Here now-live short reviews

Karlzmom

DIS Veteran
We are here now - hitting some old favorites and trying some new places.

Raglan Road-dinner. Fresh off the plane, we hit DTD to exchange our AP cert, pick up the TIW card and a bite to eat. Called to see where we could get in for dinner and were told no DTD ADRs taken on same day after 5, but we could walk around and try walk ups. RR took us right away. DH had the chowder and thought it wax quite tasty. I had the bagels and Booz. We thought I was the clear winner. The sausage really worked well with the beer DH was drinking (arrogant b$&-/(), if you care to try the pairing) the meat seemed to tame the beer a bit and the beer enhanced the food. DH says he will likely order it on Friday. DS had his usual Mac and cheese. We found RR to be a great value with the TIW card, particularly when you consider that you get to valet park at DTD with the receipt. The effective cost including tip was just over $60. Not a bad 1st meal.

Pizza Planet- lunch. 1st try here and wasn't expecting much. We tried pepperoni pizza, a meatball sandwich and the antipasto salad along with a cappuccino cupcake. I liked that salad best. Nice balance of vegetables to neat and the dressing was not overwhelming but still covered the entire salad. Saw them toss it fresh. The pizza was ok and I didn't care for the sandwich. My guys loved both and declared they would eat here again. We all enjoyed the cupcake. It was a nice treat without being overly sweet. Lunch rang in at just about $40.

Boma-dinner. What can I say, I was underwhelmed for the price. I liked the chicken stew best if all. It's sad when the soup is the best part of a 40 dollar a head meal. The rest was ok, but I wish we had gone to Sanaa instead. DS really didn't love it. DH seemed to enjoy the ribs, but I thought they were dry. Out the door with TIW was $125. Sever was ok but I had to catch an error on the bill and he didn't offer a replacement to the drink DS sent over on his 1st sip...

Sunshine seasons - lunch. DH had Asian Tuna and Noodles. Said tuna was really spicy, but cleaned his plate. DS got the pizza panini special and enjoyed it without the sauce that was served on the side noting it was a grilled cheese on "pizza bread". I had the mushroom soup and a tray of sushi. Soup was ok. To bad artist point didn't share the recipe :-). Sushi was typical boxed sushi. Add in a banana, beverages and a shared red velvet whoopie pie (good, liked the chocolate chips in the filling) and we were out the door right around $42.

Coming up - Jiko, Crystal Palace, BOG lunch and a return to Raglan Road.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter