Hertz extra capacity please help

Scouse mouse

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone

I have rented a premium extra capacity SUV GMC Yukon XL or similar with Hertz via rental cars.com

I'm now being told that Hertz don't have the 8 seater SUV ! We travel in 6 weeks for our wedding and this really isn't the news I need to hear.

Just wondering if anyone has hired or got an 8 seater SUV with Hertz recently?

They're trying to back me into a corner to change to a passenger van, which, as I'm the only driver, I don't want to drive.

For us, part of the holiday is driving a luxury car (which we don't get to do here). :drive:

Please can anyone help reassure me that they do have them. Don't want to turn up and they only have 7 seaters and my dad has to run behind for 2 weeks :thanks:

Thanks all

Hi, yes. They sent me a confirmation email of the booking which said 7 seat surburban or similar, that's how I found out the change. I then rang them and they said their systems only showing 7 seat capacity.

How did you make the booking originally? Verbally over the phone, or on the Hertz Website, or through a third-party website like Priceline, Orbitz, etc?

My guess is cars.com is wrong about what they have, I've never seen a bookable 8 seat Suv with Hertz, they might have some but there is no way to reserve exact models except for the dream cars..which doesn't do you any good since the largest dream car is a full sized Range rover

How did you make the booking originally? Verbally over the phone, or on the Hertz Website, or through a third-party website like Priceline, Orbitz, etc?

I booked through rentalcars.com online. The booking was for a rental with hertz for GMC Yukon xl or similar. I then checked in online and for a confirmation email stating chevvy surburban suv

My guess is cars.com is wrong about what they have, I've never seen a bookable 8 seat Suv with Hertz, they might have some but there is no way to reserve exact models except for the dream cars..which doesn't do you any good since the largest dream car is a full sized Range rover

I rang them and they said hertz must have give them the wrong car spec! Just can't see it myself.

Hi everyone

I have rented a premium extra capacity SUV GMC Yukon XL or similar with Hertz via rental cars.com

I'm now being told that Hertz don't have the 8 seater SUV ! We travel in 6 weeks for our wedding and this really isn't the news I need to hear.

Just wondering if anyone has hired or got an 8 seater SUV with Hertz recently?

They're trying to back me into a corner to change to a passenger van, which, as I'm the only driver, I don't want to drive.

For us, part of the holiday is driving a luxury car (which we don't get to do here). :drive:

Please can anyone help reassure me that they do have them. Don't want to turn up and they only have 7 seaters and my dad has to run behind for 2 weeks :thanks:

Thanks all
We've never seen an 8 seater in the Hertz SUV line-up.

If you're not locked in, Alamo lists a Premium SUV with 8 seat capacity. Strangely enough they list it as a Chevrolet Suburban.

We've never seen an 8 seater in the Hertz SUV line-up.

If you're not locked in, Alamo lists a Premium SUV with 8 seat capacity. Strangely enough they list it as a Chevrolet Suburban.

Thanks for your reply. They've said we can cancel, but Alamo are wanting another £400 for the 8 seater. We booked in advance as we find it's cheaper. We thought about it, but really can't afford this extra 5 weeks before we go. Still got a few little bits for the wedding to pay for.

I asked rentalcars to honour the booking and change to Alamo at their expense, due to their error. They said that their system hasn't got this car available. I asked them, to contact Alamo directly and see if they have it, which they do, because I've been onto Alamo myself to see if they had one available to hire and they do. Rentalcars are having none of it. Just keep saying that Alamo haven't made this available for them to hire to customers.

They are really pushing for me to take the 12 seat passenger van, which I am definitely not driving. I'm at a loss where else to turn with this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter