false sense of security coming - we were here 2021 & 2022 - never had a problem.

Just posting this as a cautionary tale. I hope this doesn’t happen to others, it’s been quite the disappointment. But hey, silver lining - I got to go on Tron & Guardians before I went down for my own personal refurbishment 😉 Oh, and we are feeling better each day!
Get well!

Even before Covid, it seemed 1 or more of us got sick during every WDW trip. Our 09 Thanksgiving WDW vacation (free dining during Thanksgiving!) is affectionately known by our family as "The Swine Flu Trip." 3 of us got it while there, and the 4th got it the day after we returned.

It sucks that you caught it on vacation! That sucks and is a fear of mine when I vacation anywhere. I hope you feel better soon!

People have been catching crap on Disney vacations since Disney opened. It’s a breeding ground for germs. Covid isn’t going anywhere. It is like any other flu/common cold/virus that has been going around all year and will go around for now until the end of time.

Everyone is gonna get it. Sucks that it happened in the middle of a lifetime vacation. Great to know Advent has a good operation complete with a shuttle there.

The delivery services are your friends for your favorite cough drops, etc! They all deliver to RIV!

YOU GAVE COVID TO OLAF?! 😲

Seriously, it sucks to get sick after vacation. Take care of yourself and get better soon.

Sounds all too familiar.

I started feeling odd on the last night of our May trip. Kept wobbling on my high heels while walking back to the room from dinner but figured it was just the heat, a long day and not wearing heels often at all. Peculiarly, that was a symptom I had throughout when standing for very long. My knees would start to feel wobbly, and I'd have to sit or lie down for a time. My doctor said she'd not heard of that one before but that every person reacts differently.

We left for home the next morning, driving. That night at our stopover hotel, I began feeling like I had allergies and then some. We drove on home the next day, me figuring I'd feel better once I got away from unaccustomed pollen.

Never even occurred to me until the next morning it might be covid. Still felt awful and tested. Yup, a dark red line, no doubt at all. That evening, DH started feeling bad.

We both were beastly ill for two weeks though fully vaccinated and boostered and didn't lose the cough for nearly 2 months. Paxlovid is mean stuff. It left the most horrid metallic taste in my mouth. I was sucking on Altoids almost constantly for some relief.

We made it clear through the worst of the pandemic never getting it, not even on our post-shutdown '21 trip. Got it this year for sure!

Like you, I feel bad about having exposed people but never thought that's what it might be. I'm smarter now and will definitely travel with antigen tests henceforth. We're both just grateful I didn't get sick mid-stay. I truly can empathize with the OP. That would be miserable.

It sucks that you caught it on vacation! That sucks and is a fear of mine when I vacation anywhere. I hope you feel better soon!

People have been catching crap on Disney vacations since Disney opened. It’s a breeding ground for germs. Covid isn’t going anywhere. It is like any other flu/common cold/virus that has been going around all year and will go around for now until the end of time.
Very true! I always came back with a cold, which I always blamed on the plane!

It’s just so wasteful (monetarily) to get it in the middle of the trip!
Everyone is gonna get it. Sucks that it happened in the middle of a lifetime vacation. Great to know Advent has a good operation complete with a shuttle there.
Yeah, I had what I tell people was “Covid original” back in April 2020. Nursed my 90 year old father & sister through it. Lost a good friend to the Covid Delta variant, so it’s kind of spooky to me.

Where’s a normal cold virus instead? 🤭

Best wishes to OP & her sister for a speedy & complete recovery. Last June we masked on the buses and at the airport & on the plane. We have a flight coming up and will again mask on airport/plane ( not a Disney trip). Nothing is full proof- just us personally, we’re going by the “15 minute “ rule. All vaxed & boosted but Covid is not the common cold or even Influenza ( which can also be a wicked experience for high risk folks). So sorry for the folks that have a really expensive vacation ruined.

Sorry you are ill and hope you are feeling better soon.

Unfortunately sickness at Disney is a common occurrence when coming in contact with so many people and touching so many surfaces.

Please move this thread back to 'Here Now and Just Back' experiences and away from Covid discussions.

Just wondering if anyone who recently visited and opted to not use Genie+ could share their wait time experiences. Not sure if I'm crazy to be considering not purchasing it. :crazy:

Also, not being able to PH until 2 is ridiculous.

I am not at all trying to hijack this thread, but this caught my eye because I just don't understand why I am seemingly the only one screaming that very statement in my head all the time. I'm so glad they're (finally!!) getting rid of park reservations, but don't AT ALL understand why it's not until January... And why, for the love of all that is holy, did they not announce at the same time that they're jettisoning the PH 2pm restriction?? That's the final deal-breaker standing between my husband and I and us booking a return trip. I just honestly don't get it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter