HEY! Let's plan a trip to Disney World in 24 days!!(A belated Disneymoon PTR)*BOOKED*

jaci-h

If you feel psycho dad needs a frozen coke over hi
Hi all :) My name is Jaci (pronounced like Jackie). AND I'M GOING TO DISNEY WORLD IN 24 DAYS!

Okay, enough yelling. Just had to get that out of my system.

My husband, Wes, and I got married right out of college, this June 5th. We've been married for 7 awesome weeks and we're having a blast with our new life. New home, new husband, new town... but something was missing? I couldn't find a job! This college grad was officially struggling at finding employment. Even in a city (Dallas) that is still somewhat thriving through this recession.

Basically the rule was "no income, no honeymoon". Boo. What a catch 22! I was worried because once I found a job, I wouldn't have any vacation time built up and in my head, our honeymoon wouldn't be able to happen for another year or two. :confused3

But then........:banana::woohoo::banana::rotfl::cool1::thumbsup2:worship:

I GOT A TEACHING JOB!!!!!!

I attained a position teaching at a Preschool. My first day is August 11th, I train all the way until August 14th and then.... I have a mandatory SEVEN days off before teacher inservice & the start of school. :dance3:

Next up: Cast of Characters!

Congratulations on the marriage and the new teaching job! Nothing like a last minute trip to add to it! :)

We are Jaci & Wesley H. We've been married two fabulous months:lovestruc, but we've known each other for 5 years. Started dating 4.5 years ago, engaged 19 months ago. Married 1 month ago!

We live in a lovely little suburb (if you could call it that) of Dallas, Texas.

The Cast of Characters
me.jpg

This is me! I am currently a nanny, starting my Preschool teaching job in August. I have been to WDW three times. The first time, I don't remember it at all, but it was when the Full House Disney special was being filmed. The second time, I was in eighth grade and had an absolute blast with my family. and the third time was in March, with my best friend/last college roommate.

hubby.jpg

This is my awesome DH & best friend in the whole world. We were hanging out this morning in bed and I was reading some TRs and he revealed to me that he has never been to Disney World. :eek::scared1: Somewhere in our 5 years of knowing each other (and an engagement, marriage, & then post wedding moving in together) that little detail slipped through the cracks. I almost fainted! Then I realized I get the honors of taking him on his first WDW trip! :banana: :woohoo:

We can't forget these characters, who won't be joining us:
JP.jpg

JP, my rescued kitty. 3 years old. Loves sleeping on the top of bookshelves.

jake.jpg

Jake, DH's 4 year old Brittany/Sheltie/mutt mix. He is also a rescue. He loves getting under the covers of our bed, while we're not looking. He's definitely not allowed up there!

dakota.jpg

Dakota, our newest addition. He is a Great Pyrenees/Shepard mix. He is the most anxiety ridden dog, and was rescued from an abused home. My dad adopted him, but when my parents got divorced didn't want him anymore. So we took him in last month. He is a sweetie with hip displacia.

:thumbsup2
[/COLOR]

:goodvibes 3 weeks, 2 days to go. Things are already starting to come together :) Including parents pitching in and adding honeymoon and birthday magic! (His was July, mine is in September!)

Our dates are Sunday July 15th - Saturday July 21st

Tentative Schedule
15th - Leave Texas at 7am and head to my grandparents house in Pace, FL... super convenient stop 12 hours away.
16th - arrive at noon. DHS, later evening check in to hotel
17th - Breakfast at Kona, EPCOT
18th - Magic Kingdom
19th - Animal Kingdom
20th - check out of hotel, Magic Kingdom, leave by 2pm, hit grandparents house around 8pm.
21st - Leave early, home by dinner!

:teacher:Then I start pre-first week of school preparations on the 23rd!:rotfl::cool1:

We probably only have enough extra $$ for one more ADR... any suggestions? I'm thinking first MK day we'll eat lunch somewhere nice. Where should we go?!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEK! 23 days :)

DH and I got WONDERFUL news this evening. We now have the ability to TRIPLE OUR DISNEY SPENDING!!!!!!!!!!!

More than likely our budget will NOT triple... but just knowing that some Disney $ just plopped into our laps is a dream come true. MAGIC!:wizard:

:hug: I could hug a stranger right now. WHO WANTS ONE?!

:dance3:

Okay, enough celebrating. Do you realize what this means?

NO MORE DRIVING!!!!!!!!! Flying it is! A DTD Hotel! More than 2 ADRs! A photopass CD! :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay: :banana:

My head just exploded. :D

CONGRATS!!! :cool1: Since you are now flying have you thought about checking out the free dining promo and stay on site??? :surfweb: It might save you some money in the long run and add an extra night to your trip!!! pixiedust: Good luck with the planning!! :woohoo:

CONGRATS!!! :cool1: Since you are now flying have you thought about checking out the free dining promo and stay on site??? :surfweb: It might save you some money in the long run and add an extra night to your trip!!! pixiedust: Good luck with the planning!! :woohoo:

How does one go about getting free dining? :confused3 Do you ask the vacation planner when you call? I have a PIN and we're now looking at CSR, but if we can get free dining instead that might be good case for my husband to agree that we need the dining plan ;)

When you go the disneyworld.com scroll all the way to the bottom of the page and click on summer offers. Then click on ROOM + TICKET + FREE DINING and then click check availablity. Enter your dates and type of hotel you would like to stay in. The offer with 40% off rooms way be the better deal for you, just play around with it to see with saves you more.

If you are booking through a TA she can check on these promos for you, or if you call disney to book just ask for one of the promos and the CM with help you choose which is best. Happy Planning!! :banana:

Here are the tenative plans! We'll be able to book next week, so I'm hoping there is still availability...

DH agreed to......

4 nights at the CSR
5 days at the parks (we'll probably do 2 relaxing half days)
Dining Plan!.... YEAHHH!!!!!!!!
Flying to Orlando from Dallas ;)

I. AM. SO. EXCITED.
I didn't fall asleep until 4am last night because I my brain was Disney buzzin' :scared1:

Congratulations on the wedding, and the job etc! :banana:

You're a brave girl, booking a trip with less than a month to plan!! As you can see from my signature, I've still got a while to go, and I'm still planning!

Can't wait to read more!

xxx

Hello all.

WE'RE BOOKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:rotfl: :scared1:
and I'm slowly coming to the realization that WE HAVE SO MUCH TO DO. I need to find some good check lists ;)

Instead of CSR (we couldn't get what we wanted on FD), we decided to go with the Swan. I'd love to stay in a Disney resort, but this will do. It seems to have a more "romantic" feel/grownup feel. DH wasn't interested in being completely immersed in Disney, so that's why the Swan works for us! :)

Itinerary

August 15th - Fly out to Orlando, my sister will pick us up (she goes to college there and has yet to go to WDW :scared1:)

August 16th - parks and late Narcoossee dinner (so excited!). We're crossing our fingers for a good view of Wishes & the electrical parade.

August 17th - Kona Breakfast & parks

August 18th - parks

August 19th - parks, check out by 11 am, leave for the airport by 4:30!

I'm sure you all understand how excited I am. We got park hopper passes at the last minute, which doubles my excitement :) I've never done the parks before with hoppers, so it will be a new and exciting experience.

Thanks for the read :) Next update will be about packing! :hippie:

I agree, I'm nuts to play a Disneymoon in 24 days! :dance3:

http://www.amazon.com/Disney-Junior-Encyclopedia-Animated-Characters/dp/1423116704
Bought this off amazon last night after seeing it discussed on the boards. I am SO excited to show DH when it gets here. We're bringing a full backpack into the parks, so it will fit in there. EEEEK! :)

It will be a great keepsake to show our kids one day if we can get a ton of signatures!!

In other news, I tye dyed shirts and they are finally done! Pics to come later. I bleach penned Mickey heads onto them :D They look silly, but thats the point, right? ;)

You and this entire plan are freaking adorable. Subscribed, can't wait to see how it all goes! Wishing you tons and tons of pixie dust!!!

Congratulations on your marriage! :goodvibes

From the looks of your ticker, we're checking in on the same day. :woohoo:

Looking forward to seeing the shirts that you made and hearing about your plans. popcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter