Hertz return site near Port?

Toxicesq

Earning My Ears
I will have a Hertz car at WDW for a week before a 4-day cruise in January. Right now I'm scheduled to return it to the Hertz office at the Marriott Village near WDW the day before the cruise begins. But then I have to arrange for transporation from WDW to the ship, and I'm afraid the DCL bus will get us to the ship later than we want to get there. Is there a Hertz office near the Port so we could drive to the Port and drop the car off there? I plan to use the DCL bus to get back to the airport when we come home.

We used Hertz for a one-way rental from MCO to our Disney cruise and another one-way rental back again in Spring 2002. It worked well. They have a free shuttle between their location and the DCL terminal.

Since then, Hertz has moved north from their old Cocoa Beach location to a new location nearer to the port.

According to the Hertz website, the new address is:

6211 North Atlantic Avenue
Cape Canaveral, Florida
Telephone: 321-783-7771

Also, see the Dave's DCL Tribute car rental info at http://www.dcltribute.com/carhire/carhirebody.htm

I should add that on the day we sailed, I pulled our Hertz rental car up to the curbside luggage check-in at the DCL terminal, where I left our bags with a porter. My wife and kids stayed at the port and checked in, and my wife made Palo reservations. While they were doing that, I returned the car to Hertz. I just missed the shuttle, but after a while, a Hertz employee kindly gave me a ride. Still, I probably boarded the ship an hour after my wife and kids.

It would have been more fun if we had boarded as a family, but what we did was practical.

If you split up like this, make sure that everyone has the right documentation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter